House prices

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
rouss

House prices

Post by rouss »

I've stumbled across this this page: http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en06.shtml

It's dated Fall 1999 and shows buy window with house placement deeds. However, prices are slightly different than prices on UOSA, have a look (40015gp compared to 43800gp).
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Boone
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House prices

Post by Boone »

I also seem to remember that some of the small house types were cheaper than others.

Pac

Post by Pac »

I don't ever remember seeing houses that cheap, but the picture is what it is.

Was there a date on that site?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I thought the house prices, like all other items, fluctuated with demand & inventory.

rouss

Post by rouss »

Pac wrote:I don't ever remember seeing houses that cheap, but the picture is what it is.

Was there a date on that site?
"Fall 1999"
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Wow, this was so old that the walls of the wood and plaster were clean white.

rouss

Post by rouss »

uofuntime wrote:Wow, this was so old that the walls of the wood and plaster were clean white.
yeah :P

theres actually a patch to make them clean once again..
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

I also remember house prices fluctuating. When I would buy a house, I'd run around to all the vendors in various towns to find who was cheapest. A small house would range from 38k to the normal 44k price. That's quite a saving when you're new and scraping up enough for your first house to have made it worthwhile to recall around.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

On Atlantic and i am sure it was the same on other shards.

Small House deeds were 44k but the wooden house was always 38k even when the vendor was completely restocked.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Kelektra wrote:On Atlantic and i am sure it was the same on other shards.

Small House deeds were 44k but the wooden house was always 38k even when the vendor was completely restocked.
This matches my memory of Great Lakes.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Same, always would buy the small wooden houses because it was cheaper.

Did not care about how something looked and in reality it was the same as the other small houses besides the visual appearance.
Loke - Jan 31, 2000 - http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.computer.ultima.online/browse_thread/thread/dc3d6474c52f6cd3/0bb3725d14502d70?lnk=gst&q=small+wooden+house+price#0bb3725d14502d70 wrote:I agree. The proposed idea will not work. A house deed can be sold back at the amount it was purchased for. But prices varry quite a bit. A small house goes from 38k to 44k. The difference with a two-storey is more than 20k. Deeds are not a very good way to transfer large sums, unless you don't care about a difference in the 20k size...
Small bricks would be in the upper column of pricing around 44-45k.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

On Great Lakes, the cheapest house that was available was the thatched roof cottage at about 34k. With respect to such variances in prices, we do know that the price of items not only fluctuated with the availability of the item (although I don't know if this occurred with house deeds), but we know that with most larger expense items the prices would fluctuate based on the background "economy" as well. However, the way in which the economy actually played into the price of such items is still unknown to us at this time.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Godwynn

Post by Godwynn »

I remember on Lake Superior that Wooden houses were cheaper than all other small house types.

That may have been Renaissance-era.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Godwynn wrote:I remember on Lake Superior that Wooden houses were cheaper than all other small house types.

That may have been Renaissance-era.
On pacific, I recall the nice looking sandstone/brick ones costing like 5-6k more than the wooden hovel as well.