Patch 150 - Dec 14, 2012: Anniversary, Help, Vendors, React.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Soulbreak

Re: Patch 150 - Dec 14, 2012: Anniversary, Help, Vendors, Re

Post by Soulbreak »

Now AFK resource gatherers such as AFK reg buys are going to have an extreme upper hand.

Staying with OSI is great and all, but AFK reg buying should be illegal if you are going to change the restock rate.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Is this WAI? Not sure a world with no regs is going to be fun for very long..
Great Lakes 1998-2001

FozzyTheBear

Post by FozzyTheBear »

inego wrote:Is this WAI? Not sure a world with no regs is going to be fun for very long..
Agreed... just started playing this server 2 weeks ago and am really enjoying it, but this reg change has made it almost impossible for myself to train magery or hunt for that matter. I can't find any regs and I am literally going to every single mage shop in the game. Its rather frustrating.

Cullinarn

Post by Cullinarn »

Just had to post this before I went to bed: Please calm down, guys. I don't say that to be critical, as I understand why people are upset. That said, things should be back to normal soon, and might even be better.

What we are experiencing now is akin to the reaction of people in a town about to be hit by a snowstorm. Everyone rushes out to buy enough canned food to get them through the storm and then munches on pork and beans for the next two years. If the patch notes are correct, and the amounts persist through a server restart, the market should be back to some sense of normalcy after the panic. There are honest players selling bulk regs in the interim (I know of Azheman, but I'm sure there are more) who are not trying to take undue advantage of the situation. We'll get through the Great Reagent Crisis of 2012 as surely as we'll survive the Long Calendar. Things might actually be better; we'll see. What I can assure you of is that there is NO way that buying regs is going to be as difficult under the terms of the most recent patch as the past couple of days suggest. Let's give it a chance; we owe era-Accuracy -- our founding principle -- the duty of at least waiting through a short period of panic to see if she has rendered a playable environment for us.

-UN

P.S. I understand that the situation now makes it difficult for players who may have just started. I beg you: stay with us! This is a wonderful shard, and a wonderful community. Periods of panic and uncertainty were always the norm before and after patches back in the OSI 90s, so many of us have been through this before. That said, they always calmed down (until they made Trammel and we all quit). ;) Bear with it. If you need to, take a break for a week or so. Things will be calm again soon.
Last edited by Cullinarn on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cullinarn
Founder
The House of Oor'tael

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Great Post ^

Star Hunter
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Star Hunter »

Don't we all have to live with the same rules? i could really give a shit less what the rules are as long as everybody has to follow them...adapt and over come instead of screaming and running like a maniac to the hills. I'm Star Hunter and i approve this Msg.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I was just saying it's annoying, and probably frustrating for new players trying to even use a mage..

I would think it would certainly dissuade new players from joining, as they do not have a stock pile of regs to rely on.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Maybe we should start a newbie bank that people donate gold to: Only to be used when a noob gets on irc or forums asking for help getting regs.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think if somone did the math they'd find that the number of reagents that would spawn hourly in the world would exceed by hundreds of times the amount that could realisticly be bought or used. I also don't see how it's at all possible that there will be a reagent shortage of any significance ones the hype dies down.

To get the calculations started, across the world there are:
29 mage vendors,
8 herbalists,
29 alchemists.

That's 1320 of each reagent per 50 minutes, or 34,320 per day, at minimum inventory amounts, assuming they are never bought out.

Assuming just 8 of them are bought out each hour, they will eventually each respawn with 999 every 50 minutes. Those 8 vendors alone would introduce 223,776 of each reagent per day.

Anyone care to calculate how much gold would be removed from the economy daily by an AFK macroer buying out all the reagent vendors all day everyday, as the amounts on each vendor approached 999 and stayed there?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I also want to add that worldwide outdoor reagent spawns were increased on Saturday as promised, especially in newbie areas such as Moonglow and the forests around Britain. New players shouldn't have much trouble finding regs.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Cullinarn

Post by Cullinarn »

Precisely Derrick. And there you have it from the source. The fires of panic will die down eventually, when people realize what is going on. If they don't die down in the next week or so, they will simply die for lack of fuel. All is well in the world -- or will be, once people get their heads on straight. I'm annoyed with the lack of regs now too, but the important thing to remember is that the situation we are dealing with now is not a result of the patch. The situation we are dealing with is the result to an irrational, gut response that many people had to the patch. As said previously, it's like a grocery store before a winter storm; eventually, everyone will realize that they just spent their last three paychecks on canned food without giving any thought to their mortgage. :lol: :wink:

-UN
Cullinarn
Founder
The House of Oor'tael

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Good to know this should be adding more in the long run, however as of now it's a pain to restock as all the vendors seem empty.
Great Lakes 1998-2001

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

just know that we can go to an extent to stop the afk resource gathering ourselves as players
get out there and block some locations- restock is what less than 1 hr? takes something how long to decay on the floor or a pet to go wild rather, (pet goes wild in 2 hrs) lets start blocking locations and laugh as the afk resource gathers miss out on rounds upon rounds. :)

lets start pointing out all locations we find and make it known to all others who want to put an end to the afk resource gathering.

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

Why did I only get a 1 year anniversary time piece instead of the correct age of my accounts?
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Derrick wrote:I also want to add that worldwide outdoor reagent spawns were increased on Saturday as promised, especially in newbie areas such as Moonglow and the forests around Britain. New players shouldn't have much trouble finding regs.
The spawn seems unlike osi, the rate is good now but in moonglow I found 7 blood moss in the same area but no other types.

Also why shouldn't afk reg buying be counted as afk resource gathering? Why risk afk LJ /mining/fishing when you can afk reg buy and scroll sell legally... should all be against the rules..

Return to “Patch Notes”