Server Wars.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Server Wars.

Post by Alex21 »

30 minutes is far to long an amount of time for the server to e in a semi shut down state.

I believe 5 minutes would be more then suficent,

It is just that it is annoying that 30 minutes of playable time are wasted, I had 30 minutes before i was about to nod off, Then server wars.

Any way just a suggestion.

bigcheez

Post by bigcheez »

I would also say to have it at night rather than in the morning so macro'ers don't get screwed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The thing I always used server wars was for things like testing moving houses around, like "Can I remove these two houses and fit a tower in here?". That's why I set it to 30, to give time for things like that. I think we need a poll to decide on a good time for the server to go down. We initially had it set to be around 2:30 am which was not working for people. It's possible however they didn't know how fast it was going to be back.

Another note on the Server Wars, back in the day it was about an hour and a half revert every night and there was no warning. It was anyones guess in the am hours whether what they were doing would be saved or not.

With no objections, I'll set server wars to 15 minutes.

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

I liked the server wars as 30 minutes, Last time I was using them to tests something, I finished what I was doing with only minutes to spare. A large amount of the playerbase is australian, and there are a few scattered about the globe. Setting it at any time is going to be inconvient it some. You set it mid-day, the people macroing at work are screwed. You set it at night, when everyone is on and it's annyoing. Set it late night, it's main play time for the australian players. It'll always be a problem. The 7:00-7:30 worked well enough, It seemed to be the cool down spot for a lot of people.

Besides, if you're that worried about your macroing characters getting booted, set an alarm. It wouldn't kill you to wake up for two minutes to reset everything then go back to sleep.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, it certainly will be hard to please every one. I guess we'll have to take a poll on both the restart time and on the server wars length and do a weighted average of the results.