House prices

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House prices

Post by GuardianKnight »

After UO:R they eventually added factions and vendors started charging more/less depending on stock. I can't give a link or anything but i know i didn't start browsing different shops for deeds until after UO:R.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

voodoo

Post by voodoo »

I remember the wooden houses being cheaper (38k sounds familiar) on Lake Superior as well

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

IIRC Thatched roof was the cheapest house available at around 34 - 38k, rising to about 50k for the most expensive 7x7.

Thatched > Wooden > Wood and plaster > Stone and plaster.

I don't recall where the small brick or fieldstone fitted into that, but they were all priced according to the quality of the building materials used.

My first house deed purchase in UO was a thatched, not because I liked it (I don't) but because it was the cheapest. I haven't played any other shard besides Europa and here so this is fairly 'fresh' in my mind.

Buggered if I can find any actual evidence through Googling though :-/

Fireball
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fireball »

I also remember house prices varying. I specifically remembering buying one house in Magincia tinker shop because it was significantly cheaper than elsewhere. This was on Atlantic. Also another of our houses we bought in Moonglow carpenter shop for the same reason. Like others, I don't have evidence, but with the evidence given already and other witness testimony, is this in already or will it be put in?
<@BoomlandJenkins> I don't favor anyone here, I hate all of you equally as much as the next player :)