Regional triggers for correct midi, or whatever

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Arkah

Regional triggers for correct midi, or whatever

Post by Arkah »

Is the music not playing right for the right regions? or at all in many cases? Ex: britains theme for britain, forest theme for any wooded area, jungle beats etc. Would be nastalgically awsome to be deeply immersed into the game through the music again.
---
The above is my own opinion
Below is someone elses, or the next chapter

hecho

Re: Regional triggers for correct midi, or whatever

Post by hecho »

Sorry for the thread ressurection, idk if this is appropriate, but I did search for my question and found this topic already, so rather than post about the same thing....
Arkah wrote:Is the music not playing right for the right regions? or at all in many cases? Ex: britains theme for britain, forest theme for any wooded area, jungle beats etc. Would be nastalgically awsome to be deeply immersed into the game through the music again.
THIS. I don't know how MIDI is handled in UOSA's process, but it seems to me that when I'm walking around in-world, all of the game's music is put into a playlist and shuffled. I really enjoy UO's music (even have the soundboard app on my phone for when I want 'dat nostalgia'), so I leave it on, but it's just a little ridiculous when I hear Lord British's castle theme playing while in the woods.

Anyway, that's the only real problem I have with the server, because I do remember playing T2A and having the music cued correctly, and how much that added to the immersion value.

Any acknowledgement of the issue, or information about how field music is set up on UOSA?

Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Excretious »

Ive actually turned music off pretty much for this reason alone. Not complaining in any way because I see uosecondage through "rose colored glasses"

Back in the day though, I used to get pumped when you were at the login screen and this music (link below) was playing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Excretious wrote:Ive actually turned music off pretty much for this reason alone. Not complaining in any way because I see uosecondage through "rose colored glasses"

Back in the day though, I used to get pumped when you were at the login screen and this music (link below) was playing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1gC3BLq2w
I still get high when I see the login chest open upZ
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

qwebirc41039

Post by qwebirc41039 »

yeah i had noticed this aswell

Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Excretious »

bump

because I would love to hear something in the works from Kaivan or Derrick.....

PLEASE FIX OUR MUSIC!!

hecho

Post by hecho »

Looking in my UO folder, I noticed that the music folder is filled with MP3s from the new expansions as opposed to the old MIDIs. Does this mean our music is piped in from the server side? Or are the game music files hidden somewhere?