Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons.

Post by Kryptonical »

Apok wrote:hey guys, Just to back up this thread here is the offical patch notes.

Server Publish
ƒT[ƒoƒpƒbƒ` Jan 24 2000 9:14AM CST
2000”N1ŒŽ25“ú 02:14 JST

Pre-casting
The bug involving the ability to "pre-cast" spells and then use or take items will be fixed. After casting a spell, the targeting cursor will disappear if the player does any of the following:

Equips or unequips an item.
Takes an item.
Drags an item from their backpack.

hrmm, I just noticed this patch now its jan 00....isnt that after the cut off date derrick?

Choppa X

Post by Choppa X »

Hemperor wrote: A player manually unequipping and then targeting will be no faster, in fact probably slower than creating a macro for it...just another automated pvp move that the "pro" pvpers will have and the others will have to learn.
I've always disarmed the weap before hitting last target anyway. I was used to it from a different shard, and didn't want to play with it automatically disarming for me, which would mess me up when swapping back and forth between them.

SPANKY

Post by SPANKY »

Yeah, i always disarmed wy wep too before i casted, i played on a shard that had that for a year, it's a habit.
Have you guys ever heard of toggle?

dont need a disarm MACRO.
word.
Sin Cloud wrote: we die on purpose to laugh at your lil pride trips ya'll do. lol
+ -

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kryptonical wrote:hrmm, I just noticed this patch now its jan 00....isnt that after the cut off date derrick?
The quoted patch is the reason we have an cut of date of Dec 31, 1999.

I'm not sure why this patch was quoted.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Spanky_CfH wrote:Yeah, i always disarmed wy wep too before i casted, i played on a shard that had that for a year, it's a habit.
Have you guys ever heard of toggle?

dont need a disarm MACRO.
word.
thats what I said what is one more thing to remember no one will even notice it in a month

Faust

Post by Faust »

Those dumbed down UOR mechanics tend to spoil a lot of the people that never experience the real thing back in the pre-t2a and t2a eras. I'm sure this won't be an issue in a month either.

HarryB

Post by HarryB »

Derrick wrote:You need to disarm the weapon before you target the spell, previously the weapons was automatically removed for you.

.....I was pretty sure I was causing it somehow thru razor lol....I've seen people fizzing all day.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

In regard to the new requirement to disarm to cast; I recognize that this change came out of the blue for many. It's honestly been an intended fix for a long long time, and the whole thing was held off pending settling the arm->disrupt thing. In my mind the two were one in the same, because the one was holding up the correction of the other. So an apology is due for catching everyone off guard, this should have been at least mentioned in days prior to it's implementation, and should also have appeared in the Message Of The Day much sooner than it did.

It was something that had gotten a lot of discussion towards the end of last summer and fall. At which point is was decided that it was incorrect, but not to change it pending finding some more direct evidence for the ability to cancel your spell by arming (which we did finally find, although more indirect than we would have liked)

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

I don't know if it has something to do with the recent patch, but I looted about 6 ringmail tunics from orclords yesterday and attempted to sell in Britain. None of the vendors would buy them. They were all killed by magic, so I did not think it had anything to do with the durability.

Is it a fluke and I was just jinxed or is there a bug? I was able to sell all the weapons from them I looted, but not armor.
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Vendors won't buy items they are overstocked in, it's on a per vendor basis though so try another. If you can't find any vendors that will buy them we'll look to see if there's a problem. I suspect someone probably dumped a load of em in Brit sometime before you got there :(

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

Derrick wrote:Vendors won't buy items they are overstocked in, it's on a per vendor basis though so try another. If you can't find any vendors that will buy them we'll look to see if there's a problem. I suspect someone probably dumped a load of em in Brit sometime before you got there :(
I thought about that too and after 3 of them told me no dice, I went back to look through their wares and none of them had ringmail tunics for sale. Does the system just buy them, but not necessarily show them in their inventory?
"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

d'Troyes wrote:
Derrick wrote:Vendors won't buy items they are overstocked in, it's on a per vendor basis though so try another. If you can't find any vendors that will buy them we'll look to see if there's a problem. I suspect someone probably dumped a load of em in Brit sometime before you got there :(
I thought about that too and after 3 of them told me no dice, I went back to look through their wares and none of them had ringmail tunics for sale. Does the system just buy them, but not necessarily show them in their inventory?
No, it should definitely show them in the inventory. Did those vendors sell armor at all? There are both Weaponssmiths and Armorers. There is a shop just north of the west brit bank this is exclusively armorers.

d'Troyes
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by d'Troyes »

Yes, it was definitely the armorers I was checking out. I'll do it again tonight and post again with much more detail if the issue happens again.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Oh, one more thought on this; it's possible the armor was "damaged beyond repair" which while that would surprise me, is worth checking.

If you cannot sell them, send a page so I can take a look at em.

Thanks!