Bolas?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bolas?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Oh yeah, the individual balls (looked like cannonballs) were found on "orc bombers" (which we shouldnt have here I dont think). Then tinkering or tailoring or something made them into bola-balls with leather.

I'm pretty sure there is no way those should be spawning here. That was put in when they added new orcs like the ones that used hiding and all that.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Oh yeah, the individual balls (looked like cannonballs) were found on "orc bombers" (which we shouldnt have here I dont think). Then tinkering or tailoring or something made them into bola-balls with leather.

I'm pretty sure there is no way those should be spawning here. That was put in when they added new orcs like the ones that used hiding and all that.
I guess what i'm saying is it's totally era accurate to use new monsters for events and spawn event items on them that do things.

I remember GMs spawning super magic weapons on bosses in era. I always wanted the Black Halbard that came off of minax. They were never willing to sell it at the time.

I don't see why orc bombers would be less era accurate than Jade super dragons or grey ogre lords.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I agree with you there but I see it as a totally different scenario. Typically, if you were not part of the hardcore RP-style "questers" that were doing those events, you never got any of that special shard-specific stuff. The OSI staff were EXTREMELY biased in giving out these items, (not to mention "town-blessings". If you weren't roleplaying in a big way, none of that was going to happen. Here (on UOSA) we seem to prefer giving out exotic items and custom addons to the small pvp community, or well-known private citizens for some reason.

That dragon should have been deleted in my opinion. I have seen other people tame (and succeed) specialized monsters only to have it deleted. But then again, I hate the shard, and work hard to drive people away...
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

No one really believes you hate the shard and drive people away. Everything said in game/irc is just for show.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

GuardianKnight wrote:I don't see why orc bombers would be less era accurate than Jade super dragons or grey ogre lords.
"Jade" dragon on Chessie:
Yes, it surprised me too. Just happened across it today and remembered this post.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Ok then derrick, let's get to spawning those because i want 5.