Voting for UOSA (2016 Update)

News and Announcements
Pied Piper

Re: Publicizing the Server and helping players find us

Post by Pied Piper »

I voted on the links from the main page. Thanks for making it so EZ 2 do and I'm sorry I didn't start voting sooner.

I'll make it a regular thing and not only is this shard ranked high on the voting sites still but on yahoo search it's #2 on the list when you search "UO free shard"

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

Don't know how much this will help, but I found by accident that googling certain things related to UO now brings up the thread we have going in the high-traffic message board where my guild and I came from, where we discuss T2A and what we're doing on it. Hopefully it will give some more publicity to the shard.

Arendey

Post by Arendey »

Talked about this server to both my brothers and got them to join, and asked them to share the site info to their friends on facebook (and so did I), not much but its the best that I could do :D

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Plus 2 is more then most people bring to shard .. Thank You for the good work keep it up.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

randale

Post by randale »

I came here from the Metropolis server/shard because it changed ownership quite a few times, and last time I was signed into it, I was the only person logged on! It was mostly T2A except it did have bank checks, paragons (in the regular world, not Illeshar or whatever it is) and thankfully blessed runebooks, oh well.

Dioces

Post by Dioces »

Facebook page.
It's the best way to reach large groups of people now days.

I have an entire guild (Black Company from Great Lakes) with it's own FB page/group that most of the original members and many late-comers are subscribed to and I'm sure others do as well.

Share this way as it's the most likely to reach the largest audience.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Secondage has a facebook page already.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Dioces

Post by Dioces »

link?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Layt

Post by Layt »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/uosecondage/

Randomly came across that the other day. Not sure what can be done about it, but I imagine if someone simply emailed sourceforge they would take a look at the page and see it's clearly not a real project.

McFakin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by McFakin »

Layt wrote:http://sourceforge.net/projects/uosecondage/

Randomly came across that the other day. Not sure what can be done about it, but I imagine if someone simply emailed sourceforge they would take a look at the page and see it's clearly not a real project.
^^^^From this source^^^^^
"The staff is incompetent. The development is sometimes done without any proof of accuracy based on the developer's thoughts of how something should be. The players are mostly made up of beat up highschoolers. Play elsewhere."

How would we go about updating/editing/reporting/discrediting the inaccuracy of that statement?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

McFakin wrote:
Layt wrote:http://sourceforge.net/projects/uosecondage/

^^^^From this source^^^^^
"The staff is incompetent. The development is sometimes done without any proof of accuracy based on the developer's thoughts of how something should be. The players are mostly made up of beat up highschoolers. Play elsewhere."

How would we go about updating/editing/reporting/discrediting the inaccuracy of that statement?
I sent sourceforge a message about it. We'll see if it takes care of the issue or not.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

xenoglyph

Post by xenoglyph »

Why isn't the site on any of the top UO shard lists? I accidentally found this place when it was mentioned in torrent comments at TorrentLeech while I was looking for a client to download.

Eldaran

Post by Eldaran »

I will try to remember to vote here often. My good friend and I are here on the server and I'm trying to get my brother to join as well. Everything looks great here so far.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

xenoglyph wrote:Why isn't the site on any of the top UO shard lists? I accidentally found this place when it was mentioned in torrent comments at TorrentLeech while I was looking for a client to download.
I think it's because the bulk of UO players are citizens of Trammel. This is the top shard on the JoinUO page's headline:
Freedom - Start All Skills GM + 100 LRC Suit!
I dunno what an LRC suit is.

Also, having to vote all the time is nonsense. Crappy shards probably just fix the results.

That being said, if you sort by number of clients online instead of the number of votes, we are number one hands down.

Return to “Shard News”