MyUOSA Longterm Counts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kefka

MyUOSA Longterm Counts

Post by Kefka »

I'm suggesting that the MyUOSA webpage should NOT display longterm murder counts under the "lifetime kills" stat.

Being able to view your longterm murders was not allowed during this period in game, and there should be NO tool to allow someone to view it out of game. This is not era accurate and caters to trammies that are afraid of becoming red.

Please switch it back to total murders and not longterm murders. This shouldn't even be up for debate, it's not era accurate, and all it's doing is appeasing blue PKs.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: MyUOSA Longterm Counts

Post by Biohazard »

Kefka wrote:I'm suggesting that the MyUOSA webpage should NOT display longterm murder counts under the "lifetime kills" stat.

Being able to view your longterm murders was not allowed during this period in game, and there should be NO tool to allow someone to view it out of game. This is not era accurate and caters to trammies that are afraid of becoming red.

Please switch it back to total murders and not longterm murders. This shouldn't even be up for debate, it's not era accurate, and all it's doing is appeasing blue PKs.

This would be a moot point if ping-pong'ing existed. Which I think it should.
Era accuracy dictates that it should.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Biohazard wrote:
Kefka wrote:I'm suggesting that the MyUOSA webpage should NOT display longterm murder counts under the "lifetime kills" stat.

whether it exists or not you should not be able to view your longterm counts. period.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Agreed. I also feel the "Online Now" should be removed as well.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

On that note, very little of it is era accurate including the tourney stats. But, at the same time, isn't the goal to reproduce an era accurate shard? The myuosa is not 'the shard'.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Didn't OSI have a searchable playerbase that showed the top skills of players?

Removing the ability to see longterm kills is important.

Lifetime kills should not be a problem though.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

They did, but I also remember being able to see your murders if you had a public character
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:They did, but I also remember being able to see your murders if you had a public character
I dont remember this at all.

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I went looking but sadly no one seems to have a public Profile on UO. Needle in a haystack so to speak. We mandated all our members to have a Public Profile for skill checks and the such and I'm pretty positive it was on there.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Kefka wrote:
Biohazard wrote:

whether it exists or not you should not be able to view your longterm counts. period.

There was some things you could view on a character page on osi... though im unsure what that consisted of.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

I'm pretty certain you could not view your longterm murder counts.

It used to only show lifetime counts, i have NO idea why it was switched. Maybe to appease the people that cried about the ingame command being taken away to view longterms? Either way, i'm pretty sure it's not accurate.

if you can view longterms on the website, and short terms on the bounty board, then WHY was the "i wish to consider my sins" method of viewing your counts EVER removed?

The bounty boards may be accurate, but the website? I don't think so.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

You were never able to view longterm murder counts via MyUO. 100% positive.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Xukluk Tuguznal wrote:I went looking but sadly no one seems to have a public Profile on UO. Needle in a haystack so to speak. We mandated all our members to have a Public Profile for skill checks and the such and I'm pretty positive it was on there.

that was a feature under "myuo" where u had to log in and then u could see all ur skills, not just the GM ones. not really sure about being able to see murder counts tho.

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

I am 99% sure you could never see your murder counts. I think we desperately need removal of long-term myUOSA and ping-pong.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I'm newb! What is this ping-pong you speak of?