Patch 100 - May 8, 2009: Spell recovery, Action delay, more.

Information on the latest Server Patches
platypus

Re: Patch 100 - May 8, 2009: Spell recovery, Action delay, more.

Post by platypus »

Kudos on fixing the magic jewelry/clothing charges! Now I can finally use some of the crap filling up about 10 secure chests (they were pretty much useless when you had to equip/unequip them constantly)

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

never been so happy no one can accuse now means you newbs have no excuses.

on a lighter note i rly need to test these changes :>

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

very disappointed with this patch the removal of the reset of halberd from an ebolt basically undoes a t2a era mechanic that created the tank mage.

why ?

I guess playing the server too much while people flood the message board is my problem.

it took so long to get the swings correct ... why on earth did this have to go live. i thought we were still testing this.

time2a

Post by time2a »

so basically if u want 100 100 25 combo to w ork with hally u basically need to be pumping refresh every time before a hit? cus it seems when i loose half stam it takes like 5-6 seconds atlst to hit..

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Derrick wrote:
We have found significant evidence, and even more today (which I think Faust may post shortly) that the "refreshes" were indeed stamina based. If what was found today pans out in a straight face test, we may be making a slight modification tommorrow to the swing system.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is an error in the current system related to what is mentioned above on going from 25 to 24 stamina, it's bugged. I'm fixing that now.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The proposed changes to wrestling timer, and the fix to wrestling timer on unequip are now up on testcenter
test.uosecondage.com

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

ok so im sorry ahead of time, but 3 shards now have said there t2a accurate and as time has gone on they add more and more patch's and more research cause everyone remembers different rule sets for all the different shards that where osi and some even have never played the real game ! so as someone who has played uo from the time of my receipt that is still taped to my box that came with the pin, cloth map,and thick instruction book. This WAS the most accurate shard i ever played, really brought back the old times, then we hit 400 and then 500 and here comes the bitching and the changes ... and soon will be back to 125 , . i vote for a wipe back to 409 days ago when i started my first account. that rule set was fun !
and another thing Derrick and the staff have been the best staff ,and most professional. which is nice for a free shard. just remember the numbers were there before the change , and people will leave after the change. and the test center doesnt matter cause alot of the numbers dont even log into forum regularly to know about the test center, and the most vocal and aggresive person does not speak for the masses....

Redbeard Begging for no more changes to the mechanics !!!

I understand some things need to be fined tuned for it to work,but lets be real. Secondage means t2a right ?

Love you and will never leave....................
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

there hasnt rly been a drop in numbers. look at the unique client count mate its just less people training.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There has been a drop in numbers over the last two weeks, but we do bounce up and down anyway. We had an extremely broken spell system for the week I was on vacation and the week following, first because I was unable to work on it being out of town, and then the last week trying to get something on that we were pretty confident with, and fully tested, only to find out on patch day that it wasn't quite correct, or functioning as it was perceived on test. This isn't something that doeasn't surprises me and really has become an almost normal part of the development cycle at this point.

I certainly can't blame people for being frustrated and even hopping ship when we have such a screwed up system for two weeks. The goal though of course is to get it right, and I am very thankful that we have so many who are patient with that.

SecondAge does mean T2A.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Derrick wrote:There has been a drop in numbers over the last two weeks....

i bet it is all b/c of finals and we'll see the numbers jump up again over the next month..
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

This patch is just as bad as patch 99 :(

If the hally mage is gonna have this kind of bull crap to deal with, then we might as well all delete our tank mages and start on lame med-dexxers.

WTF is with this stupid spell re-casting delay? Who the hell said we need a delay after successfully casting a spell? I'd like to kick that person in the face.

A tank mage vs tank mage duel now takes ten times longer to complete due to this stupid stamina BS, and I dont know any person who allows T-Refresh pots during a duel.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

black and blue your missing a massive accuracy point and also a play point there recovery after a spell is needed it would be stupid not to have one for so many reasons i wont even mention them recast delays are bypassed by holding your first spell for a certain length of time something that has always been in ultima online.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The recast delays has existed on this server from day one. This has been the case in Ultima Online since late '98 too. The problem is that the delay itself was increased by 0.25s with this patch. The recast delays are simply way too long standing at 1 second each...

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Ok, I should have re-worded my prior post. Who the hell suggested to make the re-casting delay so long? When i was playing OSI, pre UO:R, I never had to wait after casting Explode, to cast an immediate energy bolt.

I suggest the recast delay be set back to the way it was just before the 99th patch. This is just stupid, having to wait so long after casting mini-heal, to cast another one, considering casting GHeal is pretty much always out of the question in a duel.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V