T2A Accuracy: Progress and Discussion

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nickhimself

Re: T2A Accuracy: Progress and Discussion

Post by nickhimself »

One house per account.

Ooompa Loompa

Post by Ooompa Loompa »

The elder zombie quest last night was awesome....thanks Derrick!!! I'm not sure how many people got in on it, but I think the more of these you do the more word will get out and more people will try to participate. The reds running aroudn the Brit GY added a fun challenge to it lol.

Artulk

Post by Artulk »

Well, I have a suggestion.

It isn't t2a accurate, but just a suggestion. In my opinion it will in no way adversly effect economics or pvp play styles.

I would like to see 1 Mace weapon and 1 Fence weapon with comparative damage and speed to that of the Hally.
This is no way changes pvp. Tank mages still rule. But atleast one could be a tank mage with a "lance" (fencing) or a large wooden "war-maul" (maceing, NO STAMINA OR ARMOR DAMAGE inflicted with it)
This would see a little bit of diversity without damaging pvp. The Hally would no longer rule all by itself, it would share that peak with the 'lance' and 'war-maul' but it doesn't change the era accuarate effectiveness of the Tank Mage. And the Hally still pounds out massive damage like it does now.
There will be a change to the economics, but I don't see it as haveing a significant negative impact. Actually, I think it would have a positive impact. Basically it would bring a little more value to mace and fence weapons, but not more than what swords go for at the moment. Swords still hold an advantage of a larger range of 1h weapons and 2h weapons and the ability to dp over maces.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

I'll reiterate my stance again. In order to move forward with this shard, I believe the emphasis of 'accuracy' and progress should be turned towards not mechanical aspects but towards what the designers of that period were trying to achieve. Any change that may be brought forth should have supporting evidence in the means of related era changes, designer comments, test center proposals, etc, in order to show how it could be seen as being in the 'accuracy' of T2A.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

To implement progress and change, alter the ruleset to different periods of T2A. Keeps the illusion of change, it's rather simple, and most of all it is always accurate.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I'd like to see more events that take place on a daily basis that are not pvp related. Enhanced spawn rate in X dungeon, or stronger monsters... something like that. Anything, really. Once monthly monster bashes and such are too infrequent to keep people coming back.

Those of us who do not participate in pvp events don't feel like there's really anything going on 99% of the time. Unless you go to Blackfoot's weekly dungeon raid. I haven't, but would like to.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

nickhimself wrote:I'd like to see more events that take place on a daily basis that are not pvp related. Enhanced spawn rate in X dungeon, or stronger monsters... something like that. Anything, really. Once monthly monster bashes and such are too infrequent to keep people coming back.

Those of us who do not participate in pvp events don't feel like there's really anything going on 99% of the time. Unless you go to Blackfoot's weekly dungeon raid. I haven't, but would like to.
I second this. Looking at the event schedule, theres a large gap on monday afternoons/evenings, could we have another PvM survival event in there, maybe 17:00?
?

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Caswallon wrote:
nickhimself wrote:I'd like to see more events that take place on a daily basis that are not pvp related. Enhanced spawn rate in X dungeon, or stronger monsters... something like that. Anything, really. Once monthly monster bashes and such are too infrequent to keep people coming back.

I second this. Looking at the event schedule, theres a large gap on monday afternoons/evenings, could we have another PvM survival event in there, maybe 17:00?
Anyone? Considereing the ammount of PvP events, and the recent experimentation with no free use tournys, is this too much to ask?
?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Caswallon wrote:I second this. Looking at the event schedule, theres a large gap on monday afternoons/evenings, could we have another PvM survival event in there, maybe 17:00?
One of the issues with Survival, and the reason we tend to run it earlier in the day is that it just doesn't support very many players, bagball has the same issue.

I'll see what I can do about filling it in some.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

The pirate invasion last night was cool. More things like that, maybe even silly things, like barnyard animals invading brit due to being sick and tired of bards provoking them all day, would be awesome events. It doesn't even have to give any kind of great reward. Something that makes people laugh, or talk about the event later would be awesome.

I'd come to brit to help fight off hundreds of cows, dogs, chickens, and goats.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Derrick wrote:
Caswallon wrote:I second this. Looking at the event schedule, theres a large gap on monday afternoons/evenings, could we have another PvM survival event in there, maybe 17:00?
One of the issues with Survival, and the reason we tend to run it earlier in the day is that it just doesn't support very many players, bagball has the same issue.

I'll see what I can do about filling it in some.
Ah okay, I gotcha. It was just a suggestion, I think theres like an 8 hours gap bewteen 14:00 - 22:00 on a monday is all. :mrgreen:
?

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Orsius wrote:I'll reiterate my stance again. In order to move forward with this shard, I believe the emphasis of 'accuracy' and progress should be turned towards not mechanical aspects but towards what the designers of that period were trying to achieve. Any change that may be brought forth should have supporting evidence in the means of related era changes, designer comments, test center proposals, etc, in order to show how it could be seen as being in the 'accuracy' of T2A.
I don't want this, and I am probably not the only one. If I wanted to play a shard with weird things not native to T2A, there are plenty to choose from.

I choose this shard because of the ruleset and accuracy. For every player you might draw with these changes, you'll risk losing a player like myself.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Einstein wrote: I don't want this, and I am probably not the only one. If I wanted to play a shard with weird things not native to T2A, there are plenty to choose from.

I choose this shard because of the ruleset and accuracy. For every player you might draw with these changes, you'll risk losing a player like myself.
You're right, there are many who feel that way, and that is unfortunate because that means this shard will continue to loop in a frozen segment of time and never progress to anything greater. To play in a world that never changes wasn't Ultima Online, and it definitely wasn't The Second Age. This shard has already been running for approximately double the length of time that The Second Age era even existed and will only become more restricted and limited with every rejection of change.

The Second Age was not numbers and mechanics. It was the culture of the time. The mechanics may be a part of what made The Second Age great, but it was just a part. You shouldn't misunderstand my stance as wanting to remove this part, I'm merely advocating for the search of the rest of them. You can have your spell timers, disrupts, delays, restricted colours, and other particulars, but don't let that chain you to a incomplete version of the age. This shard has found many pieces of the puzzle but it hasn't found all of them yet.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Orsius wrote: You're right, there are many who feel that way, and that is unfortunate because that means this shard will continue to loop in a frozen segment of time and never progress to anything greater. To play in a world that never changes wasn't Ultima Online, and it definitely wasn't The Second Age. This shard has already been running for approximately double the length of time that The Second Age era even existed and will only become more restricted and limited with every rejection of change.
I know, right?!?! Server population is at an all-time high, forum posts are at an all-time high, accuracy is at an all-time high... THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Orsius wrote: You're right, there are many who feel that way, and that is unfortunate because that means this shard will continue to loop in a frozen segment of time and never progress to anything greater.
I sure hope so, because there isn't anything greater than this era in UO. That's why I'm playing a 10 year old game with 2d isometric-viewpoint graphics, a shoddy interface and a color pallet I could display on a Game Boy Advance.

I hated every 'advancement' and change that came after this time period, and I'm certain I will hate every change you want to implement as well.