Patch 95 - April 5-7, 2009: Optimizations, Houses, Ghosts

Information on the latest Server Patches
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 95 - April 5-7, 2009: Optimizations, Houses, Ghosts

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Redbeard72 wrote:
Derrick wrote:That's correct, in era using an axe on a house add-on simply deleted it, there was no getting a deed back. While an accuracy correction, it will also certainly increase the value of these deeds.
I am not sure where you read about that but i think that is wrong. i remember getting a deed back, BUT and i say this aloud BUT, this is great change to increase the price and amount made and resources used to make them. Thank you. GO crafters.
You never got the deed back during T2A, the re-deedable add-ons started at the end of UO:R or the beginning of third dawn or whatever was next. I remember buying tons of add-ons because the larger ones were hard to place correctly.

eniave

Post by eniave »

Redbeard72 wrote:
Derrick wrote:That's correct, in era using an axe on a house add-on simply deleted it, there was no getting a deed back. While an accuracy correction, it will also certainly increase the value of these deeds.
I am not sure where you read about that but i think that is wrong. i remember getting a deed back, BUT and i say this aloud BUT, this is great change to increase the price and amount made and resources used to make them. Thank you. GO crafters.

I remember chopping them and getting nothing. :lol:
LS 1997 - 2003

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Redbeard72 wrote: BUT, this is great change to increase the price and amount made and resources used to make them. Thank you. GO crafters.
If you could finish reading a full post, these other posts are not necessary.No reason arguing Facts.
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Beetle Juice

Post by Beetle Juice »

I have a quick question while were on the topic of 'era accurate' discussion. Were runebooks during the T2A era, or were they implemented during UO:R?
Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle. . .

[03:43] <beetlejuice> Hey, where did u get the idea for the small deco contest?
[03:44] <beetlejuice> Didn't you see my kitchen and copy mine?
[04:28] <Blackfoot> yea i stole your kitchen

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

Beetle Juice wrote:I have a quick question while were on the topic of 'era accurate' discussion. Were runebooks during the T2A era, or were they implemented during UO:R?
Indeed in T2A, although I believe they are technically outside the 'target' date by a bit.

There's a whole heap of discussion on it here.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

parrying became a 2 hr gm skill after the introduction of power hour, if you at some poitn recall gming parrying off of sheep or any other farm yard animal on an osi server it was at the very end of t2a, not during it. During t2a a blade spirit wouldnt give you a parry gain past 45 if that. you needed to get hit Hard and fast to gain parry during t2a. It was a great skill for order/chaos town wars and not many people had a high level of it until the end of t2a.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

Michael Malloy wrote:
Beetle Juice wrote:I have a quick question while were on the topic of 'era accurate' discussion. Were runebooks during the T2A era, or were they implemented during UO:R?
Indeed in T2A, although I believe they are technically outside the 'target' date by a bit.

There's a whole heap of discussion on it here.
The "target date" is in between February '99 and before the first patch in '00. Runebooks were implemented with in this specified target date.

Beetle Juice

Post by Beetle Juice »

The "target date" is in between February '99 and before the first patch in '00. Runebooks were implemented with in this specified target date.[/quote]

Then does that mean that the additions to combat skills like the stun hit for fencing, concussion blow from axes, and crushing blow from macing, were in this time period?
Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle. . .

[03:43] <beetlejuice> Hey, where did u get the idea for the small deco contest?
[03:44] <beetlejuice> Didn't you see my kitchen and copy mine?
[04:28] <Blackfoot> yea i stole your kitchen

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Beetle Juice wrote:The "target date" is in between February '99 and before the first patch in '00. Runebooks were implemented with in this specified target date.
Then does that mean that the additions to combat skills like the stun hit for fencing, concussion blow from axes, and crushing blow from macing, were in this time period?[/quote]

I think we should do these!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Beetle Juice wrote:Then does that mean that the additions to combat skills like the stun hit for fencing, concussion blow from axes, and crushing blow from macing, were in this time period?
Those were not at all in T2A. The stun punch and wres-disarm were the first things of this sort and were added in 2000 just before UO:R

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote:
Beetle Juice wrote:Then does that mean that the additions to combat skills like the stun hit for fencing, concussion blow from axes, and crushing blow from macing, were in this time period?
Those were not at all in T2A. The stun punch and wres-disarm were the first things of this sort and were added in 2000 just before UO:R
Wasnt the Concussion/Paralyse/Crushing blow available, only they were random, there was no selecting when to use it. Stun was the same time I think, but it was different in that you could toggle it on and off, but it still would be random much like the above.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ahh, you're right, it did come in era, but only about 2 weeks before UO:R
Combat Enhancements Mar 27 2000 : http://update.uo.com/design_159.html

No chance of implementing these here though, sorry.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote:Ahh, you're right, it did come in era, but only about 2 weeks before UO:R
Combat Enhancements Mar 27 2000 : http://update.uo.com/design_159.html

No chance of implementing these here though, sorry.
Yup, thats the first of the UO:R type patches. Here is something intresting from it
Maces
The bonus for damaging armor and lowering stamina will now be restricted to the following mace weapons:

* Mace
* War Mace
* War Hammer
* War Axe
* Hammer Pick
* Club
* Maul

Wands, staves, and smith hammers will not damage armor or reduce stamina.
This implies that smithing hammers counted as mace weapons, (and I remember that they did in fact, because we sparred with them), but currently on uosa, a smith hammer does not count towards maces.

Also

Code: Select all

Thievery Changes

* You will be able to steal items from others while in combat. All requirements for stealing (such as being in the thieves guild) will still apply.
    * You will not be removed from the thieves guild if you receive a murder count.
    * Your cannot have any items (weapons, shields, spellbook, etc) in your hands when attempting to steal in combat.
    * A thief will not be able to recall for two minutes after stealing an item. 
Can you steal on UOSA with only 1 hand free? I'm really not sure, but I have yet to see a thief carring a lantern.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote: This implies that smithing hammers counted as mace weapons, (and I remember that they did in fact, because we sparred with them), but currently on uosa, a smith hammer does not count towards maces.
Aye, the problem with the smith hammer being a mace is a currently a limitation associated with it also being a tool. It's something that's fixable, I just haven't gotten to it; it currently acts as wrestling when equipted.
MatronDeWinter wrote: Can you steal on UOSA with only 1 hand free? I'm really not sure, but I have yet to see a thief carring a lantern.
You can.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote: This implies that smithing hammers counted as mace weapons, (and I remember that they did in fact, because we sparred with them), but currently on uosa, a smith hammer does not count towards maces.
Aye, the problem with the smith hammer being a mace is a currently a limitation associated with it also being a tool. It's something that's fixable, I just haven't gotten to it; it currently acts as wrestling when equipted.
MatronDeWinter wrote: Can you steal on UOSA with only 1 hand free? I'm really not sure, but I have yet to see a thief carring a lantern.
You can.
Good to hear about the smithy hammers, I was wondering why I havent found any magic smithy hammers in the field.

That last bit, is good news for Katana-Wielding reg-thieves. :wink: