Ancient Wyrm poison and reflect

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Ancient Wyrm poison and reflect

Post by Mikel123 »

I don't recall this at all. I'm sure it was found in one of the UO Stratics Hunter's Guides or something, but I don't recall it ever being accurate. I think a lot of the info in those guides comes from fairly non-sophisticated players getting smoked by a monster and then coming back with some overly dramatic story about the event. Much like a nightmare has "8th level magery" in there... I don't believe AWs ever had poisoned talons, nor did they have magic reflect up all the time.

Faust

Re: Ancient Wyrm poison and reflect

Post by Faust »

Those abilities are listed on the Stratics '99 web site.

Who knows if it's really true or not though. The Stratics information in the hunter's guide was pretty accurate down to many specifics for creatures. So it's hard to tell what really was the case in this situation.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

AW is SOOO easy, I kill it in 3 minutes, no joke.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It takes me about 25 seconds, if that. This is not a complaint about how they should be easier to kill. I distinctly remember them being a lot more difficult, mostly because I remember 90-pt firebreaths at full health. Derrick is of the belief that the current HPs of the AW are accurate (my guess is, 1000-1100 HPs, given about a 50 to 55-pt firebreath).

But, regardless of the health, I also distinctly remember them not having poison claws and not having this weird semi-permanent Magic Reflect on. That's my point.

Faust

Post by Faust »

It is a little hard to argue actual OSI code for their stats being inaccurate son.