Patch 151 - Aug 13 2013 miniPatch: Pets in house, Footstools

Information on the latest Server Patches
Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 151 - Aug 13 2013 miniPatch: Pets in house, Footst

Post by Rammar »

Elk Eater wrote:From what I'm reading about the z-axis limit, if I wanted to lock down an item 30z above the roof of my keep, I couldn't just stack it 30z high, but I could stack a footstool up 17z, lock it down, then stack 13z more and lock the item down?
Two things here if I read Kaivan right. Sounds like they believe it should be a hard limit of 17z, not 20. Also sounds like they believe it should be based on the ground/floor level, not the highest item-adjusted surface as we have... Which would mean many floating lockdowns/secures will no longer be possible (doorway key rings for instance). Also means most all bridges won't be placeable anyhow since they exceed this z-limit.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Elk Eater wrote:Also, is there any word or direction-leaning on how existing footstools will be handled?
Not to be that guy, but I'd imagine they'd get grandfathered like every other item that gets patched out.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Derrick alluded to removing the surface functionality of GF stool's in a future patch.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

i have no idea what this is all about

supposedly you could use stools to access inaccessible areas

you can still use stools to access inaccessible areas - but not of the carpentry type.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

So, if we are getting rid of GF'ed foot stools... can we get rid of GF'ed blessed items? :lol:
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Boondock_Saint wrote:So, if we are getting rid of GF'ed foot stools... can we get rid of GF'ed blessed items? :lol:

No idiot...OSI specifically removed the GF status of the stools - making it era accurate for it to be done here too....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

FishinPro wrote:
Boondock_Saint wrote:So, if we are getting rid of GF'ed foot stools... can we get rid of GF'ed blessed items? :lol:
No idiot...OSI specifically removed the GF status of the stools - making it era accurate for it to be done here too....
OSI didn't have grandfathered blessed items, so your argument is moot.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

so you are saying foot stools just were decoration :? they aren't even impassable?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Hicha wrote:
FishinPro wrote:
OSI didn't have grandfathered blessed items, so your argument is moot.

They didn't have a silver system either...

Items were one way then it was found out that they didn't function that way so the older items were GFed.

Stools were one way here, but it was found out that they were changed in our era and then all older stools were changed too. Two totally different scenarios.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!