Patch 150 - Dec 14, 2012: Anniversary, Help, Vendors, React.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 150 - Dec 14, 2012: Anniversary, Help, Vendors, Re

Post by Roser »

Great patch!!

Soon people will begin to realize how much the RA portion of this patch effects PVP. It's quite a game changer in my opinion.

After playing with RA for a little while, I am reminded of the time when the Weapons Durability patch first came in and we had extremely high weapon damages. This was toned down for some reason I am not clear about (something to do with Batlin's findings in the demo? I cant remember).

Anyway, it occurred to me that perhaps those original damages would fit with this RA patch very well being that a GM mage can now consistently reflect 27% of all incoming physical damage.

Here is a thread about weapon damages after the durability patch, and before the durability fix that came after.

Any thoughts?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I don't understand how boats are rare now...
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

One more thing to add.

Reactive Armour is currently not returning physical damage it seems. The reflected damage is going right through my dexxer's magic armor, and hitting me for the full amount, as if i was not wearing armor at all.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Derrick wrote:
Freight Elevator wrote:
Derrick wrote:[*]Recall spell requires a surface at the destination.
??
This means you can't recall into the air. The destination must be on a "surface".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where does the OSI patch notes notate this change? Can you not do this on the demo?

So now you cant recall onto water or in the air! You could do this on OSI...

prosonic
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by prosonic »

Robbbb wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Freight Elevator wrote:
??
This means you can't recall into the air. The destination must be on a "surface".

Where does the OSI patch notes notate this change? Can you not do this on the demo?

recall onto water was "location blocked" however you could recall onto a boat at the marked location in this era
[22:41:17] <Braden> Prosonic: If you get drunk and cause trouble here, I am banning ian for life.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Robbbb wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Freight Elevator wrote:
??

agreed, now my water runes no longer work...used to do the same on osi to break into boats...also boats don't ''pick you up'' here

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

they do pick you up but ur z has to be the same height if not higher. just tested boats can still pick u up.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Also, I am not 100% sure, but I think that RA still doesnt save after server restart like reflect does.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Rose wrote:One more thing to add.

Reactive Armour is currently not returning physical damage it seems. The reflected damage is going right through my dexxer's magic armor, and hitting me for the full amount, as if i was not wearing armor at all.
Looking into this, not sure if this is correct or not, will update.
Robbbb wrote:Also, I am not 100% sure, but I think that RA still doesnt save after server restart like reflect does.
That's correct, the OSI script explicitly removes itself on world load. It's likely incorrect for some other spells, but this is certainly the correct behavior for RA.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Since I'm here, I'll just note that reactive armor script in the demo uses the DoDamage function call which should ignore armor. The DoDamageType function call would be used if attempting to account for armor (like harm).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kaivan wrote:reactive armor script in the demo uses the DoDamage function call which should ignore armor.
This is what intetended to check: our implemention of DoDamage. Seems correct.

Thanks Kaivan
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Anyone else notice that there are no regs.. anywhere? Awesome.

Before you could find regs, but now people are going nuts and buying everything.. kinda sucks.. I'm glad I have a few stashed away, but I can't imagine starting fresh and making a mage when people go from vendor to vendor buying out the vendors in a systematic fashion.

oh well.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

player 1

Post by player 1 »

Boondock_Saint wrote:Anyone else notice that there are no regs.. anywhere? Awesome.

Before you could find regs, but now people are going nuts and buying everything.. kinda sucks.. I'm glad I have a few stashed away, but I can't imagine starting fresh and making a mage when people go from vendor to vendor buying out the vendors in a systematic fashion.

oh well.
I am currently relegated to playing my thief because of this. I literally cannot play my bard because I have 0 regs and there are simply none to be found on any vendor in any town. it sucks.

vovoncio

Post by vovoncio »

Yeah, it's really hard to find regs to buy now, all mage shops and player vendors are empty...

It kinda sucks because new people will not join a shard where u couldn't buy regs to play or macro...

This should probably be revised.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

vovoncio wrote:Yeah, it's really hard to find regs to buy now, all mage shops and player vendors are empty...

It kinda sucks because new people will not join a shard where u couldn't buy regs to play or macro...

This should probably be revised.
Agreed.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Return to “Patch Notes”