Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons.

Post by Derrick »

• Spellcasting and Combat Changes:
    • Weapons will no longer automatically unequip when a spell is targeted.
    • If you equip a weapon while casting a spell, before you get a target the spell will be ruined.
    • Weapons and Wand effects no longer take the attackers magery or eval into account at all.
      • It never should have; We've known that some wands were doing way more damage than they should have, this was the cause.
      • The Magic Resist skill of the defender is still taken into account.
  • NPC Vendor changes:
    • Guildmasters no longer will answer to "Vendor", this should prevent them from blocking "vendor buy" and "vendor sell" when they are closer to you than the vendor.
    • The Vendor Sell Menu and the actual sell price are now consistent for unidentified items.
      • Vendors will not pay above the value of the jewelry itself if the items is unknown to the seller.
      • The source of the bug was that they were appraising the item based on it's identified value, but only paying out the unidentified value.
    • Items which lose durability will become fully repaired when sold to a vendor.
    • Normal weapons, armor, jewelry and clothing sold to a vendor will now stack with his existing stock.
    • Vendor Items which are supposed to stock at a quantity less than 20 will now restock properly
    • Jewelers now sell silver jewelry.
    • Alchemists will now buy player crafted potions.
  • Fixes Guild Chat which became broken a couple days ago; Puts speakers name back into guild chat message.
  • Adjusted some Southern Lost Lands spawns, added timber wolves.

Black&Blue

Re: Patch 92 - March 23, 2009 - NPC Merchants, spells & weapons.

Post by Black&Blue »

No more having a spell casted while your equipped even if you cast the spell and wait for the target cursor, then weapon, then actually target.

Just says "You must have both hands free to cast"

I dont remember 98-99 OSI like that. I do remember being able to interrupt yourself with a weapon though.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You need to disarm the weapon before you target the spell, previously the weapons was automatically removed for you.

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

What is the value used to calculate wand damage? Do wands assume a value of 50 magery or something like that?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

good job good patch

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Doesn't Razor have an auto-unequip before casting option anyway?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Razor does have an auto unequip before casting. However, it does not have an auto unequip target casting that was fixed here int his patch today. It is possible to make a razor macro like you could with UOE, but it's just one added macro that you would have had to add to the list like back in '99. I know that I used two unequip macros side by side with UOE. One was the regular unequip and the second was the unequip/last target macro. This patch today has raised the bar for a more increased skill level in PVP.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Nice patch...however this just means one more razor macro that everyone is going to have for targeting....

We REALLY need a custom razor/3rd party

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Hmmm....
AIM : Progn0sis

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hemperor wrote:Nice patch...however this just means one more razor macro that everyone is going to have for targeting....

Why does it really matter? It doesn't matter one way or the other, because you had to make a macro like this back then if you really wanted it.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:
Hemperor wrote:Nice patch...however this just means one more razor macro that everyone is going to have for targeting....

Why does it really matter? It doesn't matter one way or the other, because you had to make a macro like this back then if you really wanted it.
Part of my post got edited out

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

aXe

Post by aXe »

Can someone clear this up for me? I'm going to have to unequip before casting now?
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

I feel as though this patch (pertaining to spell casting) could ultimately hurt the 1v1 pvp of the server encouraging gank squads to be more abundant where they can simply avoid the use of weapons altogether by targeting. I thought it was fine the way it was. I know there was a lot of complaining and hoo-ha about disrupting spells which I think made this change a candidate for concern.
AIM : Progn0sis

Creager

Post by Creager »

PillPuller wrote:I feel as though this patch (pertaining to spell casting) could ultimately hurt the 1v1 pvp of the server encouraging gank squads to be more abundant where they can simply avoid the use of weapons altogether by targeting. I thought it was fine the way it was. I know there was a lot of complaining and hoo-ha about disrupting spells which I think made this change a candidate for concern.
Well, a good 'gank squad' would never avoid weapon hits, they are vital to assuring the kill.

This patch will actually make 1on1 pvp more skillful, since players will now be forced to remove their weapon before releasing the spell. The argument of creating a simple macro is feasible, although a macro as such is only a bandaid; above average pvpers wont need a macro. This patch will create seperation between the skill of new, average, and good pvpers.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

aXe

Post by aXe »

Ahh so if i precast like ebolt, quip hally, then try to target, it won't work? ouch..that's going to take some getting use to. Will this effect the timers? Considering you have to quip again.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)