Patch 106- June 30 2009: Crash Persistence for House Refresh

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 106- June 30 2009: Crash Persistence for House Refresh

Post by Derrick »

House refreshes, Account creations, and Character creations will no longer be "lost" in the event of a shard crash or reboot. This also means that any accounts or characters that are created during the daily server maintenance and revert period between 7am and 7:15 am ET will exist after shard restart.

This was inspired by the comment of a player who lost a house after refreshing it prior to a shard crash and then going away for a week, only to find an empty house lot on his return. The inspiring comment as I remember it was 'WTF is this BS', a comment with which I was in complete agreement with; but sadly was powerless to remedy.

This should almost* guarantee that houses will no longer be lost in this manner. Boats are not yet part of this system but will be added to it in a mini-patch within the next couple days.

The persistence of new Accounts and Characters though the maintenance period should be less baffling and frustrating to new players who happen to make their first accounts during these times.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 106- June 30 2009: Crash Persistence for House Refresh

Post by Daolin »

Annnnnnd.. Make sure you have someone friended to all of your houses that can refresh them for you. It is a multiplayer game, so people are out there! Boats are a little different since someone would have to have a copy of the key, but i doubt anybody is weeping over boat loss.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Daolin wrote:Annnnnnd.. Make sure you have someone friended to all of your houses that can refresh them for you. It is a multiplayer game, so people are out there! Boats are a little different since someone would have to have a copy of the key, but i doubt anybody is weeping over boat loss.
my freaking boat sank with 900000 bottles of neon hair and beard dye. SOB!
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Daolin wrote:Annnnnnd.. Make sure you have someone friended to all of your houses that can refresh them for you. It is a multiplayer game, so people are out there! Boats are a little different since someone would have to have a copy of the key, but i doubt anybody is weeping over boat loss.
Unless you are me who went away for a long time only to find that the 'friended people' removed the grandfatherness of my house decay on me but failed to refresh it weekly ;-) Curse all house friends, curse them all, lol
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Lol. Derrick, was the 'WTF is this BS" player me? Happened to my Yew house back a couple of months.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

PS This update rocks.

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Does this also effect deleting characters during server war?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Eulogy wrote:Does this also effect deleting characters during server war?
No it doesn't affect deleting.so if you delete a char, and then create another one, it will fail to create the new character from the log on shard restart if your char slots are all taken, which should be no problem.

This feature is really targeted at people who make new accounts and characters, and then would otherwise have to do it again due to server wars or a shard crash (/me crosses fingers against).

Sorry by the way about the crash this morning, it was my code and I overlooked something related to a change in the guards code. It's been fixed and we restarted this morning shortly after the crash to apply that fix.

The change applied this morning, which I didn't get a chance to mention is that guards will now reveal criminals when called by using their detect hidden skill. On a gm hider they do have a hard time doing this, so it should provide for some additional entertainment in town.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Derrick wrote:
Eulogy wrote:Does this also effect deleting characters during server war?
No it doesn't affect deleting.so if you delete a char, and then create another one, it will fail to create the new character from the log on shard restart if your char slots are all taken, which should be no problem.

This feature is really targeted at people who make new accounts and characters, and then would otherwise have to do it again due to server wars or a shard crash (/me crosses fingers against).

Sorry by the way about the crash this morning, it was my code and I overlooked something related to a change in the guards code. It's been fixed and we restarted this morning shortly after the crash to apply that fix.

The change applied this morning, which I didn't get a chance to mention is that guards will now reveal criminals when called by using their detect hidden skill. On a gm hider they do have a hard time doing this, so it should provide for some additional entertainment in town.
Nice!

Return to “Patch Notes”