Stop & Shop vendors in Yew!

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Raefon

Re: Stop & Shop vendors in Yew!

Post by Raefon »

Resource vendor is back!
Now selling ingots, boards, leather!
Kegs are now coloured as well!

Grogor

Post by Grogor »

Maitane, the Stop and shop rare vendor is restocked!!

Arrows, Sheet Music, Barrel, Shackles, many Candles etc.

Come get them while they last!! Absolutely lowest prices on rares!!

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Been awhile since i bumped!
Checkout the almost full set of bottles at the rares vendor!

Grogor

Post by Grogor »

Thanks Raefon! I have almost 2 complete sets (only 1 flask). PM me if you need something.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

i been restocking dp weps, gm weps and gm armor on there as well regularly for low prices compared to what ive seen on vendors out there...my suits come with norse and close helm(so u can choose which to wear) chain tunic and legs, plate gorget, ringmail arms and gloves. my question/vote on this, to u all is:

i used to give plate arms in the sets but kept finding the plate arms on the ground so i sell them separately now, but do u, as the buyers want gm plate arms in the suits as well? or does the general population that buys not use plate arms? thanks for feedback and votes on put plate arms in or not again?

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

The Gods: I generally only sell suits as follows unless someone places a special order: chainmail tunic/chainmail leggings/ringmail sleeves/ringmail gloves/norse helm/gorget (plate or studded, mostly studded.) The only other suits I have tried selling are -5 dex suits that have a plate chest and studded gorget, because the chest receives the most hits of any armor piece.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

For dex suits I always preferred plate arms for PVM, and I would wear a studded gorget to offset the dex loss. Ironically enough I like some bone armor for PVP, so the dex suit only comes into play when I’m too lazy to farm some undead. I could very well be the outlier though, heh heh.

That being said, I never offered anything other than the standard dex suit with ringmail arms. That’s what the shard wants. It’s best to just give them what they want. I never even had a request outside of the standard suit. I figured I’d get requests for a couple full plate valorite/verite suits to be worn for special events, but those never materialized either. In contrast, my scroll vendor would get a request roughly every other week. If you aren’t getting any requests, I would just stick with the standard suit everyone knows and loves.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

right i get what both u saying...bone armor for pvp tho varak! shit...i dont use less than 42 armor in pvm! no shield too of course...idk my suits seem to sold better when i had plate arms added...reason i do both helms no matter what is so the person gets to choose which helm they wanna wear and prefer for their look...idc so much bout gold...more bout giving players...especially new players options and what they want/need at low costs...im not in the business for maximum profits...hints all the stuff i put into 1 suit for less than 99% of ppls suits with 1 helm and 1 arms...i have been selling bone armor suits with a gm bronze shield(iron) for 350gp and ppl been buying em up...basically...noobie suits, for ppl with hardly any gold but need armor...but i guess for now unless ppl demand it..ill sell plate arms seperate...thx for feedback guys also btw :)

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Got a problem with the scroll and addon vendors not being restocked.
We are in the midst of finding suitable replacements.

Drunk Ninja
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Drunk Ninja »

Good keg vendor!
Last edited by Drunk Ninja on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

fox-phyre and morgan1109 both say sensible stuff (and, yes, morgan, certain "fresh" bone pieces are awesome, compared to GM armor).

So far as I have ever been able to discern, many/most players fail to account for the 'granularity' that's built-in to the swing-timer: with, say, a katana, one "tick" is a huge amount of stamina (as in, 25-34 points!!!); even with a halberd, it's significant (more than 14 points on a dexxer, 7-8 on a hallymage [but hallymages only rarely wear armor, and use wrestling to cycle the swing timer ...]). Unless the user is already "straddling" a swing-timer breakpoint, -1, -2, -5 Dex means absolutely nothing.

Since OSI dropped hit-location a couple of years after t2A (with AOS? I don't know: I wasn't playing), there are likely a number of players who do not completely apprehend this mechanic, either.

