Patch 99 - April 23, 2009 - Last double digit patch.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Faust

Re: Patch 99 - April 23, 2009 - Last double digit patch.

Post by Faust »

Here is a video of the so called "re-creation" of the double hit bug with a guy using a hally... Bare with the gay RunUO default additions for whatever shard this is hosted on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_2_F9s ... annel_page

The video clearly shows a hally hitting, unequipping very briefly around 1 or 2 seconds, re-equipping for another shot.

The comments that follow are....

h0tsex0r: What UO emulator is this? I have not seen a Double-Hally hit in 10 years!!
raklain: The Double Hally shot..
impressive, I didn't espect to see it on a youtube video

A second article about the double hit bug that was WRITTEN in October 2000 well past the UOR publish...
I agreed not to use magic on him, so (while running around and dodging his gay blade) I tell him that I am sticking to what I agreed to, that I can't use magic on him, but I will on myself. He says something like "u will die anyway" and the fight is on. I put on reactive armor and put my hally on, timing it just right. <CRACK - CRACK> The dipshit almost dies from a carefully planned doublehit, and bolts for town and safety.

Reference: http://www.spleens.net/kalvasflam.htm

The theory behind "insta hit refreshes" and the "double hit bug" could very well be one in the same...

Not one but two sources that CLEARLY shows that the double hit bug existed WELL past your date of 2.26.99 Cortez.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

I'm I getting this correctly? Your trying to use a RunUO shard as evidence for the bug, and some random joe blow comment about not seeing it in 10 years?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Did I say that kid?

platy

Post by platy »

I remember the double hit..
Not the hally refresher (At least I don't think it was the same)
But an actual Double Hit: Two hits; one heard immedietly after the other.. how we had it a while ago here on UOSA.. Might not have been the correct mechanism we had, but I remember my friend doing and teaching me it..

Faust

Post by Faust »

How we had it awhile ago wasn't correct in my opinion... The article clearly states that a *crack* *crack* noise occurs. The way that it was on here was simply one *crack* that resulted in two damages occurring. It is highly plausible that the hally refresh may in fact be the double hit exploit if this video is an actual re-creation of the bug. The point of the video was to put forth someone elses interpretation of the exploit visually, which just seems like yet another coincidence that looks exactly like a hally refresh when cycling the weapon...

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:Here is a video of the so called "re-creation" of the double hit bug with a guy using a hally... Bare with the gay RunUO default additions for whatever shard this is hosted on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_2_F9s ... annel_page

The video clearly shows a hally hitting, unequipping very briefly around 1 or 2 seconds, re-equipping for another shot.

The comments that follow are....

h0tsex0r: What UO emulator is this? I have not seen a Double-Hally hit in 10 years!!
raklain: The Double Hally shot..
impressive, I didn't espect to see it on a youtube video

A second article about the double hit bug that was WRITTEN in October 2000 well past the UOR publish...
I agreed not to use magic on him, so (while running around and dodging his gay blade) I tell him that I am sticking to what I agreed to, that I can't use magic on him, but I will on myself. He says something like "u will die anyway" and the fight is on. I put on reactive armor and put my hally on, timing it just right. <CRACK - CRACK> The dipshit almost dies from a carefully planned doublehit, and bolts for town and safety.

Reference: http://www.spleens.net/kalvasflam.htm

The theory behind "insta hit refreshes" and the "double hit bug" could very well be one in the same...

Not one but two sources that CLEARLY shows that the double hit bug existed WELL past your date of 2.26.99 Cortez.
Faust, I'm having a little trouble here....

A fast hally whack is pretty damn powerful. What you propose is that a 25 dex mage was able to swing a Hally at katana speeds right?

Read the rest of your source because although he suggests a double hally whack (and doens't mention how it was done) he writes somethign that later that would make no sense...
...Well, unfortunately for Falout, I have 100.0 Junglerunning, because I grew up on Bastard Island where the jungle is thicker than shit. I deftly dodge the foliage, throw my katana on, and chase his ass down.
Why would he arm a katana when he it was suppose to be just as fast to arm and swing with a Hally?

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

because double hally hits on that shard you had to use two weapons to do it.

in that case he was using a hally then a katana to refresh faster imo.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Wow...

Try going on test and chasing someone down with hally refreshes and tell me how well you succeed...

You would lose your opponent after the first attempt.

I honestly don't think you will ever be able to collectively retain any of the information surrounding the way it actually worked. Comments such as "YOU CAN HIT THE SAME AS A KATANA", blah, blah, blah, etc... You are failing to realize that you could ALSO hit slower than a heavy xbow that takes around 15 seconds per shot.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Faust wrote:Did I say that kid?
u gotta be kidding me.... seriously?...
platy wrote:I remember the double hit..
Not the hally refresher (At least I don't think it was the same)
But an actual Double Hit: Two hits; one heard immedietly after the other.. how we had it a while ago here on UOSA.. Might not have been the correct mechanism we had, but I remember my friend doing and teaching me it..
correct. /end

Return to “Patch Notes”