Suggestion

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Paroxysmus

Suggestion

Post by Paroxysmus »

I honestly feel like this is a legit suggestion, if its unrealistic to this shard then feel free to delete. I know this shard is all about era accuracy and thats what I really enjoy about it.And I hate uog hybrid, but the one thing i loved was the poker tables. It brought such another fun element to UO. It doesn't effect gameplay at all either, only transfers gold around. T2A era was fantastic, but the fact that we strive to have this shard exactly like one era means never any change. Nothing wrong with that but it can get stale every now and then, why not add something else for people to do? Plus maybe if its placed on top of brit bank or something it'll actually bring some "active" players to the bank. Just a thought cuz its the only thing I miss from that dreadful shard.
Image Against all odds. War us.

MustardCat

Re: Suggestion

Post by MustardCat »

If it's not era accurate it's not going to happen.

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

MustardCat wrote:If it's not era accurate it's not going to happen.

I know its a long shot, but i spent countless hours on those tables, happy times, awful times (Swore and hung up on my girlfriend after losing 10 mil in a hand lol) and I miss it.
Last edited by Paroxysmus on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MustardCat

Post by MustardCat »

Runebooks are era accurate, it's in the stickys.

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

Well what about the events? There was no CTF and the such, they do it to add to the fun. Poker tables would be the same kinda ordeal.

MustardCat

Post by MustardCat »

This shard would go to shit in no time if Derrick started adding custom stuff every time a player suggests something, and he knows it. If he does it once the precedent is set and other people would start demanding their own "fun" idea is implemented. (Or should I say their idea of fun.) Before you know it we would have this:

Seriously, lets not even go there....

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

somewhere over the rainbow??

Faust

Post by Faust »

My eyes are bleeding after seeing this...

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

Ok well your comparing apples and oranges with that pic. Thats trammel to the max. How does that compare with poker?? UO players have always been so predictable... its funny, alittle sad, yet funny.

MustardCat

Post by MustardCat »

Paroxysmus wrote:Ok well your comparing apples and oranges with that pic. Thats trammel to the max. How does that compare with poker?? UO players have always been so predictable... its funny, alittle sad, yet funny.
Don't act thick, you know exactly what I was getting at. This shard aims for era accuracy, YOU can't have your little non accurate addition because then EVERYONE will want their own little addition...

Paroxysmus

Post by Paroxysmus »

But not every addition will help the shard. This is no different than the daily events. No different in any way. The same T2A shard will still be going with no interruption except wait for it... maybe an increase to playerbase???? Yeah that definitely is a bad idea, i see where your coming from. If we want to be so accurate take out the daily events. OSI had events but not those. SO take them out according to your thinking.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

$$$ and DarkRadiance both run card games
get in contact with them or run your own poker games.
This isnt somthing admin needs to get involved with
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

I agree. We already have card games. Never underestimate what players can do on their side with a little ingenuity and will to want something.

...Which, unfortunately could be good OR bad. :-/
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Other unmentioned problem with this idea is the amount of time it would take to code a good card game, and how that time would detract from the development time that should probably be put into finishing up the accurate systems that UOSA still lacks.

Also, as Blackfoot said, a scripted card game steps on the toes of the players who've taken the initiative to run card games on their own. Much the way the scripted tourneys steps on the toes of guilds who run their own tournaments.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

After DFI did a texas holdem game half the population quit and they had to remove it.

Most players gambled away ALL of the gold they had.