Patch 100 - May 8, 2009: Spell recovery, Action delay, more.

Information on the latest Server Patches
time2a

Re: Patch 100 - May 8, 2009: Spell recovery, Action delay, more.

Post by time2a »

rofl u wont see my cast a minor heal in a duel unless they are buffing me hardcore, i dont rly kno anyone who doesnt used g heal in a duel besides when chad first came to the shard ^^.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Black&Blue wrote:Ok, I should have re-worded my prior post. Who the hell suggested to make the re-casting delay so long? When i was playing OSI, pre UO:R, I never had to wait after casting Explode, to cast an immediate energy bolt.

I suggest the recast delay be set back to the way it was just before the 99th patch. This is just stupid, having to wait so long after casting mini-heal, to cast another one, considering casting GHeal is pretty much always out of the question in a duel.
Kaivan suggested the one second recast delays.

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

I barely EVER cast Gheal during a duel because as soon as the other person sees In Vas Mani, I get debuffed.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

time2a

Post by time2a »

iono about not casting g heal in a duel but it might seem to be that way with the two sec delay after trying to cast a g heal and now that if alrdy buffed u can keep buffing them over and over eliminating the need of a 50% of harm to disrupt. How is one gona g heal thru buff after a bufff now?

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

there isnt a problem with debuffs or the disturb delays you would know that if you practised the system ive had duels last 3 mins and 30 mins the new system is rly nice.

UnknownLord

Post by UnknownLord »

what i find annoying is, A pvp change gets placed in. "we found info', Gets changed a few weeks later "we found out the real info" gets a new patch in "no.. this is the real one" etc etc. Before you know it, we are at patch 100 just over 1 year in. How is this possible if you're following the old guides? :/
-D- Dreadlord XII

Jiggo

Post by Jiggo »

UnknownLord wrote:what i find annoying is, A pvp change gets placed in. "we found info', Gets changed a few weeks later "we found out the real info" gets a new patch in "no.. this is the real one" etc etc. Before you know it, we are at patch 100 just over 1 year in. How is this possible if you're following the old guides? :/
Just as there are no definitive guides for the spell recovery delays for things as recent as UOR and pub16, there are certainly no guides for spell delays during t2a.

Many patch notes are extremely ambiguous. Most patch notes look like this:
"There will now be a slight delay between spells"

And many pvp guides say use heresay and the writers own personal interpretation of how the system works. Many things that were "known facts" at the time among players, are now known to be incorrect, or flawed in their interpretation of "why". Today UO is a game of numbers and calculations, but back then you just knew if you ebolted a guy and armed your hally, you would probably swing at him.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

There are definitive guides and pieces of information for the recast delay at the end of UOR (its 0.5 seconds to be exact), but those values are not necessarily binding on T2A. The delays that are currently in use on UOSA are the ones that were chosen out of a large multitude of testing values that we had gone through. The decision to go with one particular set of values was ultimately an administrative decision and was out of my control (I had also suggested other than a 1.0 second value for the recast delays).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Jiggo

Post by Jiggo »

Kaivan wrote:There are definitive guides and pieces of information for the recast delay at the end of UOR (its 0.5 seconds to be exact), but those values are not necessarily binding on T2A. The delays that are currently in use on UOSA are the ones that were chosen out of a large multitude of testing values that we had gone through. The decision to go with one particular set of values was ultimately an administrative decision and was out of my control (I had also suggested other than a 1.0 second value for the recast delays).
But I thought we were indeed running under the assumption that nothing had changed spell casting wise between t2a and UOR? I think most people would say the cast timers are too long and if there is proof it was .5 during UOR, i think that is a strong argument that it should be .5 here. I think most players would want that as well.

Choppa X

Post by Choppa X »

This current pvp system makes my dexer 100% unbeatable vs a tank mage. Once one gheal gets interrupted, I will get 3 more kat swings in before they can recast gheal and by the time the next one will probably get interrupted as well.

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Good thing dexxers are skillless and suck at pvp. Damn townies.

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

Reila wrote:
Fixes issue with disappearing pets, and allows non-interacted with spawns to decay, which should balance out outdoor area spawns and clean up stuck creatures.
This one is great! Ty.
x2 Awesome fix

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

I believe the recast delays weren't static for every circle. Heal definitely was allowed to chain cast quickly in order to prevent what ChoppaX just talked about.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

Derrick wrote:Magic Reflection, Invis, Reactive, and Protection items will not activate or consume charges if already in effect
The feeling of oldschool has increased +1 :) . I remember not having many magic items with charges but the ones I did have it was really awesome to run around and not worry about burning charges. Hopefully I can get some more reflect jewelry again.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Jiggo wrote:
Kaivan wrote:There are definitive guides and pieces of information for the recast delay at the end of UOR (its 0.5 seconds to be exact), but those values are not necessarily binding on T2A. The delays that are currently in use on UOSA are the ones that were chosen out of a large multitude of testing values that we had gone through. The decision to go with one particular set of values was ultimately an administrative decision and was out of my control (I had also suggested other than a 1.0 second value for the recast delays).
But I thought we were indeed running under the assumption that nothing had changed spell casting wise between t2a and UOR? I think most people would say the cast timers are too long and if there is proof it was .5 during UOR, i think that is a strong argument that it should be .5 here. I think most players would want that as well.

If what Kaivan suggests is true than this should definitely be the case here. The recovery delays never changed from its implementation in late '98 until '03 when the AOS expansion was released. I would like to see these guids and pieces of information that he mentions in his post. However, the situation surrounding this alteration to the recovery delay is simply insane. The delay has never been 1 second long like this until the overall increase to spell delays in AOS. There isn't the slightest bit of evidence to suggest that the delay was ever not the same during the t2a era. This includes patches, articles, and chat logs. This delay that was changed is ruining pvp and should be fixed immediately...