Patch 89 - Feb 22, 2009: Makers Mark

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 89 - Feb 22, 2009: Makers Mark

Post by Derrick »

• You may be prompted to apply your makers mark or not to crafted items.
    • [MarkOption command can set Mark Option to Always, Never or Ask
    • This option is set to Always for all existing characters.
    • Runebooks now are eligible for makers mark again.
    • We are aware that crafters at less than GM level are presently getting the mark option question, this will be fixed tomorrow.
  • Stable will fail on targeting if the stablemaster has moved outside of their stable
    • This fixes an issue where some pets were not being assigned to the correct stable when "stable" was said while the stablemaster was in the stable and the animal was targeted after the stablemaster had wandered outside.

hai t2a

Re: Patch 89 - Feb 22, 2009: Makers Mark

Post by hai t2a »

My scribe is at about 97, I made a runebook today and was told "you affix your makers mark to the item" even though it didn't and it shouldn't anyways.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

damn, i was hoping that this patch would allow npc barkeeps to sell whisky

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Creager

Post by Creager »

Is the makers mark message currently era accurate?

Currently, it reads:

an execptional halberd crafted by (Name)

Shouldn't it be:

a halberd crafted with exceptional quality by (name)
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Faust

Post by Faust »

This would be correct. The current format is the older maker's mark patched in '98. We are currently using the new maker's mark gump that is used in this patch below, which means we should also be using the same format associated with it.
Maker's Mark Nov 23 1999 2:40PM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=1999_Patch_Notes wrote:
Maker’s Marks

Some of the trade skills will be enhanced to allow for more flexibility and personalization of their wares. These enhancements will affect Tailors, Carpenters, Blacksmiths, and Tinkers.

Exceptional marking works as follows: As an example, an exceptional katana made by a non-Grandmaster smith or made by a Grandmaster smith who chooses not to put his makers mark, will now say, "a katana of exceptional quality". An exceptional katana made by a Grandmaster smith who chooses to place his maker's mark on it will say, "a katana crafted with exceptional quality by..." This will be true for all exceptional items.

When a Grandmaster creates an exceptional item, a window will appear asking if they wish to place their mark on the item. Selecting "okay" will place the creator’s name on the item when examined (single clicked). Selecting "cancel" will not put the maker's mark on the item.

Return to “Patch Notes”