Patch 150 - Dec 14, 2012: Anniversary, Help, Vendors, React.

Information on the latest Server Patches
advanced1
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 150 - Dec 14, 2012: Anniversary, Help, Vendors, Re

Post by advanced1 »

jimm1432 wrote:
Derrick wrote:I also want to add that worldwide outdoor reagent spawns were increased on Saturday as promised, especially in newbie areas such as Moonglow and the forests around Britain. New players shouldn't have much trouble finding regs.
The spawn seems unlike osi, the rate is good now but in moonglow I found 7 blood moss in the same area but no other types.

Also why shouldn't afk reg buying be counted as afk resource gathering? Why risk afk LJ /mining/fishing when you can afk reg buy and scroll sell legally... should all be against the rules..
You can afk buy, not afk sell
YewFriends wrote: Dont worry versair outside of evil people like Orni and Krypt theres alot of good in the game. Need anything hit me up.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

hmm should be able to afk farm some npcs for gold too- especially if in my razor script i have it using things like bandaids and regs.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Blaine the Gypsy wrote:Why did I only get a 1 year anniversary time piece instead of the correct age of my accounts?

When did the account get registered?
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

Blaise wrote: When did the account get registered?
The same time I registered here on the forum so Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:44 am.
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

Wappness
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wappness »

This sucks.....Been here over 1300 days and the one day I have to attend a death in the family the annv. gifts drop. Oh well I will just keep helping new players get started and hopefully find the gold to buy a gift. Anyway keep up the good work and love this game ..

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Wappness wrote:This sucks.....Been here over 1300 days and the one day I have to attend a death in the family the annv. gifts drop. Oh well I will just keep helping new players get started and hopefully find the gold to buy a gift. Anyway keep up the good work and love this game ..

I hear you... been here 1539 days (on/off) and happened to be sent away last minute this past thursday/friday for business.

Sucks that it was only a 24hr window to log in. I logged in sat morning and was bummed for sure.

Oh well... It is era accurate for no one to feel bad for us! :D

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

Damn I am so mad! I was on vacation and missed the gift bags! :(

Great patch.

Thanks for all the ahrd work Derrick.

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Derrick wrote:
To get the calculations started, across the world there are:
29 mage vendors,
8 herbalists,
29 alchemists.
….
Using these numbers I will give a shot at the math. Currently there are 66 Reg vendors. Currently they are refreshed every 50 mins, upon refreshing if their stock is bought out then an additional 9 is added. EX: Restock 1: 20 Restock 2: 20+9=29
It is also my understanding if the reg is not bought completely out then it will revert back to its initial stock.
Derrick wrote:
[*]Significant vendor restock changes based on UODemo:
  • Vendor restock default 50 mins (from 60)
  • Vendor restock quantity goes back to default quantity when not bought out
  • Vendor restock quantity increases by 9 if bought out.
  • The amount and max for vendor items will now persist through a shard restart.
So to get one vendor to 999 Reagent, the follow MUST happen.
999 – (20 Initial Base Line) = 979.
979/9 (Increment in which Reagent is restocked) = 108.7777777777 (Times Vendor will have to restock)
108.777777 x 50 (Minutes for restock) = 5438.8888888888889
5438.8888888888888889/60 (Minutes in a hour) = 90.64814814815
90.64814814815 / 24 (Hours in a day) = 3.777006172839506

So to get a vendor to 999 Reagents it will take the vendor to be consistently bought out for 3.77 days. If one 50 min period time frame fails to be bought, the process will have to start over.
Granted, I this can happen, it will remain through server restarts.

Let look at the other way shall we?! Of course!
999/2 (Increment in which reagent is restocked) = 499.5
499.5/2 = 249.75
249.75/2 = 124.875
124.875/2 = 62.4375
62.4375/2 = 31.21875
31.21875/2 = 15.609375 (Initial stock is 20, so stopping here)
So, you see it would take 6 hours for a vendor to reach 999 vs 3.77 Days across all 66 vendors! However this system does reset at server start.

Now the backbone of people say is “server accuracy”
I agree. Therefore we should remove stat locks, skills locks, All Kill commands to be re-instituted and spell damage in town when cast on self does full damage.
This is how it was back then, and it was near impossible to 7x GM because of it. So the server isn’t entirely accurate and we know that, and I don’t think it needs to be, but this change will not help in the long run at all. I promise, it didn’t on OSI. Reagents player vendors were sky high until UO changed their restock methods.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

vovoncio

Post by vovoncio »

I agree 100% with Soulbreak.

It is nearly impossible to get 999 regs on a single vendor now, there is no way people will not miss a single 50 min time window in 90 hours.

