Delete

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

The Gods

Delete

Post by The Gods »

delete
Last edited by The Gods on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jimm1432

Re: Selling stable spots

Post by jimm1432 »

i saw u bragging at skara about all you stable slots, you sir are a dick. drop the rats and bird and stop fucking the server. theres only 70ish players left (100+ clients but only 70-80 IPs) and your filling the stables for no reason

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

delete
Last edited by The Gods on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

you was outside skara bank talking to a ''guildie'' telling him about all your spots. sounded a lot like bragging to me, i don't know you I just saw you going on about ''all your slots you have'' or i wouldn't of said it. It's people 'like' you, not only you filling every spot they find for NO REASON that there are NO SPOTS. I have enough slots for farming pets/a few mares/frenzys. I don't grab every slot I find, I found them slots at brit before you was talking about them on IRC and I put 3 dragons on ONE stable master and left not 90 then trying to sell them. Right now there is a max of 100 IPs logging onto server daily, that means each real player could have 18-20 stabled pets EACH and there would be slots left but instead the select few think they should have 300+ slots to them self?

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

delete
Last edited by The Gods on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Stable slots are a finite resource in this game. Finite resources get gobbled up by most smart people as soon as they find them. It’s that simple. They are a precious resource. You can change the dynamics of that resource, but you can’t change the mechanics or human nature.

I ran pets through 3 stables, and would always check while I was there for open slots. I ended up picking up giving away over 100 slots. I don’t remember ever charging for them, but it’s been about 6 months since I’ve kept a steady stable. It’s possible somebody was being a douche, and I charged them a nominal fee for whining.

The bottom line is if I didn’t pick them up, someone else would have and charged 3K per slot. You can whine all you want about how unfair it is, but honestly the best thing to do is pick them up when you see them. When you see someone on the boards looking for slots, hand them out for free. It works a lot better than whining and pissing people off. You make friends instead of enemies. You help fix a limitation in the game.

You can’t change human nature. You can’t change the logistics of a finite resource. The only thing you can do is try and change the dynamics. That means camping stables and when you see a dude refreshing his 100 wyrms you quickly take as many of his slots as you can. That means collecting them and handing them out where and when needed. Asking the whole shard (which is what your post would need to work) to change natural human behavior is completely unrealistic. So quit whining about one dude selling a few slots, and do something to change the dynamics of it. Camping the slots takes way to much time and effort, but swinging by a stable every now and then takes little to no effort. Or do nothing and whine about it on the boards. Your choice.

For full disclosure, I do know “the gods” well. If he found out you were new and needed some slots, he’d toss you the slots for free along with 5K, a suit of armor, and probably friend you to a small so you can macro your skills up safely. That doesn’t change any of what I said above though. The whole human nature thing and game mechanics are immovable objects. However, we as people of this online world can and do change the shard dynamics. You just have to figure out how to manipulate the mechanics to your will.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

smitty

Post by smitty »

morgan1109 wrote:Stable slots are a finite resource in this game. Finite resources get gobbled up by most smart people as soon as they find them. It’s that simple. They are a precious resource. You can change the dynamics of that resource, but you can’t change the mechanics or human nature.

I ran pets through 3 stables, and would always check while I was there for open slots. I ended up picking up giving away over 100 slots. I don’t remember ever charging for them, but it’s been about 6 months since I’ve kept a steady stable. It’s possible somebody was being a douche, and I charged them a nominal fee for whining.

The bottom line is if I didn’t pick them up, someone else would have and charged 3K per slot. You can whine all you want about how unfair it is, but honestly the best thing to do is pick them up when you see them. When you see someone on the boards looking for slots, hand them out for free. It works a lot better than whining and pissing people off. You make friends instead of enemies. You help fix a limitation in the game.

You can’t change human nature. You can’t change the logistics of a finite resource. The only thing you can do is try and change the dynamics. That means camping stables and when you see a dude refreshing his 100 wyrms you quickly take as many of his slots as you can. That means collecting them and handing them out where and when needed. Asking the whole shard (which is what your post would need to work) to change natural human behavior is completely unrealistic. So quit whining about one dude selling a few slots, and do something to change the dynamics of it. Camping the slots takes way to much time and effort, but swinging by a stable every now and then takes little to no effort. Or do nothing and whine about it on the boards. Your choice.

For full disclosure, I do know “the gods” well. If he found out you were new and needed some slots, he’d toss you the slots for free along with 5K, a suit of armor, and probably friend you to a small so you can macro your skills up safely. That doesn’t change any of what I said above though. The whole human nature thing and game mechanics are immovable objects. However, we as people of this online world can and do change the shard dynamics. You just have to figure out how to manipulate the mechanics to your will.
^^ That!

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

thanks guys...as i told jimi before im one the nicest sharing ppl u will find and many many ppl can back that up...so y am i a dick for doing what tons of ppl have done and will continue to do? but sell em for way less to ppl that have plenty of gold and free to ppl that are newer and still finding their way...and ur right i would give em spots plus gold and whatever else they needed to help them out and get sarted even more

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

It's simple no one needs the slots they take. I have slots do you see me bitching about needing them? i'm pointing out that if players didn't hoard the slots there wouldn't be a need to fill every slot you find.

btw a lot of players in you guild cry and bitch more then anyone i've ever seen when I 'steal' there slots when they claim and i jump off my ride and stable it. ask the whiny bitch gonzolas or what ever his name is.

also do a forum search for selling stable slots this is the only post that shows up. I have never seen someone buy a stable slot ever.

search my old posts your find ive given newbs houses, gold, what ever don't mean shit has nothing to do with what were talking about here.

to anyone else selling stables slot you are also dicks.

Pixelclicker

Post by Pixelclicker »

I agree with everyone above: Fuck you, Grammar and Punctuation!!!!!
<@BoomlandJenkins> I got home, got on UO right away and I knew something was up before I even made it to the spawner, because there were 35+ in the Justice woods and not one person was PKing one another.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

delete
Last edited by The Gods on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Pixelclicker wrote:I agree with everyone above: Fuck you, Grammar and Punctuation!!!!!
:P

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

morgan1109 wrote: When you see a dude refreshing his 100 wyrms you quickly take as many of his slots as you can.
@thegod
for me to ''steal'' something means they own it, do you guys think you OWN the slots?

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

delete
Last edited by The Gods on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groucho

Post by Groucho »

jimm1432 wrote:It's simple no one needs the slots they take. I have slots do you see me bitching about needing them? i'm pointing out that if players didn't hoard the slots there wouldn't be a need to fill every slot you find.

btw a lot of players in you guild cry and bitch more then anyone i've ever seen when I 'steal' there slots when they claim and i jump off my ride and stable it. ask the whiny bitch gonzolas or what ever his name is.

also do a forum search for selling stable slots this is the only post that shows up. I have never seen someone buy a stable slot ever.

search my old posts your find ive given newbs houses, gold, what ever don't mean shit has nothing to do with what were talking about here.

to anyone else selling stables slot you are also dicks.
.... when you just have to ask for any slot if you need it, you mean? =) for now i see only one person complaining.

Just got my coffee ready, i then go for serious things. Have a nice day or whatsoever. :)