This is not your chest...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

This is not your chest...

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I thought only locked down containers inside houses cannot be tinker trapped. Is it era accurate to be able to trap spawning chests or other empties? I figured this would be a good thing to implement when you patch magically trapping dungeon doors.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: This is not your chest...

Post by Kraarug »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I thought only locked down containers inside houses cannot be tinker trapped. Is it era accurate to be able to trap spawning chests or other empties? I figured this would be a good thing to implement when you patch magically trapping dungeon doors.
It is era accurate to trap other chests.

Also, in era, you could place things into other containers. The items would decay as if they were left on the ground and this included items that spawned inside them like bacon and other semis.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Yes, you should be able to trap boxes in dungeons. Also, some percentage of boxes that spawn in dungeons should be able to be magic unlocked. The top murderer in the era on Atlantic was Tinkerbell, who would trap boxes at all of the major spawns. He would get me every once in a while in level 3 Deceit, because those boxes were just too tempting to look in when you're waiting for liches and ghouls to respond.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Fwerp wrote:Yes, you should be able to trap boxes in dungeons. Also, some percentage of boxes that spawn in dungeons should be able to be magic unlocked. The top murderer in the era on Atlantic was Tinkerbell, who would trap boxes at all of the major spawns. He would get me every once in a while in level 3 Deceit, because those boxes were just too tempting to look in when you're waiting for liches and ghouls to respond.
On Chessy is was Nuclear Engineer :D

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

So can this be fixed to its former glory then?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Respawn not respond =P.

I am sure it will happen eventually, but I don't think it's Derrick's top priority this moment.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I think thats a bigger priority then being able to magic trap doors.. :?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

I agree that his is something that is inmportant to T2A however this change is much more intense than the simple code to allow magic trapping of doors.

From what I understand, RunUO was developed well after many of the basic T2A 'features' we'd like to see put in place were nerfed away. Much has been built upon these post T2A changes, such as item decay.

It would seem that allowing people to use public chests may require a modification to the core and thus would be an intense change.

Looks at the morning for instance. A change was made to help stop client crashes but resulted in some whacky stuff.

It seems Derrick priorities are
"Game Playability and Connection #1"
"Pressing Mechanic Issues #2"
"Pressing Content Issues #3"

With small and easy to fix items peppered throughout the patches.

In short, I'd like to see this fixed however I'm not going to be upset if things like how stacked item count is displayed is fixed first because it's a low hanging fruit.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, this is very accurate.
The magic trapping of doors is a little bit less complex, as the decay of the items inside the chests is the problem, while not nearly insurmountable it'll take some time.

I do have a tendency to fix the easy stuff first :) (peppered was a good term)

Thanks for the post, we'll try and get these fixes in soon.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Thanks, I know it's alot of work. I wasn't just referring to spawning chests either, and quite frankly as long as I am clear on how things work I am good.

It's when you hear all this conflicting information that things tend to get quite frustrating.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I imagine it is. I'm not eintirely clear on what can or cannot be trapped right now either. I know that a change was made a couple months ago to allow in town boxes to be trapped, but even having coded that, I don't recall the details.

I will aim to make the in world boxes completely accurate in a coprehensive patch in the near future.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."