Help I'm Stuck - Era accuracy and Not correct

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Help I'm Stuck - Era accuracy and Not correct

Post by Duke Jones »

Perhaps a system could be in place during the time any GMs were on:

Anyone who pages an "I'm stuck" request had a random chance of summoning a GM on duty. If you are found abusing the stuck system, you get a warning, if it happens repeatedly, you are banned.

You don't have to police EVERY person, you just have to show the community that there are chances of of being punished for exploiting the system.

And in regard to getting stuck on islands: during OSI there was a time where I was fishing and walked onto the plank to fish while the boat was moving.
I didn't notice that there was a small island on the edge of my screen...
I popped onto the shore of the island as my boat sailed away.

I was like,
(0_O)
"I'm a cast away!!!!"

As a social experiment, I waited on the island to see how long it would take another player on a boat to find me. I even made carpentry box "hut" using the trees and my axe & tools I had on me. I even spelled "SOS" in campfires on the shore. Of course, I had plenty of fish steaks to eat. A few afternoons later, someone did find me and picked me up and sailed me to Brit. It was the best day ever.

"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:I recently copied over map0.mul from the official 5.0.8.x or whatever, but there's still issues. In the Hedge Maze, particularly, I recalled off of a rune in a library to get there and I was stuck in place (kind of in the floor). It took me 15 minutes to find a spot I could teleport to, due to line-of-sight issues, and presumably map issues as well.
Off topic I know, but you might be able to delete/rename/move your verdata0.mul to fix that.
Interesting... I will try this tonight. For some reason, I thought I would have need it to replace it with a new one or something.

Anyways, thanks - I'll back up that file, delete it, and see what happens.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

I dont know if this could be coded or not, but perhaps im stuck could have 2 options.

1. move a player 2-3 tiles in a direction. Perhaps with a 60 second delay. (Is this even possible to code? with things like house break ins and other exploits in mind?)
2. move to town, 30-60 minute wait. (1 per 24 hours)

Note: If either of these options are chosen a player will become visable and drop to the ground anything he is holding on his mouse (so no im stucks to get out of IDOCs while hidden or house breaks ins), and option is not available if you are overloaded...

I think Derrick has mentioned in the past that the system is there to ease the strain on GM's and when there is no coverage. It is intended to be more of a staff tool than a player tool.

All that being said... I think most people use the system as intended. IMHO they outnumber the exploiters a good bit.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

valheru wrote:I dont expect this thread to get much support, nobody wants era accuracy when it bothers their style of gameplay.
You know, your words rubbed me the wrong way. So I was curious to know if you are one of those pathetic human beings with no friends or social skills that gets their security by being total dicks on the internet, or just plain bi-polar. So I checked all of your previous posts on these forums, from the consistency of your snide attitude, I knew you could not be bi-polar, so I come to the conclusion you are a complete jackass. Although your knowledge is sound, you make me nauseous with your arrogance and lack of appreciation. Keep it up, and you'll start getting the cold shoulder and boy who cried wolf treatment. I believe several other members have already replied to many of your posts with that very idea.

Get over yourself.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

orionsune wrote:
valheru wrote:I dont expect this thread to get much support, nobody wants era accuracy when it bothers their style of gameplay.
You know, your words rubbed me the wrong way. So I was curious to know if you are one of those pathetic human beings with no friends or social skills that gets their security by being total dicks on the internet, or just plain bi-polar. So I checked all of your previous posts on these forums, from the consistency of your snide attitude, I knew you could not be bi-polar, so I come to the conclusion you are a complete jackass. Although your knowledge is sound, you make me nauseous with your arrogance and lack of appreciation. Keep it up, and you'll start getting the cold shoulder and boy who cried wolf treatment. I believe several other members have already replied to many of your posts with that very idea.

Get over yourself.
Um... yeah...

You just cant make up satire like this...

