Blacksmithy

Cado

Blacksmithy

Post by Cado »

I started a blacksmith so the guild could have one for repairs and access to armor/weapons. I read the guide on this site for blacksmithy and it looks like it's going to require a ton of ingots...posts state anywhere from 35k-55k base amount (not including smelting items) to reach GM. And I thought I was doing good when I had just under a 1000 ingots lol!

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on how best to raise blacksmithy...as far as I'm concerned it's not a race, but it would be nice to be able to craft exceptional chain.

He'll also do bow crafting (2 of my bows are archer types) and Tinkering.

I've been doing some mining to get started...but even with mining macros it's a time consuming process. My ingot returns on smelting ore is not too bad, but expecting it to be better as I get higher mining skill.

Not sure what level of blacksmithy is needed to repair exceptional armor...this seems as important if not more important than actually crafting weapons/armor.

Anyway...just letting you know and if anyone has insight or advise it would be appreciated.

benny-

Re: Blacksmithy

Post by benny- »

Good work on the smith man. It'll be nice to have one in the guild, even if just for repairs....you have no idea how often I junk good sets of armor cause I just can't get it repaired, heh.

Really tho, I have no idea when it comes to crafters. I have an alchemist an that's it. Just something I never got into I guess. Anyway, good luck man!
- Elisud

Pirul

Re: Blacksmithy

Post by Pirul »

I GMed a Smith back in OSI days, and the way I did it was to go with weps (I believe cutlasses) up to around 65, from then I just did armour, coifs, then plate gorgets and gloves, smelting everything. I'll gladly give you more detail once I get back.

I also have two nice mining houses I can co-own you to if you need a secluded mining spot.

Also, I'd work mining way up (like GM up) to get better smelting before working on smithing.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay