Patch 90 - March 12, 2009: Taming, Pet commands, Moongates

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 90 - March 12, 2009: Taming, Pet commands, Moongates

Post by Derrick »

The following will be effective at shard restart:
  • All pre-tamed creatures are trivial to retame as long as the minimum skill requirement is met.
  • Tame Fire breathing creatures will have more chaotic behavior.
    • They may attack murderers unprovoked. Attacking a murderous owners however will be based on loyalty checks
    • They will be more difficult to control overall.
    • When in attack mode, they will continue to acquire new targets until told to stop.
  • Pets that do not meet required minimum skill cannot enter Wind (unless mounted)
  • Curing for veterinary skill over 61.3 is more encouraged for gain
  • Pet control targeting
    • Targeting limited to range of 10 tiles
    • Target no longer checks Line of Sight to the target
    • All commands that require targeting will only command one pet, usually the closest
  • Pets will acquire targets while wandering and patrolling.
    • Pets on patrol will attempt to return to their patrol once combat is over
  • Pets that are out of range of their owners will not incriminate their owners by their actions
  • Pets on patrol during a shard restart will resume their patrol after restart.
  • Pets that are following their masters will move faster.
  • Creatures will no longer automatically switch targets when aggressed by a closer target
  • NPC's in town will no longer re-call the guards every time they are damaged
  • Weapons swings now never cause autodefend, previously was only Players and Pets that did not do this.
  • "Your hands must be free to cast spells or meditate." now appears above the players head for mediation
  • Message format correction for Bounty Board messages.
  • Hirelings will now respond correctly to the Hire keyword, and state their wage.
  • All creature and NPC speeds have been revised to be based on the standard 0.25 second "tick" speeds. Creatures may very well be miscatagorized at this point, so feedback would be appreciated.
  • Pets follow speed will persist when the creature is given an active command. Firebreathing pets drop to their normal active speed when breath weapon is used.
  • "All Release" will only release one creature at a time
  • Updated Treasure Map decoding requirements. You can now decode level 1's with no cartography skill as per Stratics.
  • Deathmatch signups will no longer effect Harmful and Beneficial actions prior to game start.
  • DeathRobe now has 3AR
  • Bolt of cloth label display correction
  • Amount Healed message change.
  • Combat timer no longer advances on movement for NPC's and Monsters
  • Pets can guard items, and other mobiles.
  • Controlled pets will always be attackable when on guard.
  • Pets who are guarding mobiles will guard the corpse if the mobile dies.
  • Pets who are guarding items or corpses will attack the player or creature who picks up the item, or items from the corpse. This could potentially result in a murder count for the pet's master.
  • You will no longer be revealed if hidden when opening a corpse that is not yours, only when you actually lift items from that corpse.
  • Correction to Parry damage absorption calculation
  • Enticement changes:
    • Tamed creatures can be enticed.
    • Vendors including Bankers can be enticed, but not too far from home.
    • Correction to enticement messages.
    • Longer skill delay on entice.
  • Properly working moongate travel based on: http://martin.brenner.de/ultima/uo/moongates.html
  • Splits Britannia into proper timezones, each two hours wide as is compatible with the above system.
  • Fixes some Stealing messages
  • Weapons when equiped before they are ready will restart their swing timers.
  • Wrestling swing speed is based on stamina.
  • Aggression issue with pets and other creatures after recalling away and back, or hiding should be fixed.
  • Taming animals will be one cycle faster.
  • Town guards no longer show lightning bolt with insta-kill
  • Pets no longer auto-follow after being tamed.
  • Horse price increase

Cass
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 90 - March 12, 2009: Taming, Pet commands, Moongates

Post by Cass »

By "All pre-tamed creatures are trivial to retame," do you mean that tamers will not be able to gain taming skill by taming creatures that were tamed by someone else before?

Moishe

Post by Moishe »

Horse price increase

Horses should be 650 IIRC. The last time I was on here they were 550.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Any exact measurements on the parry absorption calculation? before and after?

