Patch 102 - May 21-23, 2009 : Little stuff

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 102 - May 21-23, 2009 : Little stuff

Post by Derrick »

• Problem with unexpected downtime after shard restart should be fixed.
  • Store bought Axes were spawning with no durability and were unusable for lumberjacking, fixed.
  • Reagents and Mana are no longer consumed on mistarget of recall or gate travel Spells. (info)
  • Stats will no longer atrophy without a corresponding stat gain. (info)
  • In addition to all "animals", any tamable creature may now be herded. (info)
  • Dyetubs must be in Line Of Sight to be used.
  • No Skill Title display for thieves guild members (info)
  • Adjustment to various karma award values, especially stealing
  • Alchemy "Continues grinding..." messages will no longer be displayed to bystanders. (info)
Late additions:
  • Potion bottles now go to Backpack instead of ground when consumed.
  • There is no longer an inability to consume a potion when you not in need of or under the effect of that potion type.
  • Implements Incognito->Polymorph hue change bug. (as discussed below)
  • Karma loss for all steals from innocents, not just when eligible for perma flag
  • Not as much karma loss from Stealing and Snooping
  • House Addons will no longer re-deed on destruction
  • Invulnerable Bankers now Bard Immune
  • Implements the proposed capacity to add special notoriety properties to guild areas such as is proposed for the Bloodrock Orc fort. (Proposal here)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 102 - May 21, 2009 : Little stuff

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Great, great, great, great!

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

when can we hope to see the in cog nito polymorph accuracy brought about? (being able to in cog nito a female then polymorph to maintain that sex/ same thing for skin color). hehe, this was one of my fav things to play around with. I dunno if this would require a lot to change?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't ever remember that bug retaining the sex. However, the skin color and hair color would be retained with that bug. The old npc hair dyes used to disappear over time. By using this bug it would retain the dye that you used without it ever disappearing. The same thing could be done for the skin color. I think the sex change should be confirmed on the demo before including it. I honestly don't remember the sex being retained like that for this bug. It may very well have retained the sex too.
Last edited by Faust on Thu May 21, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Freeza wrote:when can we hope to see the in cog nito polymorph accuracy brought about? (being able to in cog nito a female then polymorph to maintain that sex/ same thing for skin color). hehe, this was one of my fav things to play around with. I dunno if this would require a lot to change?
I tend to work first on little things that I'm sure I have time to finish them in one sitting. That's the only thing that prioritized these items above the other pending fixes. The polymorph thing will be gotten to, it's just a little more involved.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Derrick wrote:
Freeza wrote:when can we hope to see the in cog nito polymorph accuracy brought about? (being able to in cog nito a female then polymorph to maintain that sex/ same thing for skin color). hehe, this was one of my fav things to play around with. I dunno if this would require a lot to change?
I tend to work first on little things that I'm sure I have time to finish them in one sitting. That's the only thing that prioritized these items above the other pending fixes. The polymorph thing will be gotten to, it's just a little more involved.
My fault, din realize it was a larger issue heh, I am unfamiliar with code, figured you just flip and switch and blam good to go =). Thanks for keeping the shard great!
Faust wrote:I don't ever remember that bug retaining the sex. However, the skin color and hair color would be retained with that bug. The old npc hair dyes used to disappear over time. By using this bug it would retain the dye that you used without it ever disappearing. The same thing could be done for the skin color. I think the sex change should be confirmed on the demo before including it. I honestly don't remember the sex being retained like that for this bug. It may very well have retained the sex too.

My memory is hazy at best. I am not 100% sure of the sex, but definitely the other things .I could of sworn it did sex as well, not sure =\.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

YAY its Wise's Birthday Patch!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Happy birthday moustache man!

Anyway, the polymorph bug did not retain haircolor from the spell-change, It retained the hair color from a dye that you used. Hair dyes did wear off, but if you used one, then poly/incog it would change your temporary color into your permanent color. Same with the skin tone, temporary being your incognito-color in that case. I think the reasoning for this was that in order to be able to have a temporary hair color (so dyes wear off), each character must have an interger for that color, aside from their primary, so the server knows what color to revert back to, and in the case of you getting 2 temporarys. The server would set your first temporary as your primary and the third color as your temporary. Thus when you reverted back, you had a new color. This is rather pointless now considering dyes are permanent, hair should not be affected.

For the skin, the same applies. you incognito, get a new skin color set into your temporary slot for skin color, you polymorph (which makes your skin white regardless of what you polymorph into), and now you have 2 temporary colors. So what is the server to do? Stick temp1 into the permanent slot and move temp2 into temp1's place. So when the effect(s) wore off, you were now left with the color (temp1) that you achieved during incognito.

I would very much like this bug implimented as recently through a client-crash and use of a disguise kit, one of my characters skin has bugged out and turned into a pale white color, and I would very much like it changed back. I dont know what happened, I used a disguise kit, I traded something to another character and crashed. Now I'm stuck with pale skin. But feel free to try some variant of the above and mabye you can bug yourself out too.

Cheers

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Matron its not a bug, go out in the sunlight =)

~bina
[broken image]

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

I'm very glad to hear about both the recall/gate fix (this was one of my biggest pet peeves!), as well as the herding fix.

Keep up the solid work, Derrick.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

i dont understand the last point about alchemy...
it is, in my opinion, how i remember it... you could see people grinding reagents in their mortar and read this upon their head...
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Bigoud wrote:i dont understand the last point about alchemy...
it is, in my opinion, how i remember it... you could see people grinding reagents in their mortar and read this upon their head...
If you check the info link next to that item, it references a forum post that references an in era patch note that changed that on Nov 10 1998. 1998 OSI Patch notes are here: http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes
Search for "grinding"

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i remember on osi when that got patchd, was one of the greatest days ever :D
go into a mage shop and 4 guys macroing alchemy... on my comp that was as good as frreze/crash
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Addendum:
  • Potion bottles now go to Backpack instead of ground when consumed.
  • There is no longer an inability to consume a potion when you not in need of or under the effect of that potion type.
  • Implements Incognito->Polymorph hue change bug. (as discussed above)
  • Karma loss for all steals from innocents, not just when eligible for perma flag
  • Not as much karma loss from Stealing and Snooping
  • House Addons will no longer re-deed on destruction
  • Invulnerable Bankers now Bard Immune
  • Implements the proposed capacity to add special notoriety properties to guild areas such as is proposed for the Bloodrock Orc fort. (Proposal here)

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 102 - May 21-23, 2009 : Little stuff

Post by Daolin »

Does this mean the URKs will have their special design? I hope so!