Patch 108 - July, 20, 2009

Information on the latest Server Patches
dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 108 - July, 20, 2009

Post by dog1706 »

Just clarification on fishing cause im half retarded and a gm fisher. So instead of mibs coming offof deep sea serps. Im just gonna randomly pull them out the water? Same with maps? So serps are now nothing more than an annoyance now?

And kudos to the whole kat/kryss debate. My fencer appreciates everyones hard work on that :)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I am trying to stay as positive as i can but this is the only game i know that patches backwards lol.

I agree with the last guy that it's one thing to stay era accurate with game play but we should really consider drawing a line between era accurate and masochism.

Being that i started this server as a tamer....i really don't wanna keep on about the nerfing i get 2 weeks after starting just as i finish.

Seems like the only way i'm going to defend myself against a pk is to drop taming and be a halbard mage .... and really they got rid of the hally mage after everyone became one in the old game.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Psycho

Post by Psycho »

It looks like an ongoing thing with 108 patches to date. I relish the era accuracy.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Robot wrote:I agree with the last guy that it's one thing to stay era accurate with game play but we should really consider drawing a line between era accurate and masochism.
I have an immense amount of sympathy for this point of view.
I really do belive that this patch is one of the last that are really seriously "masochistic" though.

The couple more major issues that may be viewed this way are the changed to O/C, which we are going to try to put in all at once. Primarily this will be the restriction of Murderers from O/C guilds, and the green hue between all O/C guilds of the same alignment.

The changes to updates on items in houses will be applied to boats in a future patch.

Sorry about the crashes today; patch day can be painful and this patch was huge. There are a couple minor issues that will be fixed in the morning which will be posted in this thread as an addendum.

Thanks much for the support and other reluctant acceptance of some of the issues in this patch.

Blackup

Post by Blackup »

I wish I would have paid attention and cut a ton of bandages for my dexxer before this patch :D

Odin

Post by Odin »

The Bandages thing is no big deal really, you just need to make a simple macro and wait a little longer. It also does affect gameplay slightly and the sound of people cutting bandages at tailors adds to the era accurate feel.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Additions this morning:
  • Snow and Ice Elementals radiate cold damage.
  • Death Robes and Newbie items are not Scissorable
  • Fish and Hides can now be cut in stacks again
  • Ophidians speak.
  • Pen and Ink added to scribe vendor.
  • Real Estate Broker now sells Scrolls, and Pen and Ink (scribe stuff)
  • Additional Spawn increases in the Lost Lands.
  • A bug allowing players to move when casting from a scroll has been fixed.
  • Crash Fix for tournament system. Thanks a ton to everyone on Test Center last night who helped verify this fix.
  • House content update blocking disabled until the issue of seeing items on steps is resolved.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I have to say that the Kryss/Katana change shows that research really pays off. It took many approaches to measure the problem and come up with a satisfactory solution. It just goes to show that this shard and it's admin isn't just about doing things based on whim and the reason, I think, this shard is going to last for years.

Great work all around.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Derrick wrote:
  • Pen and Ink added to scribe vendor.
does this change how inscription is preformed?
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

does this change how inscription is preformed?
I don't think so Wise.
I've been scribing scrolls non-stop right before the patch went in and the same macro is still doing its job without requiring changes.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

right on thats what I like it hear, I dident play yesterday becasue of all the crashing, but I was worried I Would have to modify my 64 razor scrips :lol:
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

i remember fishing up mibs/maps with no serpants in the early days of t2a but i thought it was changed well before uor. anyone have a date that this patch took place?

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

Derrick wrote:The couple more major issues that may be viewed this way are the changed to O/C, which we are going to try to put in all at once. Primarily this will be the restriction of Murderers from O/C guilds, and the green hue between all O/C guilds of the same alignment.
Is there a discusion about this one that could be linked? Paying close attention to the dates on this one will be important. I remember being green to other O/C people for a very short period of time due to the PKing of 'same team' players. There's no doubt that order were green to order, same as chaos to chaos. But again, it wasn't for very long. Anyway, if it's being discussed, with patch notes, etc, I'd appreciate a link to the discussion.

Thank you!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Alex the Artist wrote:Is there a discusion about this one that could be linked?
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3823

Karne BloodFist
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karne BloodFist »

patches patches patches... unlike the UO of old, these patches are bringing thi shard closer to the era accurate "playable" game without the - I wonder what this will do thoughts. I played UO since the end of the beta days and remember ALOT of headaches, hearteaches and even some goodbyes. the bete testers had a blowout of what should and shouldn't be done and some code was even stolen and probably sold. In any event, there are literally hundreds of shards out there. most of us have played one or several before stumbling onto this gem. The game masters here are polite, knowledgeable, and maintain this on their own time. Did you hear that, they work for FREE. The shard is FREE, and we don't get badgered about anything but playing fair and help out by offering suggestions to play on THEIR shard for FREE. with that said, sure there are some inaccuracies, But, like its posted many times, find the patch, copy the url and offer a suggestion about a change.

Theres alot about things I don't like and time has blurred some of the things I thought i remembered. When it comes down to it, find the patch, post, or update. if you can't find it, don't just complain. Be proactive. I for one don't wan't to lose this home. I don't post alot but I am tired of belly achers and whiners. In 2 weeks, your house will decay and I can place another tower there. I'm happy, you can leave and you'll obviously will be happy. the end.

Thanks do the DEV/GM team and all you do for us. Most of us appreciate the things you do.... for us. :)
Catskills : '97 - 2001
GreatLakes : 97' - 2001
Cyclone : Guardians of Honor