Patch 93 - April 2, 2008 - Protection spell targetable

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 93 - April 2, 2008 - Protection spell targetable

Post by Derrick »

In addition to a few minor changes this morning there have been other minor changes and tweaks since the last patch described below, none of these really warranted a new patch thread, but most were mentioned in related forum threads when they were added.

Today's changes:
  • Hirelings will properly differentiate between Hire money and Skill Training money
  • Increase to reagent spawns on Verity Isle
  • Protection spell is now targetable.
  • AR bonus amounts (now 1-10, was 1-11) and durations for protection spell use standard buff algorithm
Other changes since last patch:
  • Balron and Terathan Warrior special weapon drop magic level corrected.
  • Vendors will not buy excessively worn Weapons, Armor and Tools
  • Blocks the cooking of Cookable Food that is out of reach
  • Loosens the spam delay on pet commands (was 1.0 secs, now 0.25 secs)
  • You will only self-interrupt on equip when the item you're equipping must be disarmed to cast.
  • Fix to email address validation check which was preventing some email addresses from being used. All valid email addresses should work now.
  • Changes the missing resource message for Cartography to something more reasonable.
  • Change to the behavior of overloading piles:
    • If you have 59500 of an item and drop another 1000 on top of it then you will end up with one pile of 60000 and another one of 500 coins (the remainder will bounce).
  • IRC Client upgraded to prevent a rare shard crash condition which had happened twice in the previous couple weeks

Senses

Re: Patch 93 - April 2, 2008 - Protection spell targetable

Post by Senses »

email validation still does not recognize my email as a valid email address.

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

Just curious.... the change about gold stacks(or whatever) automatically creating a 60k stack and then starting another.... is that era-accurate or just a trivial change that makes things easier? Something that isn't exactly accurate but also isn't something that anyone would miss or that would sway gameplay in any way....
I'm wondering because I thought the change to mpc guildmasters not responding to vendor commands was a similar change...
If I'm wrong, forgive me - my memory isn't the greatest. If I'm right, though, I have another suggestion for you - change the Papua healer's tent somehow. Dunno who set it up like that but they always try to res you inside the door and fail so you always have to run past them to the back of the hut and then towards them again which seems like an unnecessary pain to inflict on everyone looking to come back to life every time.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=30

The discussion is in here, kind of got off topic from bank checks.

Great patch by the way, the staff is the best here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

EVeee wrote:Just curious.... the change about gold stacks(or whatever) automatically creating a 60k stack and then starting another....
This one was done for accuracy, the Guild Masters responding to "vendor" was a problem when people said "Vendor buy" next to them, the speech was simply ignored by all, which wasn't believed accurate and seemed buggy, although we didn't nail down precisely what the behavior should have been. Kinda guessed at the best fix.

The Del healers would be in line with this type of thing, in that if this was a problem on OSI as you describe here, I'm sure they would have done something.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I have a similar issue with NPC verbal commands. Sometimes, standing near moonglow bank, on the outside, if I hit the "Guards, Vendor Buy, Bank" macro the tinker in there will open up the buying window, and my plea for "bank!" will be ignored. Pretty sure there should be a Line of Sight check in there with NPC's before they sell you stuff. The exception, obviously being the banker because on OSI, it was so crowded that they allowed this so people could be outside the bank and still conduct business.

Not set in stone, but this is how I remember it, I never remember a tinker window popping up, and I have banked at moonglow probably 90% of the times I have ever banked in UO.

aXe

Post by aXe »

What exactly happened to the balron and tera warriors magic drop loot? Has it been increased or decreased?

Nice patch Big D.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Yeah I've been killing balrons and terathan warriors, but all I've gotten as far as balron broadswords go is a bunch of crap, also I've only gotten crappy terathan warrior weapons. So whats the change to the spawn?

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Keep up the good work Derrick and Team.

What are these special weapons that you speak of? I must admit I have killed a few thousand warriors ince I started a few weeks ago, and a dozen Balrons, but have junked teh warrior weapons, and put the Balron weapons in a bag to be ID'd later on when I get time to raise that skill.

Are they special in their looks? Or special above and beyond the Vanq threshold?

Odigen

Post by Odigen »

Derrick wrote:
EVeee wrote:The Del healers would be in line with this type of thing, in that if this was a problem on OSI as you describe here, I'm sure they would have done something.
Except it took OSI 3 months to patch.

:mrgreen:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:Yeah I've been killing balrons and terathan warriors, but all I've gotten as far as balron broadswords go is a bunch of crap, also I've only gotten crappy terathan warrior weapons. So whats the change to the spawn?
Here's the source of the fix: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5711

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Some information about gold stacks from live servers as of today:

If you have a pile of gold that is near 60000 and you place more than would be required to make it 60000 (i.e. 59000 gold and you drop 1001 gold on it) the entire stack of gold automatically drops on your next lowest stack, provided that stack can hold all of the gold that you had attempted to drop onto the 60000 gold pile. If no such stack exists, a new stack is created with all of the gold that had been dropped on the pile.

In short, in order to create a pile of 60000 gold, you need to drop the exact amount to create that gold, otherwise it won't actually go to that pile. It will either bounce back to the original pile (if that pile is in your bank), or it will add itself to a lesser pile, or it would create its own pile in your bank if no such pile existed.

My take on this functionality is that it is a little different than it was on OSI servers in era due to a few UOR changes involving bounced back stacked items. I suspect that any gold that was moved from your bag on to a pile would bounce back to your bag if the stack was too great. This is more in-line with how the game handled bounced items at the time.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Return to “Patch Notes”