Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections

Information on the latest Server Patches
Furync

Re: Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections

Post by Furync »

Will real estate brokers purchase house deeds at full price? Will we see the correct message?

Thanks
Great patch.
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, you'll see the correct amount. You can say appraise to them to see the value of the deed. To sell it just drop it on them.

Vendors will deposit gold to your bank account in the same manner that they used to deposit checks for you.
There is a chance, as there has always been that gold can fall to the ground when selling to vendors, however this will never happen with large amounts such as real estate transactions.

Many people have paged this morning on how to get rid of a trash barrel. Like other house add-ons they can be destroyed by chopping them with an axe or pole-arm.

There is currently a mechanical error prohibiting you from using an axe on the ground or in a container to "chop" things. This will be fixed tomorrow morning. You will still need to equip the axe to lumberjack.

IdleBlade

Post by IdleBlade »

Derrick wrote:
RoadKill wrote:I can't remember when, but at some point on OSI banks had weight limits. Is that within the lines of T2A? (I figured I'd ask since you note mentioned both item count and weight)
There are a couple remaining discrepancies with banks, this might be considered one of them. The weight limit on banks was removed on Nov 23 1999. But also gold in sub containers is not supposed to have weight either, and it currently does. I hope to exclude the weight and item count of gold from sub containers as well in a future patch. At that time the issue of bank weight limits could be discussed.

The removal of weight limits in banks was in this patch:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 11/23/1999
So for this server, do banks have weight limits? If so, what is the limit?

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

Why wasn't white wyrm speed changed? this is really rediculous :( I figured this should be preatty high on the priority list.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I'm wondering how this is gonna play out for the thief and bard: No more stealing deeds, no more chop-box townkills. A sad day. But on the bright side, no trash barrels means fewer secure homes. At this point, whether good or bad for thieves and bards, I have converted to complete era accuracy--good work..

aXe

Post by aXe »

Zigo-U- wrote:Why wasn't white wyrm speed changed? this is really rediculous :( I figured this should be preatty high on the priority list.
agreed.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Zigo-U- wrote:Why wasn't white wyrm speed changed? this is really rediculous :( I figured this should be preatty high on the priority list.
I guess its accurate?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Freeza wrote:
I guess its accurate?
Staff acknowledges that it isn't, give it time.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

I def think the wyrm speed only serves to discredit this servers legitimacy. Now please don't "miss"understand me here.

The way the wyrm speed is now, is so obviously non accurate to t2a or any era of uo, and if you ever played hybrid durring the admin cheating rampage, its very reminicent of that period of time, on that server. I am absolutley not saying that Derrik or any of the staff are comparable to the scum collective of GMs that ran Hybrid during this period, nor would I accuse them of cheating on a server they clearly love, but it does look that way at first glance, thats all i'm saying.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We know based on era essays and patch notes that pets move faster when being told to follow, the white wyrm is kind of an anomaly because it's so damn fast to begin with. I assure you that we didn't pull these speeds out of our collective butts though, there's miles and miles of threads in these forums related to this topic, both before and after some major taming changes were made.

We're currently pending (part of it is in) a major overhaul to all creatures stats, skills, speeds and loots. Not saying that everything is going to change dramatically, but we prefer to address issues as a whole, comprehensively rather than attacking one particular grief, unless it's completely game breaking.

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

HardActToFollow wrote:so when a vendor gives you gold, are they just going to be piles now in the bank? Same for when you sell a house deed?
nope, i did this today selling a bunch of gems and i got gold, checks are really awesome, this was the first shard i've played on with them and i thought it was great, i've never played OSI or whatever but you got my vote for bringing back checks

Ryemus

Post by Ryemus »

Derrick wrote: but we prefer to address issues as a whole, comprehensively rather than attacking one particular grief, unless it's completely game breaking.

Have you ever had to fight someone with 5 WWs? It really is completely game breaking.
Ryemus -U-

Zigo-U-

Post by Zigo-U- »

Were still able to slay ACE but only while running away at top speeds. If we para field they gate in a blue and count us for it. "IT REALLY IS GAME BREAKING", when that tamer can chase you at full speed with his dragons following him faster then he can run, and then as soon as he sicks them on you. The only reasonable course of action is to run as fast as you can as far as you can while chugging heal pots, until he calls the wyrm back. Please consider even a temp fix, while you guys rehaul the whole system.
Derrick wrote:We know based on era essays and patch notes that pets move faster when being told to follow, the white wyrm is kind of an anomaly because it's so damn fast to begin with. I assure you that we didn't pull these speeds out of our collective butts though, there's miles and miles of threads in these forums related to this topic, both before and after some major taming changes were made.

We're currently pending (part of it is in) a major overhaul to all creatures stats, skills, speeds and loots. Not saying that everything is going to change dramatically, but we prefer to address issues as a whole, comprehensively rather than attacking one particular grief, unless it's completely game breaking.

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Just run around the corner of a house and lose your line of sight. Once the wyrm has stopped moving so fast - turn around and gate it out. Works 100% of the time, with no need to take meaningless counts.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Small additions to this patch were made this morning:
  • Axes and Pole Arms do not need to be equipped to get target or to chop furniture, only to actually lumberjack
  • Due the the number of exploits discovered for boat break-in's, we've extended the minimum proximity between boats back to the original distance.
  • The distance from "his shop" in which a vendor may accessed has been extended somewhat.