Voting for UOSA (2016 Update)

News and Announcements
SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Publicizing the Server and helping players find us

Post by SaibotMK »

LRC suit = Lower Regeant Cost suit and the 100 part means %100 lower reg cost on the suit. It would brake Second Age entirely and I would never play this shard again.

Macroing is allowed and it is a must to be able to have the time to play this shard with a full time job. It takes days to macro and it will weed out the people who are going to stay and the people who are just going to play for maybe days or weeks. Giving people 7x GM characters at the start would brake the entire shard and I would never play UO again as this is the only legit server I know of.
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

googling just about anything UO related usually brings up SecondAge as one of the first results :P
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

I have a bit of code that puts a pop up asking to vote or enter the forum I used on a vb board, It could be used on bb I think? It uses a cookie to remind users to vote every seven days

happy to share if wanted

jackshephard
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jackshephard »

The number one server on the top 200 is a pk free sever?

Thats just sad.
Dharma Standard Company; Namaste
All Resources Gathered Legally

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Maybe someone can just write a program to automatically vote for us a million times? Joking of course, but given the nature of some of the top shards (by vote) it seems that either they are cheating or that people just really really suck. Start all skills at GM??? How could that possibly be fun?

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

Wonko the Sane wrote:Maybe someone can just write a program to automatically vote for us a million times? Joking of course, but given the nature of some of the top shards (by vote) it seems that either they are cheating or that people just really really suck. Start all skills at GM??? How could that possibly be fun?
They probably do vote rewards, basically buy the votes from the players with shinnies
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

ariok

Post by ariok »

Causa Mortis wrote:
Wonko the Sane wrote:Maybe someone can just write a program to automatically vote for us a million times? Joking of course, but given the nature of some of the top shards (by vote) it seems that either they are cheating or that people just really really suck. Start all skills at GM??? How could that possibly be fun?
They probably do vote rewards, basically buy the votes from the players with shinnies
*cough -- hybrid -- cough*

*cough -- hybrid sucks -- cough*
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

Gafron

Post by Gafron »

I'm curious how OSI view these emu shards. Have they never tried to shut them down like the mpaa and riaa have tried with movies and music?

Ram

Post by Ram »

Is any traffic coming from mmorpg.com and this sig?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... st/5063075

If so, maybe others could add the same sig, in other forums too.

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Been voting every day so far. Even though I've only been here 3 days ^.^ Lovin the shard.

But I noticed that we have way more players than votes, and I don't understand why people don't vote. It doesn't take much effort, and it's the best way to bring new players here.

And when we really start climbing up the ladder, it may get people from other shards to come here just to see what all the fuss is about. :D

Voting at least once a day can make a huge difference!
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Gafron

Post by Gafron »

jackshephard wrote:The number one server on the top 200 is a pk free sever?

Thats just sad.
The original experiment of UO was an abysmal failure and stayed a failure until OSI implemented a choice for people to not participate in PvP. It is no accident the majority of mmorpg players choose not to PvP or choose to do so in only very limited ways which cost them virtually no resources, people do not like to work for hours to build up resources just to have them taken from them in seconds with almost no recourse.

When consequences for behaving badly are little to none, most people will behave badly. UO was concieved and, for the first few years, run on the premise that people would form a society which would have real consequences for bad behavior thus limiting it to the few hardcore players. In essence this would have meant player run quests and events to limit the baddies negative impact. Due to limitations of UO, MMORPG's and games, in general, that type of society was just not possible.

So it does not suprise me the number 1 server is non PvP or that most people do not PvP in anything like a winner take all environment.

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Gafron wrote:
jackshephard wrote:The number one server on the top 200 is a pk free sever?

Thats just sad.
The original experiment of UO was an abysmal failure and stayed a failure until OSI implemented a choice for people to not participate in PvP. It is no accident the majority of mmorpg players choose not to PvP or choose to do so in only very limited ways which cost them virtually no resources, people do not like to work for hours to build up resources just to have them taken from them in seconds with almost no recourse.

When consequences for behaving badly are little to none, most people will behave badly. UO was concieved and, for the first few years, run on the premise that people would form a society which would have real consequences for bad behavior thus limiting it to the few hardcore players. In essence this would have meant player run quests and events to limit the baddies negative impact. Due to limitations of UO, MMORPG's and games, in general, that type of society was just not possible.

So it does not suprise me the number 1 server is non PvP or that most people do not PvP in anything like a winner take all environment.
But if you look closer, most of those top UO shards have nowhere near our playerbase. If our members would just vote we would be #1 instead of them...
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I played on an awful Australian server (entirely for the ping) that was rewarding players to vote. So people just logged in, voted, and logged out. If it was anywhere in the top 100, it wasn't because the server was enjoyable.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

nightshark wrote:I played on an awful Australian server (entirely for the ping) that was rewarding players to vote. So people just logged in, voted, and logged out. If it was anywhere in the top 100, it wasn't because the server was enjoyable.
Yea a lot of games do that crap. I'm glad they don't here.

We are moving up the lists guys! Keep it up!

vbwuee

Post by vbwuee »

good read!! In so many ways it seems MMOs have only gone down hill. I don't know of any other MMO that gives UO's freedom to do as you want. This actually creates content in itself, instead of developers constantly trying to keep people on the treadmill with more expansions. Le sigh, I just can't see how gaming companies have missed this obvious flaw for a decade now.
:cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------------

http://www.sacslongchamps.com

Return to “Shard News”