Instant House - Help Stuck

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Instant House - Help Stuck

Post by tekai »

Needs a 30 second - 2 minute wait time like going to town. People are currently exploiting its use to run from PKs, leave their house without the risk of opening the door, and house stealthing with 0 risk that the owner can not get a murder count. Those are not accurate gameplay advantages.

I am also guilty of using it to slingshot myself into battle with my pks whenever someone is outside, i shouldnt be able to do that, i should have to open a portal outside.
[broken image]

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Instant House - Help Stuck

Post by Duke Jones »

Well the fact that House Help Stuck works differently than it does outside indicates that someone took the time out to develop it differently so that it was meant to get out of houses fast.

Although it is not era-accurate what was the intent behind house help stuck working differently than outside help stuck when it WAS implemented?

Although I will admit I think I have a bias due to being PKed when a gate spawned in my path when I was running through Brit. Popped up in a strange tower locked behind tables and couldn't move.

Registered about a 8.7 on the Cowardly&Lame Gameplay-O-Meter.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Killing people with gates may seem lame, but its an accurate and very effetive tool for destroying pks.

I've died 3 or 4 times on OlmanRiver. two of them were to gate portals. I've also killed several people with gate portals, so it doesnt bother me so much when it happens to me.

Help stuck is I believe a default thing in RUNUO that derrick didnt really mess with becuase people were not exploiting it. Now they are.

Its becoming common knowledge for stealthers to have the "help stuck" box open already before they even go into a gate. This is wrong! and imo more so on the "lame-o-meter" then attempting to set up a sting and kill someone with a gate portal. If you go through my gate, im going to kill you. If i have to take a count I will, but half the time people recall as soon as they show up on the doorstep. thats not era accurate gameplay.
[broken image]

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

if its your house you can just use the "remove thyself" command

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Nice tip, although this is more about people being in other peoples houses.
[broken image]

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

tekai wrote:Needs a 30 second - 2 minute wait time like going to town. People are currently exploiting its use to run from PKs, leave their house without the risk of opening the door, and house stealthing with 0 risk that the owner can not get a murder count. Those are not accurate gameplay advantages.

I am also guilty of using it to slingshot myself into battle with my pks whenever someone is outside, i shouldnt be able to do that, i should have to open a portal outside.

how is this directed at others in a house? the owner and friends of the house can use the "remove thyself" on themselves

Scammer Free Trade Room

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

but i can see how unwanted players can use this once being caught inside someones house

i was looking at this topic from the wrong direction

a delay would be helpful

Scammer Free Trade Room

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

If this is going to be fixed, it should be fixed to be 100% accurate, ie no delay and no function.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Elaborate please?
[broken image]

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Using help --> stuck in your house should give you the same function as using it outside your house.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

The one thing with that though, is more people would have to page for being stuck. I'm not sure what polocy derrick would come up with. a 30 second - 2 minute timer to doorstep would solve everything imo.
[broken image]

Faust

Post by Faust »

I agree Eulogy.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Eulogy wrote:Using help --> stuck in your house should give you the same function as using it outside your house.

x2 altho as someone said removing thyself results in same outcome as long as its your own house.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

I believe there is a difference in the two options to avoid holding a 20,000 stone chest in your hand while you watch seconds ticking away waiting for your free loot-tele to town.

I know miners "exploit" this function with big piles of ore as is...

I dont know how hard it would be to drop whatever a player is holding or not let them use the options if overloaded.
Last edited by Hoots on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Hoots wrote:I believe there is a difference in the two options to avoid holding a 20,000 stone chest in your hand while you watch seconds ticking away waiting for your free loot-tele to town.
Oh! good catch on that one.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."