Buying 18k Iron Ingots at 6gp per

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Theograd

Buying 18k Iron Ingots at 6gp per

Post by Theograd »

I'm looking for 18k Iron Ingots, paying 6gp per. They don't all have to be from the same seller, so if you have less, I'll buy those too, up to 18k.

Theograd

Re: Buying 18k Iron Ingots at 6gp per

Post by Theograd »

Bump, and updating the amount needed.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

You might want to try actually offering a competitive price, since listing at 7k/each will sell within a day or two.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

I'm in no hurry. If I get a seller, great. If not, no big loss. Thanks for the information though.

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

Oswald wrote:You might want to try actually offering a competitive price, since listing at 7k/each will sell within a day or two.
7k per ingot, ha ha

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

7gp is NEA. It should be 5gp/per and desperate sellers 4gp/per
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pat

Post by Pat »

shop vendors sell them at 9gp per... 4-5gp per would be dumb.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pat wrote:shop vendors sell them at 9gp per... 4-5gp per would be dumb.
GL selling them to shop vendors on a production shard in '99

Selling to players for 5, or buying them for that price was completely standard and not "dumb"
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

people should offer 7 per and no less.

ingots are boring as hell to mine, and the majority of people
doing it are just starting out on the server.
most people buying are well established.

when i started people would haggle me down from 7k to 6.5k
and these are people who had tons of houses etc..
really, what a joke.

for the love of satan, pay these poor miners full price if you're established.
it's only going to help the server get more people.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

nightshark wrote:7gp is NEA. It should be 5gp/per and desperate sellers 4gp/per
I'll tell you what; go mine me 18k ingots and I'll pay you 5-5gp per.

With the changes to pack horses, unless you're an afk boat miner, mining is a real pain in the ass and very time consuming. You should be lucky people sell for 7gp per ingot with the amount of work it takes to mine.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

nightshark wrote:
Pat wrote:shop vendors sell them at 9gp per... 4-5gp per would be dumb.
GL selling them to shop vendors on a production shard in '99

Selling to players for 5, or buying them for that price was completely standard and not "dumb"
Money was harder to make then too! It is ridiculously easy here. Nowhere near the competition and trouble in hunting.

Theograd

Post by Theograd »

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting or advocating that ingots should be 6gp and no higher. I realize the server norm is 7. This post originally said I was looking for 40k iron, but I went and bought 22k for 7gp. I don't really need the other 18k, but if someone wants to drop their price to get it sold immediately, I'm happy to be the buyer. I know I'm unlikely to get any sellers at this price, since demand is quite a bit higher than supply. Hell, I was paying 9gp for iron when I was at 99 smithing, because I couldn't stand it any longer and wanted ingots immediately. Either way, I like reading about the game economy, so carry on!

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Hicha wrote:

With the changes to pack horses, unless you're an afk boat miner, mining is a real pain in the ass and very time consuming. You should be lucky people sell for 7gp per ingot with the amount of work it takes to mine.
BINGO! Plus mining has a really high risk of being PK'd. I got ganked twice after being inside that minoc mining cave for only 5 minutes when I just started out.

Pack horses suck, I'm pretty sure they made them like 1k stones instead of 400 on OSI, but it's NEA.

Also on Chessy they were about 7gp each and it's not like any of that matters anyway it's all supply and demand - I don't know why anyone would complain about how they 'should be 5gp each like back on OSI' - you'll make more money doing lumberjack/carpentry and selling to the vendor AND in the complete safety of town than risking mining trips.

ps. what's this AFK boat mining you're talking about?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Oswald wrote:
Hicha wrote:

BINGO! Plus mining has a really high risk of being PK'd. I got ganked twice after being inside that minoc mining cave for only 5 minutes when I just started out.

Pack horses suck, I'm pretty sure they made them like 1k stones instead of 400 on OSI, but it's NEA.

Also on Chessy they were about 7gp each and it's not like any of that matters anyway it's all supply and demand - I don't know why anyone would complain about how they 'should be 5gp each like back on OSI' - you'll make more money doing lumberjack/carpentry and selling to the vendor AND in the complete safety of town than risking mining trips.

ps. what's this AFK boat mining you're talking about?
Wow guys, the whole "7gp is NEA" was a joke. I know prices are set by supply and demand. It's easier to supply on UOSA since we have razor and know all the little tricks, price demand is also higher since we're all more efficient at making gold and don't have to compete with 15 others for the mongbat spawn outside Moonglow.

There are a ton more reasons ingots were 4-6gp on OSI during T2A (and why that made sense) but you really don't need me to go through that

Return to “Resources”