No-dex-loss suits belong on an archer (a bow cycles 15 ticks @ [exactly] 100 Stamina) ...

So, yes, guys, all of the suits you describe (that people don't want) are the 'best' suits, and I imagine it is a little soul-crushing that most of the population remains too benighted to recognise that.

A point of trivia: when UO launched, it was not possible for even GM smiths to craft exceptional plate tunics (OSI changed this, either late-pre-t2A or early-t2A); during that time, the 'best-overall' suit was made of (all GM) chainmail tunic and legs, ringmail gloves, and the rest plate. Once exceptional plate tunics became available, suits like the one fox-phyre mentioned began to enjoy some popularity.

Anyway, compared to total server population, there are a lot of GM smiths here: I imagine that maintaining trade can be frustrated and tedious. Persevere!

SS

P.S. While you are sorting-out your 'scroll-vendor-issues', if you need a source of bulk scrolls feel free to contact me: The Gods has been kind, and helpful, and I'd be happy to help out, at least temporarily.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

New Scroll Vendor is up!
dren wrote:Introducing a new inscription vendor.... recently moved to Yew from The Joyous Artisan.

Aolani she has recalls, magic reflect, mark, flamestrike, gate travel, ressurection, energy vortex, various spellbooks, and runebooks.

Dexxer & Hybrid Spellbooks
Dexxer Spellbook (1-6th circle) - 2750gp
Hybrid Spellbook (1-7th circle) - 3500gp
Full Spellbook (1-7th circle) - 5000gp

Healing, Curing, Protection & Travel
A Neophyte* Monk's Spellbook - 500gp
An Illuminated Monk's Spellbook - 1000gp

Amount Circle - spells included
3 1st - create food, heal, reactive armor
6 2nd - agility, cunning, cure, magic trap, protection, strength
2 3rd - bless, teleport
4 4th - arch protection*, arch cure*, greater heal, recall
1 5th - magic reflect, incognito*
2 6th* - invisibility, mark
1 7th* - gate travel
1 8th* - ressurection

*Arch cure, Incognito, and 6-8th circles not included in Neohpyte book.

A Monk's spellbook will provide you with spells approved for use by the Order of Illuminated Monks. These travelling monks swear an oath of non-violence and primarily practice the virtues of compassion, sacrafice, and spirituality. The neophyte book is a excellent and inexpensive option for starting out with a warrior, mage, healer, crafter, or mule/laborer character.

Grogor

Post by Grogor »

Great prices!

Raefon

Post by Raefon »

Raefon wrote:New Scroll Vendor is up!
dren wrote:Introducing a new inscription vendor.... recently moved to Yew from The Joyous Artisan.

Aolani she has recalls, magic reflect, mark, flamestrike, gate travel, ressurection, energy vortex, various spellbooks, and runebooks.

Dexxer & Hybrid Spellbooks
Dexxer Spellbook (1-6th circle) - 2750gp
Hybrid Spellbook (1-7th circle) - 3500gp
Full Spellbook (1-7th circle) - 5000gp

Healing, Curing, Protection & Travel
A Neophyte* Monk's Spellbook - 500gp
An Illuminated Monk's Spellbook - 1000gp

Amount Circle - spells included
3 1st - create food, heal, reactive armor
6 2nd - agility, cunning, cure, magic trap, protection, strength
2 3rd - bless, teleport
4 4th - arch protection*, arch cure*, greater heal, recall
1 5th - magic reflect, incognito*
2 6th* - invisibility, mark
1 7th* - gate travel
1 8th* - ressurection

*Arch cure, Incognito, and 6-8th circles not included in Neohpyte book.

A Monk's spellbook will provide you with spells approved for use by the Order of Illuminated Monks. These travelling monks swear an oath of non-violence and primarily practice the virtues of compassion, sacrafice, and spirituality. The neophyte book is a excellent and inexpensive option for starting out with a warrior, mage, healer, crafter, or mule/laborer character.

I think dren made a mistake, full spellbook meaning 1-8th circle right?