Lich/Deceit accuracy suggestion! ID wands....

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
virtue

Lich/Deceit accuracy suggestion! ID wands....

Post by virtue »

[I apologize for the image size, it stretched the page]

Hail! I would first like to thank the staff and Derrick for a wonderful shard. I've brought 5 new players just yesterday, all old schoolers from 1998.

Please hear out my post, it's regarding era accuracy with some of the monster spawns in Deceit as well as ID wand drops. = )

So I was in deceit killing liches and after killing many I noticed that none dropped wands but only non-magic gnarled staves. I remember liches being a great source for ID wands and ID gnarled staves back in 1998. Now they didn't drop every time and you had to kill a couple, maybe 8-10 to get one. But they did drop, this is era accurate. I noticed this after I looked for ID wands all over the shard's player vendors because no liches were dropping any, NO ONE had them. It seems like they are more rare than power and vanq weapons, this isn't right. Liches used to drop wands and staves that were sometimes magic, not always. Sometimes they were ID wands, most of the time they weren't. Just to give you an idea of what the loot looked like. I remember having to click the wands and staves to see if any were magic. Then I had to use it to see if it was an ID wand. Sometimes they were plain wands, sometimes they were magic and sometimes the magic ones were ID wands/gnarled staves.

Someone suggested that I do tmaps for ID wands as that's the best place, but I'm not a tmapper. I remember getting ID wands from mobs, especially liches. This needs to be fixed! There is no reason to have to become a tmapper, since it's era accurate to get these from liches.

Also I'd like to point out that as I was strolling through deceit and I noticed that the lich spawn was lacking in many parts of the dungeon.

I am going by my memory, one of my fondest memories in UO was killing liches with silver weapons being ready to recall whenever a pk squad came.

I can see why deceit is dead, there's not any reason for a dexer to go there because there are better spawns than this. We need to fix deceit! It's missing literally 4 lich spawns!

Please discuss this, here's some screenshots of the places that need liches. Believe me, I remember this...I've killed many liches before.

Last edited by virtue on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Lich/Deceit accuracy suggestion! ID wands....

Post by BlackFoot »

i remember the top photo
cant say for the rest
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

virtue

Post by virtue »

BlackFoot wrote:i remember the top photo
cant say for the rest
I remember all of those spawns because back in 1998 there would be 2-3 dexers in that spot near the fire elemental and lava. Each dexer would hold down "their spawn".

Sometimes I would get lucky and there would be no one so I'd go through each spawn(all 3) with my silver and bank some gold 8)

Right now there is only like 1 lich spawn in that particular place, that's totally inaccurate. And of course we need the other 2 spawns spawning 1 lich each also.

So there's terrathan keep and double balron spawns, I think we need to help deceit out alittle because it can't compete with t2a. T2a has fat loot :mrgreen:

Please whoever remembers help us get this bill passed, I don't have any sources...just my amazing memory.

PS: Does anyone remember there being double lich lords in the LL room or was that UOR? Just wondering.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I remember most of these myself.
One of the reasons our spawns are a little sparse is some area is simply due to the number of players, they were intended to be ramped up. I've corrected some errors from above. Some of the spawns are rotating spawns, and were actually spawning in those locations, just were spawned elsewhere at the time. I came into the hallway behind the fire elementals for example to find it littered with lich corpses.

Thanks much for the post!

I'll look at the wand/staff drop rate on liches too, these are intended to be a good source of wands.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

The first picture currently spawns, but it splits with the room just past your third picture. So the lich spawns, pretty quickly, in one of those two rooms.

I do remember a lich spawning in that little well.

As for the fire elemental room, I think a lich does spawn in the room to the side of that lava river... but it's a slow spawn, so no one is ever there.

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

A little off-topic but Ophidians are a great source of ID wands in my experience. A bit of a nightmare to farm on a dexxer though with the poison from the Knight Errants & Avengers.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

you must have gotten there after someone killed them.

Lich spawns in first room and the Fire ele room spawns eles aswell. I have killed them there.

