Patch 25 - March 25, 2008 - Casting Changes

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 25 - March 25, 2008 - Casting Changes

Post by Derrick »

This patch addresses some of the inaccuracies that have been discovered with spell casting and mediation rates. The spell casting mechanics should now be accurate to the T2A era prior to the removal of precasting in Jan of 2000.
  • You can no longer equip anything while you are casting.
  • After you cast a spell, it will "time out" after 30 seconds and can no longer target anything. During those 30 seconds, you can now equip a weapon, attack with it without ruining your stored spell. When you release the spell, you will automatically unwield your weapon.
  • Meditation rate while wearing armor has been increased. This does not effect "naked" meditation.
  • Removed some out-of-era tinker items.
  • Magic clothing and jewelry will no longer work in areas in which magic weapons and armor have been disabled. (read: tournament)
  • Area restrictions added to teleport ring.

platy

Re: Patch 25 - March 25, 2008 - Casting Changes

Post by platy »

good changes derrick thanks alot, Just one question, is there now NO way to disrupt your own spells? Say I cast Explosion and i see that my opponent casted Explosion, i cant disrupt to cast something else like heal?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You're welcome. Thanks to you and everyone else who's feedback inspired these corrections.

If you take damage your spell will get disrupted, so you can pop a pouch to interrupt.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Yea there is literally no way to disrupt your spells short of damaging yourself.. You can't even dress clothing or use the candle trick to disrupt it.. don't care for that part at all but i'll work around it..

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

ya me either i liked draggin my clothing when i casted recall to wrong location :(

do0m

Post by do0m »

Actually during T2A and still to this day on OSI shards you can use your spell book to stop casting, just equip it and it will break the spell. i just tried it and it did not work, Derrick this should be looked at.

Blakheart

Post by Blakheart »

hmm as long as i havent clicked the targeting cursor, i just hit escape and it stops the spell and i can cast another one instead

Return to “Patch Notes”