Patch 100 - May 8, 2009: Spell recovery, Action delay, more.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 100 - May 8, 2009: Spell recovery, Action delay, more.

Post by Kaivan »

No one person's recollection is considered fact without backing up their information. So far you haven't provided a source from the era that supports your claim to running and swinging from any authoritative source.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

CaptainObv wrote:My only argument is that they are making a huge pvp change based on unclear information.
It should be noted that this mechanic is not part of any recent patch, it was introduced in Patch 62 - Sept 30 2008.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think Captain is simply misinterpreting the UOHOC chat logs with the ability to cool down the timer while moving unlike melee weapons. There is a patch note in early '98 around January with the mention of the movement delay being decreased when being required to plant before shooting. I played from the very first day of '97 and being able to literally shoot while running NEVER existed period. It may have in alpha and possibly beta days, but that is an entirely different story in itself. There are a lot of Rebirth players that believe this was a feature of the pre-t2a era because that shard had it. This was completely inaccurate even for a pre-t2a shard.

The demo is a valid tool for research. I have confirmed numerous patches that were applied before September/August of '98. To think that they would only introduce specific patches and alter specific code such as the archery movement restriction that "supposedly" didn't exist is completely absurd. This means that they hopped in their time machine to venture a couple years into the future to gather the system that existed after UOR to go back and implement it in the demo in '98. Again, that is completely preposterous. The only code that was ever altered in the demo was some of the major content such as housing, boats, etc... This was very minute code alterations that made the keys completely useless too.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

on a side note, i DO remember being able to shoot arrows while running with archery during t2a. the longer you stood still for, the greater your chance of landing a hit was, so it was beneficial to stand as still as possible, but not required.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Archery had insta hit with a damage delay of one second. When you planted to shoot you could walk/run at any moment. However, the arrow would nullify in mid air and would absolutely never hit the target. This is very visible on the demo as well.