CTF Event Suggestions

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
skyfire

CTF Event Suggestions

Post by skyfire »

Khronus had a good idea for improving the quality of play for this event. I will let him post about it.

Just felt like starting a thread that may be useful! ;)
- Give me a few more runs through CTF to start contributing to this list.
c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run

skyfire

Post by skyfire »

Credits to Khronus for this suggestion :)

Place a temp skill/stat gain moongate (or other such object, maybe tie it in with the signup book?) that will increase your skills/stats to help add balance to the event. Upon event finish skills/stats will be returned to original value.
run\dos\run

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

skyfire wrote:Credits to Khronus for this suggestion :)

Place a temp skill/stat gain moongate (or other such object, maybe tie it in with the signup book?) that will increase your skills/stats to help add balance to the event. Upon event finish skills/stats will be returned to original value.
This gives people who work at there skills and stats for events at a disadvantage, When anyone can just come in become 7x GM and join in, I know your argument is that the event should be skill based everyone have the same level of skill/ stat, But i find a greater way of proving skill at playing is to gain the skill and stats your self and put time into building a good template, Otherwise anyone could make a character and get minor gains in the skills for a really hard but good pvp template & then use it in the event, I have found that there are no pure pvp templates or characters yet as it would have taken to much time/money/devotion to create them,

I see your point, But do not agree.

skyfire

Post by skyfire »

At the same time, if you have 4 people all near gm on one team (say they were a guild and joined the same team) against 4 50-70'ish skill players, who do you think would win?
run\dos\run

skyfire

Post by skyfire »

Thinking about it..... Maybe instead of gates have the signup book auto assign teams, take the choice away from the player?
run\dos\run

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Well it depends on how good the GM chars are and if they work as a team, But most likely the 70 ish players would loose & have to try harder to GM them self a decent template otherwise they are not ever going to win, I think that is pretty straight forward.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'd considered balancing teams based on skill totals. I have the "choose a team" system in currently with the hopes that players might work out the teams somewhat more fairly than random would be.

We will be running at least one CTF game Tonight and Tomorrow night, maybe more. I took a day off from it because of the low turnout.

The thought that I have on the skill gates is that I really subtracts a little from the pride of building up a character to be competitive.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Yeah, skill gates kind of negates all the work a character has done. If you go into a CTF and win, you can be proud of all the work you've done to make your character well rounded. If everyone gets the same amount of skills/stats, it comes down to which team is better at ganking.

Besides, everyone doesn't have to play. Characters with lower skill levels know what they're getting into when they join.

Keathus

Post by Keathus »

Nevermore wrote:Yeah, skill gates kind of negates all the work a character has done. If you go into a CTF and win, you can be proud of all the work you've done to make your character well rounded. If everyone gets the same amount of skills/stats, it comes down to which team is better at ganking.

Besides, everyone doesn't have to play. Characters with lower skill levels know what they're getting into when they join.
I agree with Nevermore on this. :D