Secure Housing Transfer?

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Secure Housing Transfer?

Post by morgan1109 »

I am a new player, and fagabeef has generously leant me the use of a patio house until I can afford to pay for it. I am finally able to pay off my debt, and take full possession of my new home. My questions are:

1.How does a housing transfer work?
2.Is there a way to ensure I don’t lose my deed?
3.Is there a certain point where you just have to trust the person?

Fagabeef has been a straight up guy, and has treated me very well. I’m sure I am in good hands. I just want to understand the process so I can ensure I don’t lose all the hard earned cash I’ve managed to put together.

Fagabeef – If you are reading this, I am ready to finally ready to pay off my debt

Thanks,

Eomin/Lorne
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

WarmApplepie

Re: Secure Housing Transfer?

Post by WarmApplepie »

Deed is only a paper form if u were to pick up the house to replace it. What he's going to do is simply double click house sign with the owner of the house, select the option to transfer ownership and then click on your character. It will then put keys in your backpack and will make a message saying "you have been transfered ownership of this house " or something similar. I highly recommend reading the housing wiki in rreference to securing the house from looters, as well as locking down the keys next to the doors.

If you're nice, I'm almost positive Beefe will help you do it while explaining what's happening .
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Jay

Post by Jay »

im sure esco could make a copy of your keys for you if you transfer him the house first

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The main thing I'm trying to understand is how do I do the transfer of his payment? I don't think you can do it simultaneously in a trade window can you? That means he would have to trust me to pay him and do house transfer before he receives the deed (payment)? I would have to hand him the deed (payment) and hope he transfers house? At that point I am taking the risk?

From what I have read, there's not a way to make the transaction risk free. One person has to trust the other to fulfill his side of the transaction and assume the risk. if the is a secure way (risk free way) of doing the transfer I would like to know, so I can quit fretting over it, heh heh.

To be clear, this is a placed house. I will be paying him with a deed of the same type for the placed house.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Correct. There is always risks. You have to give him the deeds then hope he transfers you the house. Anyone willing to waste time to give a noobie a house to use prolly isn't going to screw you.

Precautions. ....
Check said players feedback on forums.
Have said player message you in IRC chat to confirm its them.
Check myuosa to confirm the character matches outfit shown.
That's going to extreme. But otherwise have a trusted player in the community broker the deal. You give that player deed, he then waits for house transfered to you and said broker gives deed to seller.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Fagabeefe

Post by Fagabeefe »

morgan1109 wrote: 1.How does a housing transfer work?
The best way to transfer a house is to use the sign. Open up the house options by double clicking the sign. One of the options is to transfer ownership of the house. A target pops up and you target the new owner.
A second way would be for the owner to re-deed the house and let the other player replace their deed on the spot. This could be a bit risky if the house is old and potentially grandfathered, i.e. placed during a different house patch and not replaceable under the current patch rules.
morgan1109 wrote: 2.Is there a way to ensure I don’t lose my deed?
When transferring gold or goods for a placed house there are no in-game mechanics to ensure safety, you're at the mercy of the community.
You can trust the seller, give them the goods 1st and hope they transfer the house.
You can request the house is transferred 1st, then you can give the seller the goods - this is not the way this community seems to work and it may be hard to find a seller willing to do this.
You can find someone to broker the deal. Someone both the buyer and seller trust to hold the house and all money and goods going towards it's purchase. Once the broker has both the house and the payment they will transfer the house to the buyer and hand over all goods and gold to the seller.
morgan1109 wrote: 3.Is there a certain point where you just have to trust the person?
Yes. You have to trust the seller or a broker. Check the forums, you'll know who you can and can't trust. If you're worried about the deal you can always post a very detailed account of the sale on the forums and have the other party agree to the terms in an unedited post restating all the terms. This doesn't guarantee you won't get screwed but if everything is in order and accounted for the other party will be banned from the forums for any deception.

Brules

Post by Brules »

I would be more than happy to broker for you.

Return to “Housing”