Human casters

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bigcheez

Human casters

Post by bigcheez »

Human casters (Wandering healers, hirelings, etc..) should have power words when casting a spell. I *think* this is how it was, and even if it wasn't I believe it should be added.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Great suggestion. We can do this, look for it this weekend.

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

I'm pretty positive they never had words of power before. And I don't really see the reason why it should be added. Enlighten me?

bigcheez

Post by bigcheez »

I guess I was wrong, here is an image from '97 that I've been trying to look for.

I still think seeing a human cast a spell without power words looks funny to me... It may be because I am used to all of the other player-ran shards. Player characters are humans and we can see their power words, whats so different between human NPCs and players?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Well it was added in last night's patch, It's going to be active today and I'll likely be taking it off in the morning. Accurracy is what we have going for us so even though it's neat, I don't want to put a buch of wierd stuff in that the old-school players are going to find to be wrong.

Thanks for looking into this Cheez

I don't know why they never had it, I suspect however that the old OSI code is a lot less structured and expansable than the RunUO code. That's likely the reason OSI has so many more exploit problems then RunUO as well.

In RunUO there really is little difference internally between NPC's and Players, except they are quite a big dumber.