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Chance to Block an Attack with a Shield

FORMULA: % Chance of Blocking= Parrying Skill / 2

Parrying Chance of Blocking
5 3%
25 13%
50 25%
75 38%
100 50%

This is the wiki information on parry. I could have sworn that every shield had a difference % chance to block. For example, a heater blocks a very low %, but absorbs more damage when it does block. A buckler blocks the highest %, but absorbs much less damage. Maybe that was a post T2A change? I'm not sure. I just want to figure out exactly how parry works now with every shield.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Daolin wrote:Chance to Block an Attack with a Shield

FORMULA: % Chance of Blocking= Parrying Skill / 2

Parrying Chance of Blocking
5 3%
25 13%
50 25%
75 38%
100 50%

This is the wiki information on parry. I could have sworn that every shield had a difference % chance to block. For example, a heater blocks a very low %, but absorbs more damage when it does block. A buckler blocks the highest %, but absorbs much less damage. Maybe that was a post T2A change? I'm not sure. I just want to figure out exactly how parry works now with every shield.
Differing parry rates was introduced with UOR. During T2A, your chance to block was a straight check on your skill.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Daolin wrote:Any exact measurements on the parry absorption calculation? before and after?
As far as before, it was pretty broken. It was essentially reading the wrong AR value for the shield, and absorbing maybe only 10% of what it should have.
The function of parry now is exacly as stated on this page:
http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/combat.html

Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Only thing I realy dont like is..All pre-tamed creatures are trivial to retame as long as the minimum skill requirement is met.
This is a real kick in the balls to anyone working up a tamer..sure there will be those who like it there either GM taming or very close or hate tamers in general :evil: Raising taming is hard as it is this makes it way WAY harder.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I am just going to be the first to say that the increased speeds of dragons and wyrms is utterly wrong. I know you're going from a source, and trying not to pick and choose, but I think everyone will recognize rather quickly that people not being able to get away from dragons on horses was caused by latency/slow computers. The speeds of dragons/wyrms seen now is over the top.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Fwerp wrote:I am just going to be the first to say that the increased speeds of dragons and wyrms is utterly wrong. I know you're going from a source, and trying not to pick and choose, but I think everyone will recognize rather quickly that people not being able to get away from dragons on horses was caused by latency/slow computers. The speeds of dragons/wyrms seen now is over the top.
I have not seen this. This was based soley off a one line patch note, I find this ridiculous as well. It is well known that you can run much faster on this shard compared to T2A times and that most were not even mounted.

I think it was fine the way before (save for the WW). I believe the note means that the pets are faster than their wild version simply because they are always moving, go attack a dragon in Destard and you will notice that it was much slower than before this patch.

Lame.

EDIT: Also I remember pets benig MUCH slower than they were here before this patch, I used to go and get horses etc. out in the forest and it was a pain bringing them back..this was well throughout OSI. A little disappointed that staff went ahead and made a change based on a single sentence, basically making the change on what they thought would be suitable.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

This was based soley off a one line patch note,
Wrong. The removal of the "all kill" command was mostly because of the "tamer pvp" document that Kavian found. Therefore, because that document was viewed as being the best source for how tamers worked during T2A, pet speed had to be implemented. Along with the patch notes stating that pet speeds were increased, documents such as the tamer pvp one stated that they were fast enough that most players could not get away from them. Stating that this was because of slower connections is purely subjective.

I think it was fine the way before (save for the WW).
I believe the note means that the pets are faster than their wild version simply because they are always moving,
What you THINK does not matter one bit. The notes stated that pets speeds were increased, and the tamer PVP article states that pets, especially white wyrms, were very very hard to get away from.

You can't ask for a complete tamer overhaul and only implement the negative nerfs and ignore the positive changes. I warned many people that the tamer changes/fixes that were going to implemented were going to help most tamers out rather than hurt them. Nobody would listen to me.

:)

--Kefka

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

platypus

Post by platypus »

I like how you act like you're solely responsible for the patch, hemp. "Also I remember pets benig MUCH slower than they were here before this patch, I used to go and get horses etc. out in the forest and it was a pain bringing them back..this was well throughout OSI." : So you played on OSI shards during the T2A era? You would've been what, 7 years old when T2A ended? I bet you remember really well how fast an animal on a computer game was going when you were 7 years old.

As far as the patch goes, I don't get why any GM tamer would be mad about it. The biggest problem would be having to say "all stop" a lot more often. All it did was completely screw any up and coming tamers, which is good imo, since there's 10x the amount of GM/90+ tamers there was 2 months ago.

Jdq5001

Post by Jdq5001 »

did this patch effect the moonglow brown bear spawn?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Jdq5001 wrote:did this patch effect the moonglow brown bear spawn?
No, me finding over 200 tamed brown bears down there last week effected that spawn ;)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Derrick wrote:
Jdq5001 wrote:did this patch effect the moonglow brown bear spawn?
No, me finding over 200 tamed brown bears down there last week effected that spawn ;)
rofl! haha, good answer! ;)