Patch 108 - July, 20, 2009

Information on the latest Server Patches
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 108 - July, 20, 2009

Post by GuardianKnight »

Are Winged creatures even moving at .25 in their fly mode? Flying makes them slower.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Just when this server was starting to grow, again, retarded patches. Cut cloth one at a time? That is not era accurate, there is no way in hell. Blue health bars while poisoned is NOT era accurate, curing DP in one cure spell? So Poisoning as a skill is useless? Prepare for the downfall of UOSA if these things are not fixed.

If this server is going to be so dang "Era Accurate" then, shouldn't we only be able to have 1 HOUSE PER ACCOUNT, 1 ACCOUNT PER IP, and NO AFK Macroing? Skill gains were MUCH MUCH slower on OSI in ANY era, as well.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sorry, you are wrong.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

curing poison via Magic or Baids depends on Mage Level or Healing Level verses Poisoning Level!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Black&Blue wrote:Just when this server was starting to grow, again, retarded patches. Cut cloth one at a time? That is not era accurate, there is no way in hell. Blue health bars while poisoned is NOT era accurate, curing DP in one cure spell? So Poisoning as a skill is useless? Prepare for the downfall of UOSA if these things are not fixed.

If this server is going to be so dang "Era Accurate" then, shouldn't we only be able to have 1 HOUSE PER ACCOUNT, 1 ACCOUNT PER IP, and NO AFK Macroing? Skill gains were MUCH MUCH slower on OSI in ANY era, as well.
Aww crap, the shard is going to crumble? I was just starting to like it.

OK man, you quit first and never play again and never check the forumns again, and I'll be right behind you.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Can I Have your Stuff?

*snickers*

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Faust

Post by Faust »

There will always be someone like B&B being pissed off about an era accurate change without reading the information provided INSIDE the attached patch note link that clearly shows the discussion of the topic. For example, inside the link provided for cutting one bandage at a time clearly shows the patch note that changed this function way after the t2a era. However, this little guy doesn't even bother to read the information because he's upset and too lazy. That feature was one of the game mechanics that is utterly indisputable... People simply amaze me at times though.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Black&Blue wrote:Cut cloth one at a time? That is not era accurate, there is no way in hell. Blue health bars while poisoned is NOT era accurate
These items are all undisputed as to their accuracy. I went to a lot of trouble to provide links to the threads that discuss these issues.
Black&Blue wrote: If this server is going to be so dang "Era Accurate" then, shouldn't we only be able to have 1 HOUSE PER ACCOUNT, 1 ACCOUNT PER IP, and NO AFK Macroing? Skill gains were MUCH MUCH slower on OSI in ANY era, as well.
It was one house per character until UO:R.
One account per IP would not be accurate to OSI, and would also be incredibly unproductive, as many of our players are not the only UOSA player in the household.

There are some active threads on all the issues above. Not much goes on this shard without copious discussion. I appreciate your passion for the shard and encourage you to participate in the related accuracy threads. Many of these issues have been under discussion for months.

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

Black&Blue wrote:Just when this server was starting to grow, again, retarded patches. Cut cloth one at a time? That is not era accurate, there is no way in hell. Blue health bars while poisoned is NOT era accurate, curing DP in one cure spell? So Poisoning as a skill is useless? Prepare for the downfall of UOSA if these things are not fixed.

B&B just make a macro that cuts the cloth. loop it the go to the bath room come back and there you go.. no swaet man. Its not a life altertring update. :]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

This has all been proven accurate without a doubt...

Derrick is nice enough to let the discussions of these changes usually drag on for weeks before he implements them...and even before doing that he puts it on a public test server for people to adjust and discuss once more.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

charisma red

Post by charisma red »

i do wonder if the "one item per cut" changes will have a tangible effect on server load as it now takes 1000 actions to cut 1000 bandages instead of just one.

it might not be enough to be noticeable on its own, but i'm curious about the impacts at peak load.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

charisma red wrote:i do wonder if the "one item per cut" changes will have a tangible effect on server load as it now takes 1000 actions to cut 1000 bandages instead of just one.

it might not be enough to be noticeable on its own, but i'm curious about the impacts at peak load.
I am sure that the effects of items not loading in houses until you have stepped on them have a far greater effect in decreasing the load, so it works out.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kaddbar

Post by Kaddbar »

Man, Derrick is so patient with people. I'd have just banned the guy for being stupid. Why would you argue era accuracy when era accuracy is proven in the very thread you post at? You're a good man, Charlie Brown (Derrick).

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I don't know, I'm still not 100% convinced about the easy of magic curing DP. It just doesn't jive with the stratics page that specialized in potions and poison. But, I haven't found much more evidence to the contary. Doesn't mean I haven't stopped looking.

DellyJonut

Post by DellyJonut »

I understand the desire to make this era accurate (because 2nd Age was the best time in UO), but some of the patches that came after WERE improvements on the game. I am not in the frame of mind that EVERYTHING post 2nd Age was crap (just most of it, lol). But, I am not complaining. This is by far the best server I have played on, and it would not be right to call it UoSecondAge, if it were not completely era accurate. Yes, cutting the bandages one at a time is an annoyance (even with a macro), but its a small price to pay for such a great server.