Patch 101 - May 14, 2009: Spell recovery time

Information on the latest Server Patches
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 101 - May 14, 2009: Spell recovery time

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I tried a little of this on my own.

I staged 2 characters in town and gated myself to a shrine to res. I performed 20 steals with the following results.

Steals 1-5 were performed with a runebook, and 3 additional items, to simulate the dagger, spellbook, and misc that nearly everyone has. I took the book sucessfully once, and managed to take it a second time, but guards were called.

Steals 6-10 were performed with a runebook, the above 3 items, 3 pouches, a hally, and a bag with 50 of each reg. I attempted to grab 1 newbie item (spellbook), and was guardwhacked (theoretically) the remainder of the time from stealing the bag of regs, the hally or the runebook and failing big time.

Steals 11-20 were performed with a runebook, the 3 standard items, 1 bag of regs, 2 stealable-weapons (I used a cutlass and war hammer), a pile of 25 fishsteaks, 1 pair of newbied shoes (as most ppl wear sandals until they die), 3 trapped pouches, 4 potions and a pile of 200 gold. This is what I consider "The" average bag of someone I approach (I rarely bank-steal unless Im killing time). I grabbed a potion successfully once, tried to grab the runebook once and was guard-flagged. I took some gold, a trapped pouch, and was guard whacked every single additional time.

The odds are not good here, and given the nature of this patch, I imagine people carring additional junk to lower the odds of runebook theft. I myself am pretty bad about carrying 30-40 stones worth of piles of 2 bandages, all neatly sitting on top of eachother in the top right of my bag when I go out to hunt. Every bandaid is black and when I die they explode in my corpse creating a frustrating pile to search through to find the one tiny little bag that has my loot inside (also black).

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

ok after reading this this is majorly upsetting the runebook aspect You should be able to target a rune book and steal it its bad enough people Lock them down in their houses and keep them bank boxed then you come accross the ocasional person and now u cant get it unless its random? people are just going to load their bag with other crap thats pointless to steal like they do already And like clark Said i adgree with all of it i also play a theif as my main. Also like people said we arent pks We arent going to pk you on our theif mains And loss your abbility to steal from player for your rune book people that said they never see them Thats bs bc i saw like 3 yesterday alone just sitting in peoples backpack. as far people saying oh its only 500gp empty Try stealing a stack of 500gp vs stealing a runebook which provides information on the person and like someone else said the fact that people will not be carrying this hard as hell to steal rune book insted of loss runes Majorly gimped my theif and im considering not playing him anymore and it's my main so Lame! adgree with basicaly every matron n clark has said on this Sorry i didnt use a single peroid bc im raging over runebooks
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Gnar
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

if they had 0 wt. for our era of t2a, then that's how it should be, regardless if it ruins games for thieves or not. just my 2 cents. i have a thief too, now we can focus on other stuff to steal

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I'm sorry.. but if what is on test is live? Then the pvp is off again.

There is no way a naked mage could survive against a dexxer standing toe to toe on OSI... but yet on test... it's back.

Here's the MO for L33t omg pvp..

stand next to dexxer... and cast heal , gheal. The dexxer will miss more than you will be itnerrupted so.. they will never down y ou till you run out of regs.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Well, i don't mean to whine.. :D

The ability to cast, specifically greater heal, is againt too reliable under gm melee barrage. I do not think that his is accurate and would hope it gets looked into.

On '99 OSI, a mage needed to keep distance between themselves and a warrior.. that is not the case here and I believe it has to do with interruptions and recast delays again.

On a macer I ruined a q stave just whacking and whacking at a mage while he was talking to someone else. Like that 100 stamina qstave was just a minor problem and he litterally said he was annoyed. That I know for a fact is not right. That naked mage should have ran for the hills.

Simply put, I think things are off. Please look into this.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

I'm assuming this patch isn't live yet.

I just successfully last target stole a runebook.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

I have also been noticed (and also testing) with my macer vs a mage. I can sit there and attack a mage who will just stand there and wrestle me, however they will be able to cast gh consistently (meaning with very few interrupts) to keep them selfs healed.

I have set it up so my tank mage fights my macer and my tank mage loses all stamina however puts oh his kat attacks my macer and kills my macer, cause of ghs.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Kryptonical wrote:I have also been noticed (and also testing) with my macer vs a mage. I can sit there and attack a mage who will just stand there and wrestle me, however they will be able to cast gh consistently (meaning with very few interrupts) to keep them selfs healed.

I have set it up so my tank mage fights my macer and my tank mage loses all stamina however puts oh his kat attacks my macer and kills my macer, cause of ghs.
Thank you.. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees this.

With GH so reliable it makes killing mages nearly impossible using melee skills alone. In less than 2 seconds, all the hps that took on average 4 swings (2 hits and 2 misses) to remove will just come back for a few regs and little mana.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Kraarug wrote:
Kryptonical wrote:I have also been noticed (and also testing) with my macer vs a mage. I can sit there and attack a mage who will just stand there and wrestle me, however they will be able to cast gh consistently (meaning with very few interrupts) to keep them selfs healed.

Thank you.. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees this.

With GH so reliable it makes killing mages nearly impossible using melee skills alone. In less than 2 seconds, all the hps that took on average 4 swings (2 hits and 2 misses) to remove will just come back for a few regs and little mana.
Agree, no mage should be toe to toe with a dexer...

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

A dexer owns a mage right now.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

son wrote:A dexer owns a mage right now.
On test? I think not.