Keep + Tower Combo

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Raefon

Keep + Tower Combo

Post by Raefon »

This is for a keep + tower combo near Trinsic

Selling together. Prefer not to break them up.

SB: Deeds + 2x Small
keep + tower.JPG
keep + tower map.JPG
keep + tower map.JPG (56.29 KiB) Viewed 3981 times
Last edited by Raefon on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raefon

Re: Keep + Tower Combo

Post by Raefon »

^

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

^

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Nice combo Raefon

If you can hold out, I'd hang on to them. The market is in a slump.
Are they close enough to bridge or/and gf'd?
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Orion GM B^D wrote:Nice combo Raefon

Not gf'd since i placed them.
Not sure about bridging too, I thought bridging doesnt work anymore?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Raefon wrote:

According to Aeris you can
Aeris wrote:
a swallow wrote:That is correct, you drop in from the tower into the castle. Unable to go from castle to tower. (unless you make stairs connecting but not sure if that is possible.)
It's still possible to remake the stairs. It's only the house placement that is grandfathered, not the foot stool bridging.

Demonious, I don't know where you played UO for 11 years, but you can not block the runes by re-placing this castle. Additionally, you will not be able to re-place the castle, because this is a "grandfathered" placement! That means: it was placed by someone, then there was a patch that changed how house placing worked, but the already placed houses were left as is. Once it's removed, you can no longer re-place this as close to the tower as it currently is, and therefore you can not connect them again if you re-deed either the castle or the tower. Just sell it as a public bridged castle+tower. If you want I can re-do the bridging so that you can walk both directions between the two, rather than just from the tower to the castle as it currently is.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Raefon wrote:

According to Aeris you can
Aeris wrote:
a swallow wrote:That is correct, you drop in from the tower into the castle. Unable to go from castle to tower. (unless you make stairs connecting but not sure if that is possible.)
It's still possible to remake the stairs. It's only the house placement that is grandfathered, not the foot stool bridging.

Demonious, I don't know where you played UO for 11 years, but you can not block the runes by re-placing this castle. Additionally, you will not be able to re-place the castle, because this is a "grandfathered" placement! That means: it was placed by someone, then there was a patch that changed how house placing worked, but the already placed houses were left as is. Once it's removed, you can no longer re-place this as close to the tower as it currently is, and therefore you can not connect them again if you re-deed either the castle or the tower. Just sell it as a public bridged castle+tower. If you want I can re-do the bridging so that you can walk both directions between the two, rather than just from the tower to the castle as it currently is.

You are probably right! I just learned from Rose that you can bridge towers, but not the rest.

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

Very nice. So very tempted but I doubt I could sell what I have to have the cash.

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

^

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

You can only bridge if the placement is gf :( Sorry that wasn't clear in what I wrote.

In other words, if the tower and castle are placed such that there is a continuous strip of tiles with housing covering them, you can bridge. However, you can no long place this way, there must now always be at least 1 tile of no housing between two houses, including the tower's wings.

So even though the tower footprint is only 16x14 tiles, the wings add an extra 4 tiles (I think) on each side. These 4 tiles are what can create the continuous strip, while still leaving space to run the perimeter of the tower from outside without being blocked at any point by the castle/keep wall. You used to only need one tile between the bases of the two houses in order to place them, meaning the tower wing could protrude up to 3 tiles inside the castle's perimeter. But now you need one tile between the end of the overhang and the next house.

Hope that's clearer now!
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Aeris wrote:You can only bridge if the placement is gf :( Sorry that wasn't clear in what I wrote.

In other words, if the tower and castle are placed such that there is a continuous strip of tiles with housing covering them, you can bridge. However, you can no long place this way, there must now always be at least 1 tile of no housing between two houses, including the tower's wings.

So even though the tower footprint is only 16x14 tiles, the wings add an extra 4 tiles (I think) on each side. These 4 tiles are what can create the continuous strip, while still leaving space to run the perimeter of the tower from outside without being blocked at any point by the castle/keep wall. You used to only need one tile between the bases of the two houses in order to place them, meaning the tower wing could protrude up to 3 tiles inside the castle's perimeter. But now you need one tile between the end of the overhang and the next house.

Hope that's clearer now!
Does that mean Towers can't' be bridged anymore too?

Bump!

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

That's correct, you can't place them close enough to bridge. There always needs to be one tile between them to place, and you need them to be touching to bridge. Think it's been like this for 2-3 years, perhaps longer.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

^

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

^

Raefon

Post by Raefon »