But none the less, Can we stay on topic and avoid personal attacks?
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

valheru

Post by valheru »

orionsune wrote:

Get over yourself.

checked all of my posts? "pathetic human beings with no friends or social skills". How Ironic.

First off, this is the suggestions forum, NOT the trash talk forum. Keep this drivel away from this forum else risk a ban from the forum, simple as that.
orionsune wrote:
What is wrong with this post? It is the TRUTH. If you've been around nearly as long as I have (way over a year), you'd know that 95% of the time people ask for neutral or beneficial accuracy changes. Very few people ask for, or support, era accuracy changes that hurt/nerf them. This is a fact, it is not opinion, and it is not an attack on anyone.

It's a simple FACT that few people support/request era accuracy changes when they are nerfing/negative in manner.

This shard is about era accuracy, NOT about "only era accuracy if it helps me!!!!!!!!!"

BTW, your post made YOU look like the total moron, idiot, and socially inept internet badboy. Moron.

Now let's get back on topic, shall we?

valheru

Post by valheru »

Hoots wrote:
valheru wrote:
Robot wrote:Just make me a counselor and i'll just go pick everyone up and we can pretend the stuck option doesn't exist.
Or have more counselors and get rid of the help option....
you know counselors are Volunteers and this is a free shard dont you?

I always find it entertaining when people with no gold coins under their names call for and request more human interaction on a free shard....

Maybe your post was tongue in cheek, regardless people need remember this is a free shard when making suggestions and requests. Donater or not...
So a suggestion for more non-paid counselors to help stuck players in order to fix an accuracy issue is WRONG? What does donating have to do with a suggestion to add non-paid volunteers? Let's visit Dictionary.com...
vol⋅un⋅teer
noun
2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.
without pay. so tell me how money factors into this request? and just because you donate, your words on he suggestion forums carry no more weight than mine do.

Let's not forget that this is an accuracy forum, not a trash talk forum. You are the one out of line, not I.

Hopefully Derrick deletes both of our posts, your original post, and my response.

Please keep this thread ON TOPIC. Thank you, sir.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:I recently copied over map0.mul from the official 5.0.8.x or whatever, but there's still issues. In the Hedge Maze, particularly, I recalled off of a rune in a library to get there and I was stuck in place (kind of in the floor). It took me 15 minutes to find a spot I could teleport to, due to line-of-sight issues, and presumably map issues as well.
Off topic I know, but you might be able to delete/rename/move your verdata0.mul to fix that.
So, turns out I don't have a verdata0.mul in the first place :-)

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

valheru wrote: Let's not forget that this is an accuracy forum, not a trash talk forum. You are the one out of line, not I.

Hopefully Derrick deletes both of our posts, your original post, and my response.

Im not trash talking Kefka. You suggested more counselors... I was simply pointing out that i disagree with this suggestion. (That goes for all debates...Tourney AFK'ers, macro police, quests, etc. etc.)

I just dont think it is fair to suggest/request/demand/expect ANY human interaction on a free shard. I think alot of people over look that bc OSI had paid counselors.

What we get from Derrick and his staff is top notch as far as im concerned. Not fair to ask for more IMHO.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Counselors were all volunteers. :wink:

One of the rules for a counselor was that you were not allowed to have any other character on the shard for the account that had the counselor character on.

Only Gamemasters were paid by OSI.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Adding to the list of "annoying places to get legitimately stuck" is when you teleport to a spot (Terathan Keep, the bull area outside Delucia, etc) and die. I got PKed in a spot amongst trees outside Delucia that you cannot get out of without the Teleport spell... which is not available while dead :-) I'd rather not have to wait for a GM to move me, or wait an hour to play again, or never play that character again unless I find some kind soul on IRC willing to come there and ressurect me.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Mikel123 wrote:Adding to the list of "annoying places to get legitimately stuck" is when you teleport to a spot (Terathan Keep, the bull area outside Delucia, etc) and die. I got PKed in a spot amongst trees outside Delucia that you cannot get out of without the Teleport spell... which is not available while dead :-) I'd rather not have to wait for a GM to move me, or wait an hour to play again, or never play that character again unless I find some kind soul on IRC willing to come there and ressurect me.
Id say tough sh1t on these... If you goto a known stuck spot and die then i think you deserve to wait... You are in the stuck spot bc it benifits you... Risk/reward. IMHO

valheru

Post by valheru »

Hoots wrote:
valheru wrote: Let's not forget that this is an accuracy forum, not a trash talk forum. You are the one out of line, not I.

