Patch 34 - May 28, 2008

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 34 - May 28, 2008

Post by Derrick »

Changes Effective Tomorrow:
  • Higher dexterity will reduce the penalty for slipping when bandage healing.
Changes Effective Today:
  • Herbalist restock time lowered to 30 mins
  • Pets will now leave the stable with full loyalty and fully fed when using claim list.
  • New IRC commands. Type !help in IRC for a list.
  • New higher level quest at Dungeon Despise entrance.

alatar

Re: Patch 34 - May 28, 2008

Post by alatar »

That new quest is pretty cool I like it. You should make more of those type of quests, time permitting. However I do think there should be a higher difficulty level quest, like a 5-6 maybe, one that you can't use barding on.

alatar

Post by alatar »

How do you reset the Ogre Lord Quest..? the guards stay on the island and keep slaying ogres, lol

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

alatar wrote:How do you reset the Ogre Lord Quest..? the guards stay on the island and keep slaying ogres, lol
That's the first I'd heard of the guards surviving. They do eventually despawn.
alatar wrote:That new quest is pretty cool I like it. You should make more of those type of quests, time permitting. However I do think there should be a higher difficulty level quest, like a 5-6 maybe, one that you can't use barding on.
Aye. Thanks. We're going to try and do a lot mor of these and some bigger ones for sure. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Sweet! Another quest. Wicked Derrick, Looking forward to checking it out when I get home tonight.

I've occasionally noticed the town crier in Britain saying there's something weird going on north of town. Is this a quest too?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

LargePiece wrote:I've occasionally noticed the town crier in Britain saying there's something weird going on north of town. Is this a quest too?
It is. But it's not the town crier, it's a quy near him. To trigger the quest you'll have to talk with and inqure of the NPC's. You recieve a note in your pack when you've been given the quest.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Could you list the keywords for the NPC's..? Some of them are hard to trigger.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you question them, like "what", "where", "how", or offer "help" or answer their yes and no questions appropriately they should run pretty smooth. I see a lot of people walking around them just saying "quest", or saying nothing at all.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Hehe! It's like playing the old Sierra games. I remember getting stuck in one of the Police Quests because I couldn't figure out how to give the drunk guy a breath test. "Give drunk test" and "give test" didn't seem to work. I can't remember the exact line that triggered it in the end. I do remember the feeling of joy when my brother and I figured it out though.

Hmmm, perhaps I need to get out more...

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

The ogre quest was freaking great!!! +100! Thanks! Keep em coming!

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry »

Gotta bump this. Love the ogre quest at despise. I did this quest two times, once with a friend and once alone. On my run i got a +25 Longsword of force and a +15 Bow of might, along with two wands (Greater healing 4 and 2 charges i might add). Couple of magic clothing. My friend however got +15 Bardiche of power, and a short spear of vanq.

As long as the rewards dont become to grand, this is a great idea. Keep them coming derrick. Let me know in game if you need any help with development, or testing.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Lol, less healing slippages. That's going to piss off all the self-righteous pure-mage pvpers.
Muahaha! Feel my poisoned kryss!

Return to “Patch Notes”