Just check the vendors stocks, people are buying regs like crazy since the patch and even that way not a single vendor has reached that mark.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Soulbreak wrote:Therefore we should remove stat locks, skills locks, All Kill commands to be re-instituted and spell damage in town when cast on self does full damage.
Skill locks are accurate to the era, and our cutoff date. All kill did not work during the era, plain and simple. Direct damage spells would produce zero damage in town, regardless of who was targeted (I am aware that ours does 1 damage, and it should be corrected).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Kaivan wrote:
Soulbreak wrote:Therefore we should remove stat locks, skills locks, All Kill commands to be re-instituted and spell damage in town when cast on self does full damage.
Skill locks are accurate to the era, and our cutoff date. All kill did not work during the era, plain and simple. Direct damage spells would produce zero damage in town, regardless of who was targeted (I am aware that ours does 1 damage, and it should be corrected).
Is the following correct?
RawToxic wrote: When you hear someone talk about something being UOSA or T2A ERA accurate, they are talking about how something worked within the ultima online game mechanics during a certain period of time now almost 8 years ago. This ERA or time window existed between the releases of Ultima Online: The Second Age, which was released on October 1st, 1998 and Ultima Online: Renaissance which was released on April 3rd, 2000.
Because if it is then I would like some clarification because I specifically remember it exactly how this website describes it. Any 5x - 6x GM Dexxer can tell you this because if they ever disarmed and used a scroll to recall and accidentally punched something, or if they used healing and gained a point of int it took time to rework everything.

Ultima Online: Renaissance, also known as UO:R, is Ultima Online's second expansion. Released on May 4, 2000, it had an estimated retail price of $19.95 US. However, current subscribers were not required to purchase a CD as the updated features were automatically downloaded to existing accounts.

Skills Design Feature -- Perhaps the most popular introduction was the new skill management system, which allowed for more control over a character’s development. Prior to UO:R, not only could you not lock a skill, your skills could be altered simply by standing too close to another character who happened to be training. You could learn by watching, literally! UO:R introduced the Skill lock and the Stat lock.

Source: http://www.uoguide.com/Ultima_Online:_Renaissance
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Soulbreak wrote:
Kaivan wrote:
Is the following correct?
RawToxic wrote: When you hear someone talk about something being UOSA or T2A ERA accurate, they are talking about how something worked within the ultima online game mechanics during a certain period of time now almost 8 years ago. This ERA or time window existed between the releases of Ultima Online: The Second Age, which was released on October 1st, 1998 and Ultima Online: Renaissance which was released on April 3rd, 2000.
Because if it is then I would like some clarification because I specifically remember it exactly how this website describes it. Any 5x - 6x GM Dexxer can tell you this because if they ever disarmed and used a scroll to recall and accidentally punched something, or if they used healing and gained a point of int it took time to rework everything.

Ultima Online: Renaissance, also known as UO:R, is Ultima Online's second expansion. Released on May 4, 2000, it had an estimated retail price of $19.95 US. However, current subscribers were not required to purchase a CD as the updated features were automatically downloaded to existing accounts.

Skills Design Feature -- Perhaps the most popular introduction was the new skill management system, which allowed for more control over a character’s development. Prior to UO:R, not only could you not lock a skill, your skills could be altered simply by standing too close to another character who happened to be training. You could learn by watching, literally! UO:R introduced the Skill lock and the Stat lock.

Source: http://www.uoguide.com/Ultima_Online:_Renaissance
UO Guide acts as a good source for general information. However, it is rarely a good source for precise information regarding actual dates. For example, UOR was not released on May 4, 2000. It was released as a phased release starting on April 17th 2000, a fact that I detail in this post. Another example is the skill gain system, which is claimed as a UOR feature. This is not the case, as the skill management system was introduced on November 23, 1999, nearly 5 months before the release of UOR. Also, UO Guide's comments on learning by watching are completely off base, given the patch notes from OSI themselves, that disabled learning by watching near the beginning of T2A (November 23, 1998 to be specific).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Please refrain from bringing up unrelated stuff that's been beaten to death elsewhere. That's what the other forums are for.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

What is reactive armor suppose to be doing? At the moment it is time based. It lasts longer the more Eval Int you have- while there may be a maximum amount RA absorbs per hit it definately doesn't go off a set amount of dmg total before it expires- it's 100% time based atm. I tested this on various things- placing RA on an ev that I had a guard (outside of town) attacking the guard swinging extremely fast did crazy dmg i'm sure and the RA lasted the same length of time- Is this how RA is suppose to be?

Bourbon Legend

Post by Bourbon Legend »

Hey I'm a new player and I really want to start a mage...

Ok, 50 magery/50 med. Ok got it.

Woohoo! I'm in Britain, and I've got a bunch of spells to put in my book and some regs to cast with!

Uh oh, 6 regs of each doesn't really last at all! I'm gonna go buy some more with the 100g that I have. Woohoo! I'm rich!

Wait, there's no regs to buy here. Or here. Or here. Or here. Or here. This sucks! I wanna play a mage!

What? 5-8k for a stack of 1000? WTF? I just started!

Guess I'll go back to playing WoW/GW2/D3/Whatever....

For a server that wants to attract population...ah nevermind. Deaf ears...

Return to “Patch Notes”