Im not trash talking Kefka. You suggested more counselors... I was simply pointing out that i disagree with this suggestion. (That goes for all debates...Tourney AFK'ers, macro police, quests, etc. etc.)

I just dont think it is fair to suggest/request/demand/expect ANY human interaction on a free shard. I think alot of people over look that bc OSI had paid counselors.

What we get from Derrick and his staff is top notch as far as im concerned. Not fair to ask for more IMHO.
Requesting is one thing, demanding is another. I don't think there is any problem whatsoever with requesting, kindly, that it may help the shard if there were some non-paid volunteer counselors to answer stuck pages etc.

This would not really add anymore work for Derrick. He would just have to find some volunteers which would do so. The volunteers would be the ones doing the work, not Derrick.

Requesting a counselor on the shard is nothing more than what research volunteers already do. Players, including I, sometimes spend countless hours researching accuracy issues and posting that information on the forum. This is nothing more than what a counselor would do, aka, volunteer work.

are you also stating that it's not ok for people to do t2a accuracy research because it's a free shard? I fail to see your point of view.

p.s. communication on this forum is a form of human interaction, shall we all stop posting?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hoots wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:Adding to the list of "annoying places to get legitimately stuck" is when you teleport to a spot (Terathan Keep, the bull area outside Delucia, etc) and die. I got PKed in a spot amongst trees outside Delucia that you cannot get out of without the Teleport spell... which is not available while dead :-) I'd rather not have to wait for a GM to move me, or wait an hour to play again, or never play that character again unless I find some kind soul on IRC willing to come there and ressurect me.
Id say tough sh1t on these... If you goto a known stuck spot and die then i think you deserve to wait... You are in the stuck spot bc it benifits you... Risk/reward. IMHO
Maybe... I dunno... I don't think it should be a prerequisite for going to a spot like that to have (a) a second account, and (b) a character on one of those accounts who can ressurect. Or (c) a friend who you can IM/PM/IRC to ressurect you, just in case some douche comes by and wants to increase his kill count by 1. I do have (a) and (b), so it's not an issue for me. But that's just because I like making a ton of characters. I have 12 characters I'm building out right now, whereas it seems like most players stick to just a couple, or even just one when they're first starting out.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

valheru wrote:
Hoots wrote:

Requesting is one thing, demanding is another. I don't think there is any problem whatsoever with requesting, kindly, that it may help the shard if there were some non-paid volunteer counselors to answer stuck pages etc.

This would not really add anymore work for Derrick. He would just have to find some volunteers which would do so. The volunteers would be the ones doing the work, not Derrick.

Requesting a counselor on the shard is nothing more than what research volunteers already do. Players, including I, sometimes spend countless hours researching accuracy issues and posting that information on the forum. This is nothing more than what a counselor would do, aka, volunteer work.

are you also stating that it's not ok for people to do t2a accuracy research because it's a free shard? I fail to see your point of view.

p.s. communication on this forum is a form of human interaction, shall we all stop posting?
Moving a player (or any game object) is a great power that should not just be handed out. Companions on this shard cannot move or tele any player or objects. GM's have to help you. GM's have limited time and I would much rather have them developing the shard or improving tournies or researching accuracy then popping around un-stucking people.

as i believe i have told you before. Im not going to argue symantics with someone who wont acknowledge common sense.... So i wont address the last part of your post.