Voting for UOSA (2016 Update)

News and Announcements
sMASH
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Publicizing the Server and helping players find us

Post by sMASH »

i know this has been declined several times, but uhh, for most people money does talk, for others, they finally fall down in the mud, and cant afford a bar of soap :(::::::::::::::::---these arent knocks on u derrick, its just the broke ones that r too lazy to ge ta job and make a little dough to pay for game they truly love and want to keep alive. ur the bomb anyways to keep this goin anyways, woops bad language o well--maybe a little edit, it would probably fly if they wasnt so many that would cry about it lol...i would hate to be in ur position, money or free, money or free....hmmmmmm...no i wouldnt i would take the money, kinda stupid edit, btw, u guys need to get jobs if u wanna support to old school uo, i know u all old enough to get one, this came aout a decade ago for goodnes sakes lazyness

tangar

Post by tangar »

i draw banner for forum signatures (400x80). can do banner for websites (468x60) if you need.

im ready for accept suggestions and recommendations to upgrade it :)
Attachments
uosecondage banner
uosecondage banner
uo-tangar.gif (51.66 KiB) Viewed 189878 times

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

tangar wrote:i draw banner for forum signatures (400x80). can do banner for websites (468x60) if you need.

im ready for accept suggestions and recommendations to upgrade it :)
That's beautiful. Yes if it's not too much work I'd love to have a 468x60 version of this. Thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tangar

Post by tangar »

Attachments
468x60, 32 kb
468x60, 32 kb
uo-tangar1.gif (30.94 KiB) Viewed 189835 times

Populus

Post by Populus »

I think they look cool and all, but shouldn't there be UO themed pics instead of those.. weird things. (:
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Douns

Post by Douns »

After a ten year haitus this has brought back amazing memories! Plus I am so glad this is a server that didnt have any of the custom plethora of junk that nobody needed!!

As per a previous post, getting this out to the younger crowd, you have an amazing platform already -- which is the mobile app! I think you should use it but a bit more apllicable, I mean.. this is pretty much the basis of games like Farmville and ETC that EVERYONE plays now...

Anyways, 2 days old and I already have people joining! Keep up the good work and never let the server die!

kwhiz73
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kwhiz73 »

Been new the shard for a week (ex long time Lake superior player), and have to say I'm completely impressed with what I've seen so far. I've called three friends since I've signed up, and they have all followed suit.

It's a huge sacrifice to go from having 7x GM everything to killing rats in yew, but so far its been completely worth it. Great job on recreating what Lake Superior has been lacking for so many years. I'm here to stay for awhile.

Have I been pked (heh yep many times), have I been stolen from (yep), have I had to sell boots and vendor weaps to start the bankroll (yep). This all contributes to the challenge of creating something worthwhile. While I do agree the registration part should be as simple and as hassle free as possible, any mention of someone complaining about being killed, stolen from, or having trouble figuring things out makes me cringe. It's ok to be upset when these things happen, but this is what started the game down the "young" and trammel road to begin with. The folks that love this game, new or vets, are the ones who will enjoy the challenge of working from the ground up. Thanks for creating this---my donation is incoming.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks guys, and welcome to Second Age!
The registration process is going to be difficult to make much easier unfortunately; likely just getting some info about how accounts are created onto the website may help a lot.

There have been people on and off that have talked about making a mobile platform for UO; it's somewhat of a daunting task; but I agree it's be pretty cool.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

One thing that could be fairly simple to adjust and could possible increase more new traffic would be adjust some of the keyword densities on this site.

http://www.webconfs.com/keyword-density-checker.php

This will give you an idea how which keywords are coming up on your main page. your #1 keyword is "uo" which is obviously what we are going for but unfortunately its only at 2%. that could be increased to at least closer towards 10%.

The rest of the keywords the density checker comes up with are...honestly...not that great and not that targeted towards driving ultima online second age players towards this site, in my opinion.

Just changing the landing page to be better keyword targeted could direct more new traffic to the site.

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ ... earch.none

This google tool will help you understand which keywords could be utilized better

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Derrick wrote: There were 65 on when I went to bed last night. That's the highest number we've had yet on a weeknight. I think it's working, and it's great to have you back on the shard.
What's peak high number now? In the 700s? Good job, Derrick! Thanks for starting up THE BEST UO FREESHARD EVER!
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

I've been here almost 3 weeks and love it. Heard of it on reddit btw, in the /r/gaming where someone got nostalgic about UO and then there was a link to second age a ways down. Don't be afraid to drop the website more often redditors...

Sadistica

Post by Sadistica »

I'm new here (been playing actively for about 1 month or so now) and wanted to throw my two cents in...

Unfortunately I don't remember how I came across this shard, but I do remember that it kept showing up where I was searching. This shard is different from all other free shards. This shard is exactly how I remember UO being, you and your staff should be proud of your replication of the T2A era. This is the core of UO, minus all the other crap/bells/whistles that the other shards throw in.

Your advertising is spot on, UO the way it was.... UNFORTUNATLEY, a lot of the other shards are boasting the same thing. There needs to be a way to separate this shard from them... an answer I do not have. :( I remember being stuck between 3-5 shards and wondering which one to play. Me of course being the huge nerd I am longing for UO downloaded and tried them all.

So, to sum it up. I believe your shard is out there good and well, but it needs something (I don't know what) to separate itself from all the other free shards... because it truly is different.

Azural Kane

Post by Azural Kane »

wgensel wrote:I've been here almost 3 weeks and love it. Heard of it on reddit btw, in the /r/gaming where someone got nostalgic about UO and then there was a link to second age a ways down. Don't be afraid to drop the website more often redditors...
This. Reddit's r/gaming is a great place to plug the server. I'm loving my time here so far as well.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Azural Kane wrote:
wgensel wrote:I've been here almost 3 weeks and love it. Heard of it on reddit btw, in the /r/gaming where someone got nostalgic about UO and then there was a link to second age a ways down. Don't be afraid to drop the website more often redditors...
This. Reddit's r/gaming is a great place to plug the server. I'm loving my time here so far as well.
As a fellow redditor and a long time vet of this shard, I'd first off like to welcome you to the shard. Secondly, I want to kick myself for not promoting this on reddit sooner.

Good luck out there, it's a wild world, Citizen.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Sissypants

Post by Sissypants »

I'm going to follow the word of mouth principle and see if I can scam a couple friends into coming to play here. Been trying to talk my wife into playing but she's resisting. Funny though considering we met while playing UO..

Like others, I think this is the best free shard out there because of Derricks dedication to re-creating the actual UO experience. It's easy to identify with for all of us who played back before the game got destroyed by Trammel and the following "expansions". So I'll see if I can bring a couple more people here, to show my appreciation for what the staff is doing.

Return to “Shard News”