The downstairs room I remember having a fire ele or 2 in from peaple leading them from the fire ele room. I do remember a lich down there in UOR.

I do remember the one in the hallway lol

Faust

Post by Faust »

This lich spawn was/is a semi-instant rotating spawn that corresponds with the southern area north of the last level entrance steps. I'm not sure what Derrick did since I haven't had a chance to test this but the way it was working previously was correct and accurate with the '99 era spawns back in the day.

This spawn here is also no different than the one above but the secondary location is the small southwestern room inside of the fire element location on the last level of Deceit.

Both of these spawns were precise before this post.

This is one of the only problems that seems to be wrong in your post. The lich that spawns here was on a very long timer somewhere around a 20-60 minutes range. There were 4 known timers that are documented to exist and it was one of the higher two upper values.

I think we need a little more evidence to prove this... I don't ever recall two fire elementals ever being in this location. This was a common farming spot for my dexer with the western lich location in that room and never once remember seeing two fire elementals. I even farmed the fire's back in pre-t2a and don't ever recall it.

I have seen numerous screenshots of this location during the '99 era and all of them only have ONE fire elemental...

What server did you play on OSI too?

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

faust, i can tell you for certain there were 2 fire eles in that spot on chesapeake. i farmed this area frequently myself. maybe it was different for some servers though. i may have screen shots to prove this. ill look on my old HDD when i get home later.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Only Euro and Japanese shards had slightly different spawns from my experiences. For example, Drachenfels and other Euro shards had two lich lords and a lich in the Lich Lord room. I have also seen screenshots that proved this back on DFI:T2A too.

The U.S spawns were all the same.

Krats

Post by Krats »

ClowN wrote:faust, i can tell you for certain there were 2 fire eles in that spot on chesapeake. i farmed this area frequently myself. maybe it was different for some servers though. i may have screen shots to prove this. ill look on my old HDD when i get home later.
Great Lakes, I remember this as well (sadly my memory is poluted with UO:R as well)
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

The fire eles were there a week ago. I was killing them. Odd that they are not there now?

virtue

Post by virtue »

I played Lake Superior.

I am okay with having a rotation for that whole part, but it needs to have more than 1 lich. At least 2....

3 as I remember was OSI accurate. And I mean 3 lich spawns in that whole area.

1 spawning in the small square room, the hallway, and the other room that is to the north of the lava room.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There was only one lich in each rotating spawn that was on a semi-instant based timer. This means once you kill one there is a 50% chance it may spawn in the same location or the alternate route. This was the way the spawn worked on OSI in which we are replicating the t2a era here.

This means there were 3 liches in total and one being a stray on a non-rotating spawn that spawned in the middle pit.

Here is the proof in regard to the fire elemental room where it would be very premature to jump into conclusions that there were more than one without any evidence to support this claim.
SNAP0648.JPG
SNAP0648.JPG (102.56 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
SNAP0647.JPG
SNAP0647.JPG (90.75 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
SNAP0129.JPG
SNAP0129.JPG (109.26 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
There are seven pictures from the Pre:UOR time periods that ALWAYS shows one fire elemental in this room. The rest of them will be below since there is a limit of 3 per post... I have no doubt that those of you whom are remembering there being two are simply mistaking a different era such as the UOR time period for example. There is no reason to prematurely change this spawn without any evidence to support the claims in my opinion.

ClowN wrote:faust, i can tell you for certain there were 2 fire eles in that spot on chesapeake. i farmed this area frequently myself. maybe it was different for some servers though. i may have screen shots to prove this. ill look on my old HDD when i get home later.
These screenshots were taken on Chesapeake...

Faust

Post by Faust »

Second group of pictures due to the 3 per limit that was just extended...
SNAP0700.JPG
SNAP0700.JPG (113.26 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
SNAP0701.JPG
SNAP0701.JPG (112.95 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
SNAP0766.JPG
SNAP0766.JPG (110.9 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
snap0995.jpg
snap0995.jpg (106.06 KiB) Viewed 5210 times