Market Prices

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Germ

Market Prices

Post by Germ »

Hi all, I am new to the shard and was curious if anyone can provide estimates for the market values on tradeskill related items.
Starting up a supply vendor to make a little starting out cash.

Namely:

Iron Ingots
Colored Ingots
Boards
Arrows/Bolts
Cloth
Leather

Edit: Trade Supply Shop now open just south of minoc / north of minoc moongate. I may be priced at or slightly above market, will see how stuff sells and adjust as we go. Right now stocking boards/iron ingots mainly. Will branch out as time allows.

Thanks
Attachments
Rachel_1-7_14.46.jpg
Last edited by Germ on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Market Prices

Post by Bigoud »

hello, welcome to T2A !

Iron Ingots = 6/7 gp depending on demand
Colored Ingots = depend of color (shadow up to gold, must be up to 10/12gp max), green (verite) and blue light (valorite) are more exp
Boards = 4 gp each
Arrows/Bolts = arrows 5gp each / bolts about 7/8gp each
Cloth = bandages (3/3.5gp each), cloth about 2gp each
Leather = around 7/8gp each
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Bigoud wrote:hello, welcome to T2A !

Iron Ingots = 6/7 gp depending on demand
Colored Ingots = depend of color (shadow up to gold, must be up to 10/12gp max), green (verite) and blue light (valorite) are more exp
Boards = 4 gp each
Arrows/Bolts = arrows 5gp each / bolts about 7/8gp each
Cloth = bandages (3/3.5gp each), cloth about 2gp each
Leather = around 7/8gp each
I'm surprised leather would sell for that much, considering leather armor is basically useless with meditation.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

it is
but the only reason why leather is exp is because there is almost nobody collecting it, nor people selling it ...

thats why i raised a bit the price

if you want to gm tailoring, you will have to pay around that price to get some, i assume
Yew Bank Mall

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

I don't think there's much market for leather, since you can buy hides from NPC tanners at 3gp each. That's how I got my leather for tailor, all 21k pieces of it. Thought I don't see why you couldn't sell at 4 or 5gp, if you have a large quantity, since it takes all day to work up the supply at the NPC. It just might sit on your vendor a long time, eating away at the profit.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

ok i agree, I didnt remember it was 3gp at npc.

then leather is more like 4/5gp each true.
Yew Bank Mall

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Also, I don't know who is buying leather armor, but it's easily my number three sold item (by quantity), behind bows and bandages. Thank you mystery shoppers!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Completely forgot you needed leather to GM tailoring, only reason I had doubts about the high price of leather.
Theograd wrote:Also, I don't know who is buying leather armor, but it's easily my number three sold item (by quantity), behind bows and bandages. Thank you mystery shoppers!
Yeah I just recently looted an IDOC, and the guy had around a dozen gm leather suits. Straight to the vendor.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Germ

Post by Germ »

Bump! Updated with location of trade supply.

As Kate Gosselin says, "COME AND GET YOUR POPCORN!"

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

As a thief you are going to get hit. Now town thieves may go virtually naked but thieves that work the field need protection. Hide,Stealth, and Steal are all affected by AR ratings. Even if you are a mage thief with meditation, leather is good to have being you are probably going to cast spells only for evasion and healing. That little bit of AR combined with a protection spell/reactive armor may make the difference in a recall interruption. Unless you like getting guardwhacked all the time a field thief is the way to go.

You may want a full suit when stealing from a dexxer or just pieces of it vs. a mage.

Or say you were at war with another guild and wanted to drive them out of a city you were claiming, you might want leather on a created temp like this as it has high survivability.

Melee Skill
tactics
magery
Healing
Anatomy
meditation
wrestling

There are other variations to temps that would make better use of leather then metal armor but you get the point.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Or say you were at war with another guild and wanted to drive them out of a city you were claiming, you might want leather on a created temp like this as it has high survivability.

Melee Skill
tactics
magery
Healing
Anatomy
meditation
wrestling

There are other variations to temps that would make better use of leather then metal armor but you get the point.
Even wearing one piece of leather is going to dramatically decrease your passive regeneration; you'll be out of mana before your opponent hits 50%, not to mention I sport full invul dex gear and can easily get hit for 30-40 from a hally.

Its a dice roll game, but gimping regen for a fraction of armor just isn't worth it.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Most who carry hallies are tank mages whose spells arent effective in town and against a dexxer like this temp is, they best run in town anyway.

Protection spells, and reactive armour are effective in town and are both fast casts. With store bought leather having an ar of 13 compared to a GM dex suit having 29, with protection cast that is only 6 less armor rating. I havent fit into GM leather as yet so I dont know what the difference would be.

With healing,magery, and pots with passive med being only slightly altered, as magery isnt the main focus of this temp, I don't see where the argument is.

With wrestling you can insta hit, with higher dex then a typical caster you can lay in on it in melee with a kat or other one handed weapon, Quarter staff for macing.
Also you could buff,debuff, poison, etc and have better mana regen then your typical dexxer you'll have enough for another greater heal by about the same time maybe a little longer then it takes you to apply a bandage. Not to mention a mini heal spam wont get you pummeled as you wait for bandaging due to wrestle. Include a dress macro in and you are good to go.

It can stand its ground in melee being effective in town combat, and is good support as stated being a temp made for the sole purpose of guild war having enhanced magic capabilities as well as melee skills so wouldn't be gimped offensively as a caster completely in a town guild war.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

ingots at 7.5gp each at yew bank mall

vendor on stairs

cheers
Yew Bank Mall

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Also you could buff,debuff, poison, etc and have better mana regen then your typical dexxer you'll have enough for another greater heal by about the same time maybe a little longer then it takes you to apply a bandage.
Passive regen is the same whether you're wearing leather gloves or full plate; the difference is you can't meditate in plate.

I don't know why its gimped so bad, but apparently it is era-accurate.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

not according to this
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Meditation
Am I wrong then or just misinformed?

Here is the Quote:

The limits of passive meditation are as follows: The slowest possible passive regeneration speed of 1 mana point regained every 7 seconds applies to characters dressed in full plate armor or characters with 0 intelligence and 0 meditation skill. The highest possible passive regeneration speed of 1 mana point regained every second applies to characters dressed in cloth (or nothing) with 100 intelligence and 100 meditation skill. Between those minimum and maximum rate a gliding scale is used to determine the regeneration rate depending on armor, intelligence and meditation skill.

Is the wikki wrong then?