Houses...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
leaf nut

Houses...

Post by leaf nut »

add marble tall houses n other kinds for more selection...

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

i agree there is nice spots where u can only fit a small house that can only have 1 security container which is not enough if u have a mall... "small house" to "large brick house" or "large house with patio" is a very big space and gold diference, i think we should have more medium houses , maybe even shard custom ones...

*we wanna have a second age style shard but that doesnt mean we shouldnt have new ideas...

skyfire

Post by skyfire »

I disagree.

There was never a need for expanded housing styles in UO. Do it like we did on OSI during t2a and buy a small house, unlock the door, and stick all your vendors inside it. There you have a vendor mall :)
c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Khronus wrote:*we wanna have a second age style shard but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have new ideas...
What we are actually aiming for here is not a T2A style shard, but as accurate a shard as is possible to T2A.

I don't at all mind the discussion on these issues, but Second Age was created to be an Emulation of an Era. This is something that no one else has been able to do, we are the most accurate T2A era shard there is; If we deviate from that we become just like everyone else.

I like some of the new houses too; I love the villa. They were designed primarily to combat housing space issues on the old OSI shards, which were packed. There are plenty of excellent vendor spots in which you can fit a larger house if you desire. Our house placement rules are pretty easy going as they were during the T2A era.

New idea are great, but as far as items, mobiles and houses I really want to preserve the look and feel of T2A.

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Yeah, I mean, I love the small towers. They're just fantastic. But they're not needed.

There's a one house per character limit on this shard. So it's not like you're stuck with that one tiny house for everything. You can toss a tiny house up where ever, put all your vendor in it. Then save money for a bigger house somewhere else to work out of. You could easily fit 9 or more vendors in a small house. And really, if you're using a house for a vendor you don't want to use it for anything else.

Khronus

Post by Khronus »

ok i get it...