Patch 110 - June 30, 2009: Poison damages, Claim by Name

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 110 - June 30, 2009: Poison damages, Claim by Name

Post by Derrick »

• The following changes had not previously been officially mentioned in the patch threads, but went on over the last few days:
    • Giant Toads are Aggressive.
    • Reversion of the change to viewing others poison status in the health bar from Patch 108.
      • It was found to be a mid-T2A era addition.
    • Stable masters now support "claim <name>"
    • Stable masters will wish you a good night in the evening.
    Changes effective this morning:
    • More varieties of fur will be found, and on additional creatures. (thread)
    • A message is now displayed when player is poisoned by toxic tiles in the dungeon
    • Correction to Invisibility and Poison spell sounds
    • Poisoning skill only plays sound on success
    • Added polish characters to ASCII converter
    • Poison Changes:
      • The poison was recalculating too often.
      • There will not be a minimum damage
      • The duration of the poison, or total number of ticks, is random and based on the level of the poison.
      • The damage percentage for regular poison was slightly lower than it should have been, corrected.
      • You should will only receive an overhead message when the damage is recalculated.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 110 - June 30, 2009: Poision damages, Claim by Name

Post by Daolin »

Thats a rather feminine signature yuh have there, Derrick :P

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Daolin wrote:Thats a rather feminine signature yuh have there, Derrick :P
It's just a close up on the detail of my awesome robe. I assure ya, it's all man under these threads.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:
It's just a close up on the detail of my awesome robe. I assure ya, it's all man under these threads.
Robe? I thought it was a dress all this time...

As for the changes. I am curious whether the poisoning changes make deadly poison better, worse, or about the same?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Ronk wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Robe? I thought it was a dress all this time...

As for the changes. I am curious whether the poisoning changes make deadly poison better, worse, or about the same?
My guess is a little better. Poison takes a percentage of your HP each time it damages you. I think we had it here such that it took this fixed % off of your CURRENT life total each time. But, now I think it does that 50% of the time, and the other 50% it takes the % off of your PREVIOUS life total before the most recent poison damage.

So if you were at 100 life and it was taking 10%, it would have taken 10 HP, then you'd be at 90 so it would take 9 HP, then you'd be at 81 and it would take 8 HP, etc. Now it takes 10 HP and there's a 50/50 chance of it taking 10 HP again. Assuming it did, you'd be at 80, and it would have a 50/50 chance of taking 10% of the current (8 HP now) or 10% of the last used HP total (100).

Sorry if this is royally confusing.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:As for the changes. I am curious whether the poisoning changes make deadly poison better, worse, or about the same?
These changes do not appear to be substantial to me for the most part, however short of breaking out Excel and graphing graphing probability scenarios it seems to me that the higher level poisons are going to have a greater chance of killing when someone doesn't cure, and lesser poisons are not going to be very likely to kill someone outright. The increased duration does not have much of an effect of this, but the reduction in the chance that poison will be recalculated is potentially pretty lethal, although now not guaranteed to kill on it's own.

For example. Lethal Poison does 26 damage to a player with 100 health. It might do 26, 18, 18, 9, 7, 7, 7, 3, 3
In that scenario, the player is not dead, and he is regaining HP naturally at about the same rate as the poison.

If it recalculated differently, and this is random... 26, 26, 26, 26 = Dead in 20 seconds.
The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Your Sig. Banner Reminds me of The Felt Wall paper at the movie theater. i love it.
Derrick wrote:

ClowN

Re: Patch 110 - June 30, 2009: Poison damages, Claim by Name

Post by ClowN »

so does poison damage tick every 5 seconds now as it was discuessed in the poison thread? if not what is the time between ticks for poison damage

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Derrick wrote:For example. Lethal Poison does 26 damage to a player with 100 health. It might do 26, 18, 18, 9, 7, 7, 7, 3, 3
In that scenario, the player is not dead, and he is regaining HP naturally at about the same rate as the poison.
Tested it several times today (number listed is your HP, from 100 till death.)

Test 1: 100, 87, 74, 62, 49, 37, 24, 12, dead. (45 secs total.)

Test 2: 100, 87, 74, 65, 55, 46, 40, 35, 30, 26, 23, 19, 17, 14, 12, 9, 7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1, 0-1, 0, dead. (2 min, 25 secs total.)

Test 3: 100, 87, 74, 62, 54, 47, 39, 35, 30, 27, 23, 19, 16, 12, 11, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2, 0, dead. (1 min, 55 secs total.)

Test 4: 100, 87, 74, 65, 55, 46, 36, 32, 27, 23, 18, 13, 9, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 0, 0, dead. (1 min, 55 secs total.)

I always remember dying so much faster from DP, these tests make deadly poison not deadly at all, if anything its no more of a small nuisance when you're low on HP.

It would make more sense if it was a percentage of your total HP, not remaining (considering both the sources we used never stated remaining hp, just "hp.") If we're going to stick with a base 13% and ignore the 10-40% formula, can we at least have it calculated off of total HP?

Also Derrick, not once did Deadly Poison drain stamina.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

hiicha wrote:
Also Derrick, not once did Deadly Poison drain stamina.
We do know that was the case. DP drained stamina below a certain number, usually 25. GP use to but it was nerfed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. I think the stamina issue is something that needs to be looked at seperately, as I belive should be unified for all damage, it currently is not.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:Aye. I think the stamina issue is something that needs to be looked at seperately, as I belive should be unified for all damage, it currently is not.
Perhaps there's an issue with other damage but Deadly Poison specifically had a feature that zapped stamina above normal.

Otherwise making statements like this, which singled DP out, woudln't have made much sense:
Deadly Poison damages approximately 10-40% of remaining hit points per 5 seconds and, when the victim of the Deadly Poison reaches about 25% of total health remaining, the poison starts to take away stamina as well…making it exactly as the name implies…deadly. The poisoned victim will get "You feel extremely weak and are in severe pain!" messages.
http://web.archive.org/web/19991104002 ... sessay.htm

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Not that this thread is really the place for the discussion but...

1. I do remember deadly doing a lot more as well.
2. DP def drained stamina BUT it may have been due to massive hp loss. I don't know what era but i know at some point taking a heavy hit (40-50 damage?) would also drain stamina with it. If DP was known for heavy hits, perhaps thats where the stam loss came into play?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Haha, it's a manly paisly, quite alluring for the t2a times!
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

i just tested some DP on one of my mules. definatly not as deadly as it should be. DP shouldnt take 2 whole mins to kill someone.