Patch 90 - March 12, 2009: Taming, Pet commands, Moongates

Information on the latest Server Patches
Waldo

Re: Patch 90 - March 12, 2009: Taming, Pet commands, Moongates

Post by Waldo »

platypus wrote:
As far as the patch goes, I don't get why any GM tamer would be mad about it. The biggest problem would be having to say "all stop" a lot more often. All it did was completely screw any up and coming tamers, which is good imo, since there's 10x the amount of GM/90+ tamers there was 2 months ago.

Yes it screws anyone hoping to become a tamer..sorry this realy pisses me off getting my tamer into the low 90s without any outside help has takin a lot of time :x This is a fine F you to anyone who did not join UOSA in time to have a tamer.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Dragons really didn't seem very fast to me at all on the test center. In my opinion they seemed rather easy to get away from.. I don't see dragons being that big of a problem anymore anyways. They are too chaotic to risk having too many around.

Also, I know during t2a white wyrms were very fast. The latency issue doesn't really need to be applied either, because I used fastwalk with UOE that generated a 0 ping speed that was still almost impossible to get away from.

Overall this patch is hands down one of the best that has been applied yet.

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

Derrick wrote:
Jdq5001 wrote:did this patch effect the moonglow brown bear spawn?
No, me finding over 200 tamed brown bears down there last week effected that spawn ;)

LOL... darn taming macros

Serpent

Post by Serpent »

What's up with your mount running off everytime you dismount it? Is it supposed to be like that?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Serpent wrote:What's up with your mount running off everytime you dismount it? Is it supposed to be like that?
Oops. no.

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Waldo wrote:
platypus wrote:
As far as the patch goes, I don't get why any GM tamer would be mad about it. The biggest problem would be having to say "all stop" a lot more often. All it did was completely screw any up and coming tamers, which is good imo, since there's 10x the amount of GM/90+ tamers there was 2 months ago.

Yes it screws anyone hoping to become a tamer..sorry this realy pisses me off getting my tamer into the low 90s without any outside help has takin a lot of time :x This is a fine F you to anyone who did not join UOSA in time to have a tamer.

Tamers in training already had alot of grief to put up with people not releasing there tames ect.
I know Tamers in general have a bad reputation it only takes a few to ruin this for everyone..tamers taking over spawn areas, filling stables ect..
Yes I'm gona be a whinny bitch about this until Derrick says this is set in stone the way it's gonna be..

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Kefka wrote:
This was based soley off a one line patch note,
Wrong. The removal of the "all kill" command was mostly because of the "tamer pvp" document that Kavian found. Therefore, because that document was viewed as being the best source for how tamers worked during T2A, pet speed had to be implemented. Along with the patch notes stating that pet speeds were increased, documents such as the tamer pvp one stated that they were fast enough that most players could not get away from them. Stating that this was because of slower connections is purely subjective.

I think it was fine the way before (save for the WW).
I believe the note means that the pets are faster than their wild version simply because they are always moving,
What you THINK does not matter one bit. The notes stated that pets speeds were increased, and the tamer PVP article states that pets, especially white wyrms, were very very hard to get away from.

You can't ask for a complete tamer overhaul and only implement the negative nerfs and ignore the positive changes. I warned many people that the tamer changes/fixes that were going to implemented were going to help most tamers out rather than hurt them. Nobody would listen to me.

:)

--Kefka
Fwerp mentioned it first actually, but I understand you have a permanent boner for me, so whatever. You have a PLAYERS statement saying that WW were hard to get away from (not dragons at that), this is solely an opinion..one which existed during 56k times and not everyone was mounted. All kill was not removed because of that one source Kaivan posted, it was removed because of multiple sources (and memories) stating that the all kill function simply did not work the same way with targetable commands, how many times do we have to go through this?

Also, when will we be expecting the firebreathers attacking randoms commonly? I dare any tamer to stable 10 dragons then.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Waldo wrote:
Waldo wrote:
platypus wrote:

Tamers in training already had alot of grief to put up with people not releasing there tames ect.
I know Tamers in general have a bad reputation it only takes a few to ruin this for everyone..tamers taking over spawn areas, filling stables ect..
Yes I'm gona be a whinny bitch about this until Derrick says this is set in stone the way it's gonna be..
it's set in stone...everyone knew this was coming for a long time now, it was made very public.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

You have a PLAYERS statement saying that WW were hard to get away from (not dragons at that), this is solely an opinion..one which existed during 56k times and not everyone was mounted.
Faust wrote: Also, I know during t2a white wyrms were very fast. The latency issue doesn't really need to be applied either, because I used fastwalk with UOE that generated a 0 ping speed that was still almost impossible to get away from.
I not only have PLAYERS STATEMENTS about how fast White Wyrms were, but PLENTY of legit articles about taming, INCLUDING the PvP one that Kavian posted. Saying that the white wyrm speed from that document is only opinion, and thus invalid, is like saying all of the "no all kill command" statements are opinion, and not valid.

sorry hemp, but unlike "all kill", this isn't really up for debate. have fun running from wyrms. And i have been telling people about the speed increase for months, this change shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There's been a couple problems found today with the patch, as expected. But far less than anticipated.
  • The control chance reduction for fire-breathers was double the intended reduction, due to there being two checks made on most pet commands, the reduction was being applied twice.
  • The pet follow speed, when the pet is following it's master was 25% faster than it should have been, this was due to an initial implementation early in the testing phase that accidentally was left in, parallel to the proper speed increase and will be removed.
  • Fixes the current bug causing most creatures not to wander
These changes are live on test now, will be live on UOSA in the morning.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if you are 85 taming and over this wont affect you gming taming
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I just wanted to take a moment to tell Derrick,
THANKS YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
This patch has effectively brought back one of my all time favorite UO passtimes! I just posted the inaccuracy like 2 days ago, and it's already fixed. THANKS!

-Off to check it out.

Faust

Post by Faust »

What is that Matron?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

To the above poster: Enticement.

I did notice a few issues with the changes.

The delay seems a little long, though I'm not sure where you got the referance for the timing, so I am not going to complain. But someone should be able to spam a Entice-NextTarget-TargetLast macro and entice everything on screen almost simultaniously. I used to have whole legions of horses following me for instance.

When you entice a tamed pet, and the owner issues the follow me command, and you entice the pet immediately after. You get the message "They are already Enticed". (There was no message as I recall) The problem is that the pet ignores any additional enticing until the first entice wears off. Each use of the skill should refresh the enticement timer, and anytime the timer is canceled (all follow me, provoking ect..) you should be able to re-entice without a delay on the target, only the normal skill delay.

Faust

Post by Faust »

What does the delay seem to be like right now?

I tested this on the demo a few days ago and the skill -re-use timer was 10 seconds.